• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Well today was the day time to start looking into the local vfw (crown point). He doesn t want a funeral. He would rather it be in the backyard at his house.. so we shall see since he wants cremated nothing is as time sensitive I don’t believe, then again never done anything like this. He is going to be upset if he votes democrat I know that…. Since he died in Chicago they probably log him in.

this has been an ongoing battle for 6 months I believe he was at peace and ready and he gave that to me. So it isn’t easy but I have already said goodbye 4x’s. 68 is too young…..
    The cremation itself is a little time sensitive due to funeral home body storage time limits usually. At least it was noted in the contract for the dealings I just had with my dad. Also, there is a $150 vet benefit you can apply for or the funeral home will do it for you and you'll get a check from the county in a few weeks/month. Mine just came Friday.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Good morning everyone. Got a call yesterday about a contractor job up in Bluffton. Not really excited about it as it would be a 65 mile commute one way. If they can come to an agreement on a contract house, I think the position is mine if I want it.
    Yeah, its a bit of a hike for you ona dialy basis I'd imagine. I think Bluffton is a cie little ville just south of Fort Wayne.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Yeah, its a bit of a hike for you ona dialy basis I'd imagine. I think Bluffton is a cie little ville just south of Fort Wayne.
    It is a trip and definitely will suck. It is hard to get an apartment or a good home loan as a contractor, so moving may not be feasible. The other side of the coin is that my fiance has a Chef job that she really loves. I really don't want to move her.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Worked on a customer's truck back during the cold snap. Simple shifter cable adjustment. He asked that morning if I had any coffee, to which I replied I do not. Got his vehicle done and he went on his way. Treat a customer right and you never know what might happen.

He showed up with this for the shop today

20240131_111036.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Worked on a customer's truck back during the cold snap. Simple shifter cable adjustment. He asked that morning if I had any coffee, to which I replied I do not. Got his vehicle done and he went on his way. Treat a customer right and you never know what might happen.

He showed up with this for the shop today

View attachment 329697
    Sometimes just simple recognition will make someone's day. Good on him.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Sometimes just simple recognition will make someone's day. Good on him.
    Yup. Working on cars can be a thankless job, like many others, but for those that take the time to acknowledge your time and effort, it's very much appreciated. And not just gifts, but a simple thank you goes a long way as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom