• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    was there a week ago, cool place, it's not a eat in place tho, it's a specialty supermarket. we bought some random desserts. if you're looking for whole smoked makeral or 27 different kinds of canned sausages this is your place!
    Clearly math is not your strong suit.

They have 41 different kinds. I was disappointed they didn't have more.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    He was using outcome based education math.
    Ahhhh. . .

Well I know he lives in the blessed southlands where life is good, but as he was North of 30 and technically in :pimp: the land of Jedi, whores, ne're-do'ells and smelly thug air, perhaps he regressed and used the math of 'those people' where facts don't matter and answers are made up.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    :(
    Mid 30s this week.
    It's a heat wave and once again ya messed up the feets and feets of snow.
    If the snow won't come to you why don't you go to the snow?

I'm sure the racoons will help you pack.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If the snow won't come to you why don't you go to the snow?

I'm sure the racoons will help you pack.
    But jedi wants ya 2 b miserable with da snow here as well. :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    But jedi wants ya 2 b miserable with da snow here as well. :)
    ICE not snow

Chatted with the Spamazon driver a few minutes ago. He says ICE on the roads is horrific. I didn't ask about the main roads. But I can see that my driveway is just one long slip & slide.

Anyone been out on US30, 231, US41, etc want to report road conditions so that us old shut ins can live vicariously through your intersection slippage and ABS thumping?

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    View attachment 327544

Correct that polish place is new and is in the Harbor Freight/Hooter plaza.
    If u were standing in front of the Harbor Frieght doors it's the bldging on the left.

It's the purple marking on the map.
    They share the harbor freight/hooter parking.
    Would that be just north of where the old Topps, if I remember correctly, department store was?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    ICE not snow

Chatted with the Spamazon driver a few minutes ago. He says ICE on the roads is horrific. I didn't ask about the main roads. But I can see that my driveway is just one long slip & slide.

Anyone been out on US30, 231, US41, etc want to report road conditions so that us old shut ins can live vicariously through your intersection slippage and ABS thumping?
    While not on any of those roads on my way home from work the roads were just fine. Any porches, sidewalks, etc. that doesn't see constant traffic are definitely slick. Every car at work that's been sitting in the parking lot over the weekend has a glaze of ice built up on it.

I imagine tomorrow's commute into work may be interesting

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    From NIpSCO email

NIPSCO is tracking the forecasted winter weather today and into Tuesday bringing a wintry mix, including freezing rain and ice. While the weather forecast is still variable, it is expected to hit primarily Lake, Porter and western LaPorte counties.

This type of winter weather bringing freezing rain and ice can weigh down tree limbs and power lines, all of which has the potential to cause power outages.

We are preparing all available NIPSCO crews and contractor resources accordingly to respond to this anticipated weather. That preparation includes staffing additional crews overnight when the weather is expected to hit, dispersing crews appropriately across the service area and having contractor crews on standby.

NIPSCO reminds customers to stay safe and prepare for the upcoming winter weather by having fully charged mobile phones, flashlights and batteries at the ready. Learn more about our outage safety tips: Prepare for an Outage - NIPSCO

These conditions can also make for treacherous road conditions. Consider staying off the roads, and if you must travel, please drive carefully and be mindful of our crews and other emergency responders working in these inclement conditions.

Most important to your safety is to avoid downed power lines, damaged poles or other hazardous situations. Every downed wire should be treated as though it is a live wire.

If you are experiencing a power outage, please visit nipsco.com/outages, text OUT to 444111 or report your outage on the NIPSCO app, available on the Apple App Store or on Google Play.

For the latest information, if this wintry weather causes elevated outages, please visit NIPSCO.com/Out.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we respond to any outages this wintry weather may bring.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom