• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I live just outside the town limits of Kouts so I think it's county that does my road.

I'm gonna see about doing a temporary rigging in the morning but I ordered a mailbox post that swings the box out of the way if it gets hit. I didn't notice it until I left for work today but I might be able to use the box again. It got knocked off once before without a scratch by someone turning around in my driveway so I might be able to reuse it again.
    We have something like this
    1705154763643.png
    Is this what you are getting?
    1705154819895.png

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Hope you all are doing well up there. Kokomo is not too bad, maybe got an inch, but the winds are heavy. All the rain we got yesterday has turned to a sheet of ice.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Old inherited snow blower crapped out. Had to shovel.
    To re-power it or not is the question. Rest of it is in great shape and harbor freight has a Predator that will work.
    Mine started up pretty easily but wouldn't throw snow. Auger belt was still in one piece but too stretched to drive it. Local sources didn't have the right size. Ended up shoveling, very wet and heavy. Blower should back in business this week.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    They haven't taken out your post, just your mailbox?

When they got ours in the past, they snapped the 4x4 and smashed the mailbox. The plastic one survived getting hit once.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Most AWD vehicles are so computer controlled that you can't do much with them because of the overrides in their systems.

True 4wd vehicles are pretty rare these days, but road and semi-road tires are sold for 2 main reasons, fuel economy and road noise.

One thing I like about the Subaru, I can turn off most of the computer ****, but really, in standard mode, it does an excellent job to handle anything we're likely to see in these parts, even with the Yokohama Avid standard tires. I do love the paddle shifter to downshift and use the engine to slow down.

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Well…. I was in the dells this week went with my sister… left this morning at 3:30 AM to miss the snow that was supposed to start in WI at 5:00 and in CP area at 9:00…… needless to say I missed nothing Wisconsin was clear sailing with wet roads and snow coming down….. once I hit Rockford it was a complete mess. Pulled off at the oasis and waited for the plows to go by and hop behind them……. 3.5hr drive took 7hrs but happy to be home not gonna lie was gonna start looking for hotels in Rockford it was BAD up there by the time I hit 294 IL was putting that tax salt to use and it was pretty clear sailing.

Indiana got nothing compared to what Rockford area got…. But this snow was WET 2 stage snow blower had a heck of a time kept slushing in the chute

My son's in Madison. They got wacked with a couple good snows.

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016

My MIL almost fell for this scam over a decade ago, and was one of the things that brought attention to her mental decline, as she transitioned into Alzheimers. If it hadn't been for the girl at the drugstore knowing her and knowing something was not right, MIL would have sent the money. As it is, drugstore girl called my sister-in-law to make her aware of the situation.

I wish I could do bad things to the sub-humans who prey on others.

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    I’m very impressed with my AWD. It actually does fairly well in the snow, with “snow mode” enabled anyway. Normal mode, it does seem to want to be all over the place.
    I wish there was a way to override some of the computer systems, I’d love to go tear up some parking lots if/when we get actual snow.

Pic below from the badlands in Attica.

I don't think I'm ready for the Badlands, but the Suby does a great job keeping you stable with just the standard AWD. I do have mud and snow settings, but havn't needed them yet.

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Wow, that scams making a comeback huh?? Guess the Nigerian prince needed a few extra bucks

I have a Nigerian prince story with a happy ending, where I actually got paid ...

... well actually, not directly with the Prince, but I printed an ad book/program for an international event held in Chicago that had African princes and princesses from all over the world attending and/or wishing the event success, in the ads. The pictures reminded me of the clothing worn by the King in that movie: "Coming to America" with Eddie Murphy. Very ornate.

I believe real African prince and princesses is a pretty good gig, for those so fortunate. They all looked very happy in the pics.

And they paid me!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it ...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    They haven't taken out your post, just your mailbox?

When they got ours in the past, they snapped the 4x4 and smashed the mailbox. The plastic one survived getting hit once.
    No both times it's been hit the horizontal jointed piece of wood that the mailbox is mounted to has ended up getting whacked off(heheh) the main post.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom