Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Oooffff so u will not be eating for a while. :(
    That was taken care of back then.
    Had a new hip in Sept and people were telling me all be all good now. My reply was "until the next surgery that
    will pop up". Here we are 3 months later and guess what? Another surgery popped up and they are enough of annoyances
    that won't kill me just make life miserable.
    Let them tell me I need heart surgery and guess what? It won't get done.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    That was taken care of back then.
    Had a new hip in Sept and people were telling me all be all good now. My reply was "until the next surgery that
    will pop up". Here we are 3 months later and guess what? Another surgery popped up and they are enough of annoyances
    that won't kill me just make life miserable.
    Let them tell me I need heart surgery and guess what? It won't get done.

On a brighter note (I hope), how's the new hip? I had mine done in March/April, and it's much betterer. Also had hernia surgery a decade or so ago. Wishing you the best!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Herro, dis is numbah wan srab yard crayman here to terr you everyting is normar heeya at US Steer, notting to woowee about we not heeya to brow up Hawaii boat agin

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Was in the Cabela's neighborhood today, so I stopped in. What a joke they're becoming. The little ammo they have, has moved up front before you get to the "Gun Library". The gun library glass doors are all locked, so you have to get help to touch anything.

And there in one of the glass cases, is the same five Dan Wesson Valor Stainless Bobtail Commanders (in 10mm), that I saw there last year. A fairly rare piece, Bobtail Commanders in 10mm, and they havn't budged off the price of $2000 in over a year.

Aside from that, they supposedly gave over 200,000 gun sale records to the Brady bunch plaintiffs from the 1999 Gary vs Glock lawsuit.

I believe I'm done with Cabela's. Probably should have been long ago.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    jedi does not think cabelas (before bass pro bought it) was ever "gun friendly" meaning that they cared about the gun customer.

Their focus always felt on selling one a firearm which does not work on new firearm owners or seasoned ones.

New owners need help understanding the products, what may work for them based on their need (home defense, carry, competition etc).

You get that level of service normally from a smaller shop that is focus on service vs selling.

Seasons owners can always shop online for "a better deal" (aka lower price) and may usually turn the other way when they see the prices.

Thus it's hard for the big box store to win in these situations and that is ok jedi thinks.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Was in the Cabela's neighborhood today, so I stopped in. What a joke they're becoming. The little ammo they have, has moved up front before you get to the "Gun Library". The gun library glass doors are all locked, so you have to get help to touch anything.

And there in one of the glass cases, is the same five Dan Wesson Valor Stainless Bobtail Commanders (in 10mm), that I saw there last year. A fairly rare piece, Bobtail Commanders in 10mm, and they havn't budged off the price of $2000 in over a year.

Aside from that, they supposedly gave over 200,000 gun sale records to the Brady bunch plaintiffs from the 1999 Gary vs Glock lawsuit.

I believe I'm done with Cabela's. Probably should have been long ago.

Haven't been there in years now. Not because of anything other than traffic getting there sucks, well that, and I can get whatever it is I'm looking for cheaper, elsewhere, shipped to the house

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Too damn far north for me to go shopping, but I get to Cabela's about once every 24 months, usually go in for something specific, rarely find it, then look around for jerky and snacks. I bought some nice fishing gear there before I did a fly in trip into Canada a few years ago. Guns??? No. Ammo, only if on sale and I am actually in the store that day.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    That Walmart is endless entertainment on fb group pages. It’s like watching an episode of live pd :lmfao:

I avoid Walmarts like the plague anyway but you couldn’t pay me to enter that one

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That Walmart is endless entertainment . . .
    Closest I get to any WalMart is the White Castle drive thru window that is usually located near by.

Those WalMart shoppers may be a breed of their own, but for some reason White Castle seems to settle one of their gourmet burger stores within a short distance of inbred cluster of Arkansas discount box store.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom