• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If it doesn't say it on the bottle, GTG.
    It says I can't drive heavy equipment

Nothing much else

Clearly I should be good . . . as soon as I can figure out how get down the stairs. Walking is not an option. Given the pain meds are dulling the aches and pains, maybe I could just throw myself down 2 flights of stairs to get to stash of bourbon.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's gone twice to Bedford Park now. :)
    Yups that is correct for USPS.
    You really don't want to see how the work is done for them in downtown chriaqi.

jedi has seen it first hand.
    Not as a customer but by actually going into their work area and seeing the operation and the massive mess they have.

It's madness.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I got a pair of $179 fencing shoes. Came with free shipping. But was charged $29 shipping. Shipped from Vhina to France to Dubai, (took a week to get to the US) then to the USA and USPS.

Import point to Chicago to Bedford Park, back and forth to and from Chicago/Bedford Park for 3 months. I got refunded the $29 shipping, Then to Indianapolis. Back to Chicago and then Bedford Park and back to Chicago. I got refunded the $179 + shipping!

Then they arrived!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I got a pair of $179 fencing shoes. Came with free shipping. But was charged $29 shipping. Shipped from Vhina to France to Dubai, (took a week to get to the US) then to the USA and USPS.

Import point to Chicago to Bedford Park, back and forth to and from Chicago/Bedford Park for 3 months. I got refunded the $29 shipping, Then to Indianapolis. Back to Chicago and then Bedford Park and back to Chicago. I got refunded the $179 + shipping!

Then they arrived!
    We had a black friday deal TV disappear into thin air a couple years ago. Called and asked for the tracking information, couldn't give it, asked when the eta was, didn't have one. Went back and forth a few times and no one could tell us where it was after a week or two. Ended up getting a refund and a few days latter a TV showed up on our doorstep.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I bought two more. One of them is from the "lock me up in the nuthouse" Genus :facepalm:

Also sent 3 itty bitty spiderlings between 1/8" and 1/4" for free. This is actually a common practice in tarantula keeping. Some places let you choose based on how much you spent and others like this one just send randoms.

Pterinochilus murinus
    Commonly called the "OBT" for "Orange Baboon Tarantula" or jokingly as the "Orange Bitey Thing"

I think this one is gonna end up being my aggressive eater. It took a roach immediately.

1000007396.jpg

Poecilotheria metallica
    Gooty Sapphire Ornamental

Spiders of this genus are so fast some people call them "teleporters"

Also has "medically significant" venom. Non lethal but extremely painful. Like a weaker, Trial version of a Widow bite. That said this species is on the lower end of the spectrum for the genus for aggression and venom potency.

Colors are muted now but it will become a beatiful blue with bright yellow chevrons on its joints.

1000007394.jpg

The freebies were a Harpactira pulchripes "Golden blue legged baboon" spiderling and two Hapalopus sp. Colombia "Pumpkin Patch" a dwarf species that will grow to a max size of 2-3" or about the same size as the two above are as juveniles.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I walked in the boot, from the bed down the stairs, to the kitchen and back. Not comfortable, but also didn't hurt too bad either. It was very s_l_o_w progress. Since the lovely Mrs_Bob was already downstairs in the kitchen she was unaware of my departure from the bed, met me at the bottom of the stairs and was unhappy with me. But it was good to get out of bed.

She has "excused me" from all weekend activities after watching me walk. Clearly I was not prepared for the after-surgery inconvenience.

My left foot (the one with the surgical boot) is splayed outward while I hobble. The boot prevents any motion of the foot and ankle. And the sole of the boot is shaped to make sure I land on my heel with each step. So it is sort of like walking like a pirate with a peg leg. Not fun.

And the boot takes about 5 minutes to actually strap onto my foot, so not really convenient either. I think I'll spend more time with the far less protective surgical shoe inside the house, the boot reserved for 'trips' out of the house.

And now my foot hurts.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom