• Status
    Not open for further replies.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Does anyone know who made our NWI INGO logo?
    socialgroupicon_12_1310838776.gif

A member was asking about it and I can't recall who made it.

That would be me.:wavey:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    picked up a new 1911 from budsgunshop.com this week and had it shipped here, didn't know if anyone else here knew of this but there is a guy in st. john (j&d's big boy's toys) who is an FFL and does transfers for $25. met him yesterday and gotta say he's a real nice guy (jerry). just works out of his home and said he does 50 or so transfers a year, asked him permission to mention him here and he said no problem.

J&D'S Big Boy's Toys
    (219) 365-7807

he's on w 83rd place in latern woods subdivision. figured many of us have been driving to demotte for F2E which is an awesome FFL, just figured i'd throw this out there for us lake county guy's that may not wanna travel so far.

Last edited:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    ... figured many of us have been driving to demotte for F2E which is an awesome FFL, just figured i'd throw this out there for us lake county guy's that may not wanna travel so far.
    But then we wouldn't get to stand around drooling over suppressors and BS'ing. The last time I was there, a two-minute pick up took 40 minutes.:)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    picked up a new 1911 from budsgunshop.com this week and had it shipped here, didn't know if anyone else here knew of this but there is a guy in st. john (j&d's big boy's toys) who is an FFL and does transfers for $25. met him yesterday and gotta say he's a real nice guy (jerry). just works out of his home and said he does 50 or so transfers a year, asked him permission to mention him here and he said no problem.

J&D'S Big Boy's Toys
    (219) 365-7807

he's on w 83rd place in latern woods subdivision. figured many of us have been driving to demotte for F2E which is an awesome FFL, just figured i'd throw this out there for us lake county guy's that may not wanna travel so far.

But.. But... we can's visit him he is in St. John! ;)

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I've used Jerry a handful of times. Nice guy. I told him I might not see him til around christmas. What 1911 did you get?

Nothing terribly Exciting, RIA mil-spec. Wanted one when Blythes offered them to us for 379, little looking found one at buds for the same price shipped. Would rather spend my money lOcal but Blythes was out. I give gem plenty of my money anyway :D

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Anyone planning on attending the Prac/Tac Shotgun Match at NPCCC on Sunday, March 11 @ 0900 ??? If you are interested and you have never been to a match, PM me for details and/or help getting started.

Also ...

Any NPCCC members here? ... Ghost? ... Huey ... RePete? I have a friend that might be making a loooong distance drive to this match. I would really appreciate it if a NPCCC member would be willing to sign us in after the match (post tear down too) for maybe an hour of rifle time (sorta make it worth his time).

Yeah, I know, I need to get off my duff and join. I'll get it done this year.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Anyone planning on attending the Prac/Tac Shotgun Match at NPCCC on Sunday, March 11 @ 0900 ??? If you are interested and you have never been to a match, PM me for details and/or help getting started.

Also ...

Any NPCCC members here? ... Ghost? ... Huey ... RePete?.

I just picked up a new Mossberg 500 about a month ago and am definitely planning on taking the Boomstick out there on the 11th... Set up (yes it does have to be set up too, is at 7:30 AM) You Illannoy boys can sleep in...

as to the Rifle... hummm, what's he shooting? :):
    Depending on the time I will likely be sticking around for a bit (After Clean up) as I am a long winded BS'er anyway... (or so I am told... mostly by my wife...)

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I just picked up a new Mossberg 500 about a month ago and am definitely planning on taking the Boomstick out there on the 11th... Set up (yes it does have to be set up too, is at 7:30 AM) You Illannoy boys can sleep in...

as to the Rifle... hummm, what's he shooting? :):
    Depending on the time I will likely be sticking around for a bit (After Clean up) as I am a long winded BS'er anyway... (or so I am told... mostly by my wife...)

Thanks ... PM sent.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Nothing terribly Exciting, RIA mil-spec. Wanted one when Blythes offered them to us for 379, little looking found one at buds for the same price shipped. Would rather spend my money lOcal but Blythes was out. I give gem plenty of my money anyway :D

I got mil spec RIA last year. Polished the feed ramp and changed the grips. About 700 rounds, no problems. Pretty darn accurate with cheap ammo too.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana

J&D'S Big Boy's Toys
    (219) 365-7807

I used to live in that subdivision.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Went to Bass Pro tonight... fondled a few guns.

I wish I remembered the model number... but it was a nice little pocket carryable semi auto.

I think a Taurus PT-111. Ergonomics were a little weird... I couldn't work out how to lock the slide back without a magazine in...? Neither could the guy behind the counter.

I liked the fact there was somewhere for my pinky unlike the Glock 26 and a little ruger that I could barely get two fingers...around. Giggedy.

Edit: I was mostly OC'ing around Bass Pro... when I left there was a cop car parked outside... coincidence? Probably, since I saw the cop leaving the restroom area as I was browsing the crappy gift/kid section and he didn't come looking for me/arresting me :p

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Went to Bass Pro tonight... fondled a few guns.

I wish I remembered the model number... but it was a nice little pocket carryable semi auto.

I think a Taurus PT-111. Ergonomics were a little weird... I couldn't work out how to lock the slide back without a magazine in...? Neither could the guy behind the counter.

Depending on the exact model you were looking it , it probably doesn't have a slide lock at all.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Jedi not going to be able to make it out to Cabelas this morning to help you. I got stuck at work but I am going to try and stop by after work to pick up the ammo from you. Let me know if that is possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom