Not open for further replies.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    What are you laughing at?
    There is no txt with the quote you quoted. ;)

19638324.jpg

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    So some of my family wants to force my son to learn spanish...hes 2 btw. I feel like he can learn Spanish later if he chooses to do so. Thoughts?

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The **** for?

Also, I have a problem guys, I haven't even fired the new little Kimber yet and I'm thinking about buying another 1911(Sig Scorpion or a TacOps)

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    T_star : there is a holster with your name on it waiting for you at the cigar lounge. Feel free to keep it for a week or so and get it back to me when you get a chance.

Just picked it up, and I already know I'm going to like it. Thanks Bob!

I also left the fliers with Chris.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    So msome of my family wants to force my son to learn spanish...hes 2 btw. I feel like h can learn Spanish later if he chooses to do so. Thoughts?

I know how to speak/write/read Spanish very fluently , and Portuguese somewhat decently.
    I definitely see the advantages of being able to do so, but, I don't know if someone should necessarily be "forced" to learn a language.
    I just happened to grow up with it.

2 ways, that I see, to look at it:

1. If he learns it now, then it would be easier for him to learn it, but I think that only applies to young kids who actually grow up with it in the home. (I don't know if you or your family are/have any Hispanic blood or family members/relatives.)
    It can help him a lot later on, if he does learn it.

2. It is harder to learn a language when you didn't grow up with it, but like you said, he might not even want to at all. If he doesn't want to, then that's fine as well.
    If he ends up wanting to, then that within itself will be the motivation to actually learn it.

Since he is only 2 you can choose to either have him learn it, or choose to let HIM choose later on.

As far as making that choice myself, I have no idea, because I am not a father (hopefully not for a long time :faint:) and I don't know what is it like to raise a kid.
    So maybe someone else with actual experience can add more to this.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Just make sure he speaks English, not Ebonics!

I know only one language and its good enough for me. Otherwise I'd prolly be in a lot of fights for misunderstanding others.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    So got a new neighbor as of today... The old ones left at 0940 new one came by with the moving truck at noon.

Just a short hi exchange this morning with the new guy. But miss the old ones, actually felt sad when their rental truck pulled away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom