• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    So I went to the new doctor office in cedar lake. It's a st Anthony affiliate. And I was pretty impressed. My appointment was at 1820, they asked I arrive 10-15 minutes early to fill out forms. I jumped in my car at 1800 and pulled into their lot at 1804, give or take a few seconds.

Went inside, they gave me the forms, I turned around to go fill out the forms, and before I took a step they called me back. Ok, cool, I'll fill this stuff in the room waiting for the doctor. Nurse took my vitals asked pertinent questions. Said ok if you need anything give me a holler. The doctor will be with you shortly.

Start filling out the form, I write my name the start my address. When the doctor walks in. He introduces himself, makes a little small talk. Asks what bothering me. I explain and to my surprise he then asks "So what kind of meds have worked for you before, Trigeminal Nueralgia can be finicky, and often several different combinations are tried before we find ones that work"

Now that impressed me, last new Dr I seen said, well you need to got to a neurologist, here's some Vicodin. And gave me a number to a neurologist. And I've had to wait several weeks to see one.

I told him of all trials and errors of my past medications, and what had the best results. Then he said, ok, got it. Right there he sent orders to the pharmacy for me to pick it up. I talked to him about FMLA, as the railroad is really getting on a role about firing people for calling in sick. He said, stop by when you get the forms. We'll go over it and ill sign it so we can get you protected.

Gave me a orders for a complete bloodwork to be done. This is where I was surprised again. He said now your supposed to fast for these tests. Tell the people there that you fasted... But don't. I want to see how the inside of your body really is on a normal day.

Shook hands, and he went on to another patient, I went to the front office to finish filling out my forms. Paid my copayment, and was in my car by 1827 to head to CVS. Got to CVS,, and my prescription was ready for me. Home by 1855.

So being impressed by this dr, I decide to look him up. He's got a pretty impressive résumé. He's a md, od, lawyer, biochemist and some other degrees. Hes written a book, and has several videos on YouTube, has a weekly live webcast where people across the country call in and ask health questions. Has done interviews on radio and tv. He's known as the Shock Doc. He rally goes against conventional medicine. And part of that is he's a big believer in low carb higher fats, I guess it's a variation of the caveman diet.

I think I'm gonna stick with this guy. After my blood work gets done, I'll have that done tomorrow. I'm going to follow up with him and I'll ask about nutrition.

One thing I did notice, which I wasn't happy with, when I first got in on the door was stenciled "No Weapons"

If anyone is looking for a doctor, I can't "recommend" him just yet, but I can say check him out. Real nice guy, seems to know his stuff from what I've seen in person, and the stuff I've read and watched I'm really liking so far.

His names Dr. James Carlson. Or you can google Shock Doc James Carlson if you want to see what he's about. All his Shock Doc Info is about nutrition.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    So I went to the new doctor office in cedar lake. It's a st Anthony affiliate.

His names Dr. James Carlson. Or you can google Shock Doc James Carlson if you want to see what he's about. All his Shock Doc Info is about nutrition.

I'm happy for you, he was recommend to me by our school nurse. I called about 3 months ago to make an appointment and was told he's not taking new patients so I ended up going somewhere else.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    bill you staying where you at forever?

why dont you treat yourself to a new home?
    I will be in about 2.5 years. Out west. Maybe southwest. I don't know exactly where yet, but definitely not Commifornia or Colorado. Or Washington. Or Oregon, well maybe Oregon...

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Gp, I think he'll be my new primary. He's accepting new patients now. If your in the market for a dr, check him out. Really liking everything I've seen so far.

I think general practice is his fortay.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    oh gg look what i found for you...
    hello-kitty-wedding-dress-gone-wrong.gif

yeah yeah im suppose to be asleep but just woke up from a nightmare so need to take a breather before i got back to nightmare again.

So I went to the new doctor office in cedar lake. It's a st Anthony affiliate. And I was pretty impressed. My appointment was at 1820, they asked I arrive 10-15 minutes early to fill out forms. I jumped in my car at 1800 and pulled into their lot at 1804, give or take a few seconds.

Went inside, they gave me the forms, I turned around to go fill out the forms, and before I took a step they called me back. Ok, cool, I'll fill this stuff in the room waiting for the doctor. Nurse took my vitals asked pertinent questions. Said ok if you need anything give me a holler. The doctor will be with you shortly.

Start filling out the form, I write my name the start my address. When the doctor walks in. He introduces himself, makes a little small talk. Asks what bothering me. I explain and to my surprise he then asks "So what kind of meds have worked for you before, Trigeminal Nueralgia can be finicky, and often several different combinations are tried before we find ones that work"

Now that impressed me, last new Dr I seen said, well you need to got to a neurologist, here's some Vicodin. And gave me a number to a neurologist. And I've had to wait several weeks to see one.

I told him of all trials and errors of my past medications, and what had the best results. Then he said, ok, got it. Right there he sent orders to the pharmacy for me to pick it up. I talked to him about FMLA, as the railroad is really getting on a role about firing people for calling in sick. He said, stop by when you get the forms. We'll go over it and ill sign it so we can get you protected.

Gave me a orders for a complete bloodwork to be done. This is where I was surprised again. He said now your supposed to fast for these tests. Tell the people there that you fasted... But don't. I want to see how the inside of your body really is on a normal day.

Shook hands, and he went on to another patient, I went to the front office to finish filling out my forms. Paid my copayment, and was in my car by 1827 to head to CVS. Got to CVS,, and my prescription was ready for me. Home by 1855.

So being impressed by this dr, I decide to look him up. He's got a pretty impressive résumé. He's a md, od, lawyer, biochemist and some other degrees. Hes written a book, and has several videos on YouTube, has a weekly live webcast where people across the country call in and ask health questions. Has done interviews on radio and tv. He's known as the Shock Doc. He rally goes against conventional medicine. And part of that is he's a big believer in low carb higher fats, I guess it's a variation of the caveman diet.

I think I'm gonna stick with this guy. After my blood work gets done, I'll have that done tomorrow. I'm going to follow up with him and I'll ask about nutrition.

One thing I did notice, which I wasn't happy with, when I first got in on the door was stenciled "No Weapons"

If anyone is looking for a doctor, I can't "recommend" him just yet, but I can say check him out. Real nice guy, seems to know his stuff from what I've seen in person, and the stuff I've read and watched I'm really liking so far.

so u like yojr doc hu? that is nice i'm sure by 2018 he wont be around practicing that to....

I will be in about 2.5 years. Out west. Maybe southwest. I don't know exactly where yet, but definitely not Commifornia or Colorado. Or Washington. Or Oregon, well maybe Oregon...

what!!! so u r going to cali hu? :p

ok back to sleep and nightmare #2 of many more for tonight***,

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Well, Nipsco is awesome.
    I somehow got enrolled in their AC cycling program. They put a box on my AC unit, now it doesn't work. Worst part, I can't just pull a few strings at work and throw a little hitch in their get-a-long because its an outside company contracted by Nipsco. I have to wait like every other doofus. Happy early birthday present to me.

I think I'm going to celebrate my birthday at 1101 tomorrow evening at 6:30ish, feel free to join me as I enjoy the comforts of Bob's climate controlled clubhouse.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    just got off work, debating on drinking when I get home or not....ah the choices life throws at us. *sigh*

Well the fact that you're debating it means you haven't ruled it out, which means you want to, which means you should.

See how easy that was? :D

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I must spend too much time in this thread, I need to go spread some random rep around INGO cuz every time I wanna rep someone here I "must spread some rep around" before I can hit you guys again. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom