• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    anybody know any places that are hiring around here?
    I would prefer to stay away form fast food or restaurants in general.
    I've applied at so many different places and nothing so far :faint:
    Railroad Job Vacancies Reported to the RRB
    at the bottom of the page is a listing of links to all the railroads...or almost all of them.
    I heard a rumor that Gary Railway (Railroad?:dunno:) is hiring too.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    Railroad Job Vacancies Reported to the RRB
    at the bottom of the page is a listing of links to all the railroads...or almost all of them.
    I heard a rumor that Gary Railway (Railroad?:dunno:) is hiring too.

that doesn't sound like it would a be a college student friendly job ._. or is it?

I guess that is another thing I should have mentioned. I am a full time college student :faint:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    that doesn't sound like it would a be a college student friendly job ._. or is it?

I guess that is another thing I should have mentioned. I am a full time college student :faint:
    picture.php

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    The problem with pre builts like the HP ones, is that most of the time they are not upgrade friendly at all.
    They typically won't come with extra ram slots, or extra PCI-e slots if you ever want to upgrade the graphics or something like that.
    They also don't come with very many extra places to connect stuff on the cheap motherboards they use.
    This is all from personal experience.
    Ive had to fix a lot of those things for people, as well as I have owned 2 HP's.
    Let's just say a case of 00 buck took care of my HP problems. :D
    The generic cases they sometimes use are also a pain in the a$$ to work with, if you ever do need to open it up or something.

:faint:

I'll just get a MAC and be done with it
    . :D

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    No if you get a mac, you will just have to run it up to Chicago to the mac store whenever you have a problem with it and you will have to first get a appointment for your visit and have lots of money with you when you go....

MAC's have hardware problems
    MAC's have software or OS problems
    MAC's can get viruses...

but MAC's only get worked on by MAC....

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    No if you get a mac, you will just have to run it up to Chicago to the mac store whenever you have a problem with it and you will have to first get a appointment for your visit and have lots of money with you when you go....

MAC's can get viruses...

and not to mention that MAC's are gay. :laugh:

joke from a funny youtube video :P

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

MAC's can get viruses...

You LIE! You LIE! :runaway:

I read on the internet that MACS are perfect and incorruptible.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    All this geek talk is wearing me out. Not to mention, after a long night that included dealing with stuff like this (Not Safe For the Squeamish), I'm ready for bed. Later.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Anyone see any 38 or 9mm available locally?

That was Herters 9mm 115g for 14.99 per 50 at Cabelas. I think they had 38 also but I didn't look close. Every time I go there I see 2 or 3 asshats on the phone calling their buddy to find out what to buy:rolleyes:

I have though of this but alas the genny is a manual operation (ie. I have to be home to set it up) also if it's still raining you should not run the genny outside. So having 2 electrical ones is still an issue.

There is nothing wrong with running a genny in the rain. You need to ground it properly and take some precautions but it isn't difficult. Lots to go wrong with a batt powered sump pump, I vote to run it off the genny.

After cabelas I stopped by Gander Mountain. The remodel is done and it looks like a Cabelas clone. Tons of guns at very high prices. In the same model I could buy new cheaper online than they were asking for their used stuff. Lots of ammo in most calibers other than 9mm, 22 and 380.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    anything made by apple is a joke of a piece of technology.....overpriced for what you get

I could build a PC with better hardware and put some sort of Linux (or even Windows) on it and get better results

also Android > Iphone ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom