• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Woodchuck Hard Cider. Someone else here drinks it, I think it was Andy. They sell a variety pack at the Mejier in Highland, it comes with 4 different kinds(3 of each)

Think beer, but instead of barley, they use apples to make it.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Woodchuck Hard Cider. Someone else here drinks it, I think it was Andy. They sell a variety pack at the Mejier in Highland, it comes with 4 different kinds(3 of each)

Think beer, but instead of barley, they use apples to make it.

I like angry orchards hard Apple cider

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Here's my thought on calibers...

The more you shoot it the better you will be with that particuliar gun....

Therefore the more effective you will be in using it. Once you get to the 9mm level of cartridge design you have enough mass to leave a lasting effect on a person who means you harm...

Ammo cost money, need I say more...

Ya, this doesn't completely work as the 223 is a varmint round that we use for stopping other humans on the battlefield but they claim because it is moving so fast that it's magically gonna leave a better effect on humans...

Thier kinda right, but it is more about the fact that the human being is one of the most fragile living things on the planet and really doesn't take all that much to stop ...

Like I said thoughts on calibers, take it or leave it...

Shoot what you carry, carry what you shoot....

and looks like TV has had way too much cider, or it has been sitting long enough to leave a lasting effect... Don't drive...

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Hmmmm not sure how to take this^

Are you saying gun shops sway people to buy high calibers because they are more expensive and they do so by saying that small calibers have less of a dramatic effect? And anyone who is for .40s are under the magical spell of these gun shops?

I don't think gun shop employees push anything. Personally, I think if you go into a gun shop with an opnion (however incorrect it might be) they agree to help justify the purchase of whatever it is you are looking at purchasing. I hear stupid things at gun shops, and watch the employees gloss over because they don't want to tell the customer they are wrong.

So, to sum up gun shops, they are enablers. :D

As far as "anyone who is for .40s"? I just don't see people shoot .40 often. By often I mean 3-5k rounds per year. .40 is just too abrasive (for me). If you don't shoot often, you aren't proficent. If you aren't proficent, you shouldn't carry it.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just talk guns. :twocents:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I agree. It's only selfish if the person has dependent children. Otherwise, I think it's selfish for people to demand a person go on living thru pain bad enough to make suicide their preferred escape. Freedom is a meaningless idea if an adult isn't free to end his own pain.

I think Michael Dahlquist, John Glick, and Douglas Meis would disagree with you.

Right-to-die issues aside, it's still a selfish act whether children are involved or not. It affects all involved. Obviously you've never dealt with suicide on a personal level. Unfortunately, I have.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I had a choice while in blythes this morning of buying a hi point or a m and p. the mp felt odd in my hand and i an now a proud owner of a hi point. Why would anyone want that Smith and Wesson Garbage

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom