Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I set out my very very sad tomato plants that I started from seed. Started them too soon, they got too leggy, didn't pay enough attention to them (mom falling, my health issues). Then to top it off, I thought they needed some fresh air yesterday so I just set the pots on the deck, and the wind almost killed them. We'll see. I may be buying some plants in a week.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I set out my very very sad tomato plants that I started from seed. Started them too soon, they got too leggy, didn't pay enough attention to them (mom falling, my health issues). Then to top it off, I thought they needed some fresh air yesterday so I just set the pots on the deck, and the wind almost killed them. We'll see. I may be buying some plants in a week.

I was thinking of planting tomatoes this week but am wondering now if the heat would stress them. Next week will be in the 60's again and maybe a better time to do it.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    It's really warm and humid out there for May 10th. I was out pulling weeds a few minutes ago and am drenched in sweat. I'll still take it any day over last week's weather.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    If you buried them deep, you'll prolly be ok

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I was thinking of planting tomatoes this week but am wondering now if the heat would stress them. Next week will be in the 60's again and maybe a better time to do it.
    Outside temp not the biggest issue. Ground temp plays more a factor.
    Last 4-5 years my plants don't go in the ground till Memorial Day. Use to be Mothers Day as rule of thumb but the damn global warming doesn't seem to cooperate and have the ground warm enough by then

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If you buried them deep, you'll prolly be ok
    They're in pots, but they are in deep. But I think I half killed them setting them out in that wind yesterday. I just gave them some more water. They are VERY droopy. I'm prepared for them not to make it. They are way too gangly anyway. I had them under a bright light inside for too long and they grew up toward the light.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    They're in pots, but they are in deep. But I think I half killed them setting them out in that wind yesterday. I just gave them some more water. They are VERY droopy. I'm prepared for them not to make it. They are way too gangly anyway. I had them under a bright light inside for too long and they grew up toward the light.
    Place the light closer. And bury them clear up to the last two leaves when you plant. They'll be fine

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    And this is why I picked up a 2022 Honda Navi motorcycle and it's supposed to get (Yeah Right) 110 miles to a gallon and I know better.
    I wouldn't be too surprised if it does actually(or better), the motor on those things is only like 110 CC. My CB650R would do 50 when I was gentle on the throttle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom