Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    REMC never lost power over here in the fresh air. It amazes me how :poop: NIPSCO seems to be.
    Well, in defense of NIPSCO near me, my power lines go through woods.

But, against NIPSCO, they STOPPED trimming trees back, and WAIT till the tree falls on the power line.
    It's to save money.
    Unfortunately, it means more down time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh ... so that's a real thing. I didn't know that. If that's the case, why does mgmt. do so much counter-productive stuff? Or more specifically, penny-wise-pound-foolish stuff. Seriously. I'm just curious.

From what I've seen... managements profit sharing is a bit more "fluid", for one.
    Also, many managers don't understand how machinery works.

One example.
    We were down to fix something.
    Getting ready to start up, and someone noticed a hydraulic leak from a hose.
    So, an employee ran in the line to change the hose. Quick 5-10 minute job.

Idiot mid level manager has a conniption right in front of me.
    Full on stomping, yelling, waving arms.
    "YOU DAMN MAINTENANCE GUYS, ALWAYS TRYING TO FIX ONE MORE THING."
    OMG. Someone is DOING THEIR JOB. :rolleyes:

So, another manager comes over and walks him away, because he was freaking out in front of EVERYONE.
    He explained that hose leaks never get better, they get worse.
    The hose would probably have failed in the next 24 hours, causing us to shut down AGAIN.
    Taking the building down, is a minimum of 2 hours to reset it to start back up again, in order to do the 5 minute job.
    The first boss didn't care, he was told to have the building up at a certain time, and now how was he supposed to tell then he was 5 minutes late. :rolleyes:

So, he was okay with less profit, so he wouldn't get yelled at.
    funny thing, if we shut down the next day, and anyone bothered to tell his boss, he would get "yelled at" even worse cause he didn't change the hose.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Anyone have a recommendation on how I can get a pair of Brake tubes for our Dodge 2500 to replace the rusted out ones we have? Seems they were discontinued in 2016.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Anyone have a recommendation on how I can get a pair of Brake tubes for our Dodge 2500 to replace the rusted out ones we have? Seems they were discontinued in 2016.
    Did you check with any parts stores? Dorman may make replacement lines

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My first INGO shoot with CM, about 8 years ago. I have since shot with him and/or broken bread with him a dozen or so times. Done a few gun deals along the way also. Not so much in recent years because of my family obligations. I knew I had this picture somewhere, so I dug it up on my computer this morning. Looked down and realized I'm wearing the same shirt today that I had on in this picture.

1661888927538.png

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    My first INGO shoot with CM, about 8 years ago. I have since shot with him and/or broken bread with him a dozen or so times. Done a few gun deals along the way also. Not so much in recent years because of my family obligations. I knew I had this picture somewhere, so I dug it up on my computer this morning. Looked down and realized I'm wearing the same shirt today that I had on in this picture.

View attachment 220926

I first met Tim a couple years ago when we did a couple gun deals. I talked him into coming up north to do a little work for me at my house. I believe mine was the next to last job he did in that regard. He got really sick while he was at my house, but soldiered through it to get it done. He was diagnosed shortly thereafter.

I was fortunate enough to acquire this Standard Mfg 1911 from him in trade for a Marlin 1894 Cowboy rifle. It's one of my most treasured pieces. If all of his loving friends are any indication, he will be well-received at them Pearly Gates.

Standard 2 b.jpg

Standard 1 Cropped.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom