Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Ended the day with the neighbor's pool party (2A guy). Got to meet more good guys and connect faces and addresses both ways. The old, I know him and he's a good guy was fun. Kids had a blast and the fire and booze comradery was top notch. I may have more shooting, hunting, and fishing on the horizon.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    My usual garage wasn’t available, so on 14 July I took my Lexus into the local Lexus dealer (Lexus of Merrillville). On 30 July I had a catastrophic loss of engine oil pressure. Towed to a garage, the mechanic diagnosed and took pictures of the culprit. The Lexus technician had failed to removed the old oil gasket before installing the new one, so there were TWO gaskets where there should have been one. This happens occasionally, and usually the moment the car’s engine is turned on, the oil seal bursts and the oil dumps on the ground, so the garage knows to do it over. Occasionally, however, it doesn’t happen right away, and the oil seal bursts while you’re on the road. One would think that the oil change at the car dealer would be better, right? I certainly did. The thing is, at both Jiffy Lube and an upscale car dealer, oil changes are done by the newest, most junior person (usually). It’s one of the least complicated jobs, so the “new guys” do it everywhere - including in the military.
    You would think the car dealer would stand behind their work, right? That was my second thought, once I found out what the problem was. Actually no. I was told that the Lexus dealer did not feel 100% responsible, because I “did not take my car there every single time”, that I hadn’t had my” car towed there immediately” (the tow company took it to the closest affiliated garage) and that the repair was going to be 5–6k and they “didn’t want to pay it”.
    27 Aug - An attorney is sending them a letter.
    Sadly the dealerships first tactic is deny deny deny. Hopefully the place you took it too to diagnose your problem documented it clearly for you. Dealers rely on the fact that their lawyers can outgun you and you won’t
    Pursue legal action which in reality won’t cost you out of pocket. Double gasketing oil filters is not an uncommon mistake and it’s cost my shop more than one engine due to the “new guys” inexperience. **** happens and any reputable shop will make their mistake right.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I always post my planned crimes on Facebook

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I always post my planned crimes on Facebook

It is the courteous thing to do

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Well I just put the amended offer on the house in. I really don't think the seller will take it, and we are prepared to walk away if he doesn't.

Lets see how bad he wants this house sold now that he has been aware of what is wrong with it and has to disclose it if the home is relisted.

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    Sadly the dealerships first tactic is deny deny deny. Hopefully the place you took it too to diagnose your problem documented it clearly for you. Dealers rely on the fact that their lawyers can outgun you and you won’t
    Pursue legal action which in reality won’t cost you out of pocket. Double gasketing oil filters is not an uncommon mistake and it’s cost my shop more than one engine due to the “new guys” inexperience. **** happens and any reputable shop will make their mistake right.
    "Sadly the dealerships first tactic is deny deny deny." - I am finding this out. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom