Not open for further replies.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    The fair is over down in fffaaarrr south redneck land. The kids did pretty well with their projects and my 11 year old took the overall rabbit showmanship award, beating her two older sisters in the process. She competed in Supreme showmanship today, having to show pigs, cattle, poultry, goats, sheep, horses, and rabbits. She didn't win but she had a great time, though hoosiermommy was a bit nervous when her 70 lb daughter is showing an 800+ lb steer.
    FB_IMG_1658028005074.jpg

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    On Thursday, 7/14, I was on eastbound 20 getting ready to turn LEFT into Michigan City Rifle Club. I always signal well in advance of my turn to give those behind me time to change lanes and go around me since 20 is a 55 MPH speed limit here. My general rule is turn signal always goes on before I begin braking, and at this turn I allow some extra.

I was slowed to about 5 MPH and almost at the turn. I was going to have to wait for west bound traffic before I could turn. A car passed me on my left at high speed and nearly hit the front left of my vehicle cutting back over and causing the oncoming traffic to have to brake hard to avoid a head on.

This was one of the most reckless things I have witnessed on the road.

Be safe out there and always be on the watch for those who think that the rules don't apply to them.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    On Thursday, 7/14, I was on eastbound 20 getting ready to turn LEFT into Michigan City Rifle Club. I always signal well in advance of my turn to give those behind me time to change lanes and go around me since 20 is a 55 MPH speed limit here. My general rule is turn signal always goes on before I begin braking, and at this turn I allow some extra.

I was slowed to about 5 MPH and almost at the turn. I was going to have to wait for west bound traffic before I could turn. A car passed me on my left at high speed and nearly hit the front left of my vehicle cutting back over and causing the oncoming traffic to have to brake hard to avoid a head on.

Be safe out there and always be on the watch for those who think that the rules don't apply to them.
    Nice. I see people pass on 2 lane county roads where you can't see more than 1/4 mile. Some people are just really stupid.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Glad everyone is OK (even the ******* who passed you).

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt

Especially when I'm turning into my house, I will signal left 3 blocks before for a few seconds, then if course have it well on before I start stopping...

But if there is no oncoming I will signal left and ride in oncoming as to not have everybody behind me have to slow down..

I can't stand people who will stay in their lane and make everyone else stop/slow when they could simply travel in incoming for a small distance

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    But if there is no oncoming I will signal left and ride in oncoming as to not have everybody behind me have to slow down..
    That is a "country" thing to do. I see it on 2 lane county roads all the time, not so much in cities/towns.

Turn signal BEFORE braking alerts the following driver that you are getting ready to slow.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Pretty thick in the garage this morning but the new Bilsteins are in.
    The old Ranchos weren’t completely shot, but at 75K they definitely needed replaced.
    1658085054488.jpeg
    The purty new ones…
    1658085106257.jpeg
    1658085136265.jpeg
    The new spring compressor worked perfectly.
    1658085212791.jpeg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

So, did you PM ctc and ream him?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom