Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    What kind of repairs are you doing?

Mostly scope and red dot swapping. For instance, I recently put a Leopold red dot on the Marlin 44 lever action. I liked it so much that I'm doing the same with the 357. I know some think it's blasphemy to put a dot or scope on the lever action, but with my old eyes it's the only way.

Cleaning up a couple 1911's also.

Looking forward to some decent weather so I can get some zeroing done.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    On Thursday the pre-op nurse was going through her list of questions. She got to "is your home safe?". I did a quick mental inventory of firearms and ammo and told her "yes, an intruder doesn't stand a chance." She didn't find that amusing.
    She probably should switch to more bran in her diet.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Well one of the union electricians severed the line going out to one of the main IDF networking cabinets out on the floor. There is now no wireless network for our payout scanners to get on... Of course when I get to the area, no one was up on the man lift today. And today's sign out page for the man lift has mysteriously gone missing. Guess a ghost signed out the man lift and was given the key, and then drove it out, went up in the bucket, and severed the line... And conveniently the tool crib quartermaster who gives out the key isn't saying who he handed the keys to...

What makes it worse is that I'm getting constant calls from upper management about the issue, they keep trying to turn this into an IT issue. All I can tell them is that I'm not allowed to run new lines, that has to be an electrician, so they need to get ahold of them. But here is the kicker, now the quartermaster is pushing back saying the keys and todays sign out page is gone, so per his job description he can't hand out anymore keys till there is a new page and he does not print those out, that comes from safety. And no one from safety is answering the phones...

This is why trucks now start around 50k...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well one of the union electricians severed the line going out to one of the main IDF networking cabinets out on the floor. There is now no wireless network for our payout scanners to get on... Of course when I get to the area, no one was up on the man lift today. And today's sign out page for the man lift has mysteriously gone missing. Guess a ghost signed out the man lift and was given the key, and then drove it out, went up in the bucket, and severed the line... And conveniently the tool crib quartermaster who gives out the key isn't saying who he handed the keys to...

What makes it worse is that I'm getting constant calls from upper management about the issue, they keep trying to turn this into an IT issue. All I can tell them is that I'm not allowed to run new lines, that has to be an electrician, so they need to get ahold of them. But here is the kicker, now the quartermaster is pushing back saying the keys and todays sign out page is gone, so per his job description he can't hand out anymore keys till there is a new page and he does not print those out, that comes from safety. And no one from safety is answering the phones...

This is why trucks now start around 50k...
    Passing the buck, is as old as humans

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Good morning everyone,

Does anyone have anything exciting going on this weekend?
    Nah, just a quiet weekend for me. Got home last night after a couple of days in Ohio moving my Dad to the assisted living section of his retirement community. It was a downsizing move so we had to sort through and dispose of all the extra stuff he won't be needing.

I did manage to make it over to the Crown Point gun show this morning just to look around.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    On Thursday the pre-op nurse was going through her list of questions. She got to "is your home safe?". I did a quick mental inventory of firearms and ammo and told her "yes, an intruder doesn't stand a chance." She didn't find that amusing.
    How's the recovery going?

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Mostly scope and red dot swapping. For instance, I recently put a Leopold red dot on the Marlin 44 lever action. I liked it so much that I'm doing the same with the 357. I know some think it's blasphemy to put a dot or scope on the lever action, but with my old eyes it's the only way.

Cleaning up a couple 1911's also.

Looking forward to some decent weather so I can get some zeroing done.

I've seen scopes on lever guns before, but never a red dot. Do you have any Henry's?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We've got family coming from Ohio next week. I'm trying to think of some restaurants that are unique to NW IN and not part of a chain. Lake/Porter county. Halp?

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    We've got family coming from Ohio next week. I'm trying to think of some restaurants that are unique to NW IN and not part of a chain. Lake/Porter county. Halp?

Valpo
    Kelsey's
    Parea

Merrillville
    Gino's

Dyer
    Doc's Smokehouse
    Gino's
    Little Italy

Schererville
    Teibel's

Munster
    Kitaro
    Cafe Borgia
    Giovanni's

Highland
    Theo's

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Teibels has been a distinct establishment for a long time in Schererville. They are well known for their Lake Perch.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    They have two teenage boys, and one is autistic. As much as I don't love the place, Industrial Revolution might be a possibility. (Edited because hate is a strong word. Food is mediocre and overpriced, but the aesthetics are cool.)

Last edited:

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    They have two teenage boys, and one is autistic. As much as I don't love the place, Industrial Revolution might be a possibility. (Edited because hate is a strong word. Food is mediocre and overpriced, but the aesthetics are cool.)
    Having worked in Valpo since the beginning of time, I had occasion to eat there a number of times. I have never had anything bad and there is something on the menu for just about everyone.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I've seen scopes on lever guns before, but never a red dot. Do you have any Henry's?

I'll try to post a pic of the Marlin with the red dot. I do have some Henry's. A couple rimfires, and a 327 Magnum carbine. Out of all my lever guns, the Henry's are the smoothest action.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom