Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Preemption does not pertain if the area is rented by a private vendor. Private vendors may declare the area they are renting as as a gun free zone.

That is why the county fair is a gun free zone. It is not run by the county but by private vendors.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Don't kids play at parks anymore?
    Surprisingly the parks are often filled with organized groups of little kids.

But we did end up in a park. The Bourbonnais Perry Farm Park. They have a children's museum there and and really nice outdoor playground. So we spent a couple hours with him running around with a bunch of kids inside the children's museum, then a picnic lunch, followed by playground where the kids pretty much did not interact.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Surprisingly the parks are often filled with organized groups of little kids.

But we did end up in a park. The Bourbonnais Perry Farm Park. They have a children's museum there and and really nice outdoor playground. So we spent a couple hours with him running around with a bunch of kids inside the children's museum, then a picnic lunch, followed by playground where the kids pretty much did not interact.
    Just what you did not want.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just what you did not want.
    Not too bad actually.

We are members at that park, so it was 'free' to get into the Children's Museum there. And he did interact with some of the kids inside there; quite a few of the kids inside were of similar age to him.

But at the children's playground outside the kids all stayed in their respective groups and there was no interaction between the kids/groups. We hoped for more interaction at the playground but he is about 27 months old and the other kids were probably 4 to 5 years old so I think they were too old for him.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not too bad actually.

We are members at that park, so it was 'free' to get into the Children's Museum there. And he did interact with some of the kids inside there; quite a few of the kids inside were of similar age to him.

But at the children's playground outside the kids all stayed in their respective groups and there was no interaction between the kids/groups. We hoped for more interaction at the playground but he is about 27 months old and the other kids were probably 4 to 5 years old so I think they were too old for him.
    when the time comes he must be trained in da ways of da thugs.

you will need 2 bring him north of u30 so he can begin his training.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    when the time comes he must be trained in da ways of da thugs.

you will need 2 bring him north of u30 so he can begin his training.
    His grandma is a "Hobartian" which is close to being a thug.

She can teach him all the ways and wisdom of the golf cart society, slow speed drive by shootings, holding guns sideways while fist pumping during the trigger pulls and other fun stuff.

I'll stick with teaching him how to train raccoons to raid the heathen northlands, high speed/low drag gun handling, and burn piles in the back 40 using diesel as the starting fluid.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    His grandma is a "Hobartian" which is close to being a thug.

She can teach him all the ways and wisdom of the golf cart society, slow speed drive by shootings, holding guns sideways while fist pumping during the trigger pulls and other fun stuff.

I'll stick with teaching him how to train raccoons to raid the heathen northlands, high speed/low drag gun handling, and burn piles in the back 40 using diesel as the starting fluid.
    And riding motorcycles.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Has anyone tried Super Submarine on Kennedy in Hammond? Met the owner and want to go there for lunch tomorrow.
    If it’s the place I’m thinking about. The business has been around for at LEAST 50+ years. The food is delicious! The ambiance…eh not so much. Lol. Bring cash because the last time I was there they didn’t take anything but cash.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If it’s the place I’m thinking about. The business has been around for at LEAST 50+ years. The food is delicious! The ambiance…eh not so much. Lol. Bring cash because the last time I was there they didn’t take anything but cash.
    If were thinking of the same place, yeah it's been around a long while.
    Now I want a super sub dangit!! Haven’t been there in years
    I think it's been 25 years or so for me.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    In other news we have a 2 year old foster son.

Looking for something to do with him tomorrow where he can interact with other young kids.

We thought that doing a drive-by somewhere north of US30 might be fun for him, but really that is not a great interaction with other kids because the shooters tend to miss and are usually farther away to actually have a heartfelt interaction. Again our goal is for him to interact/play/talk with other kids.

Taking him ot Southlake Mall was also nixed. First, he's not in a gang so right off the bat he won't be accepted by the local mall rats. Secondly he doesn't really have the hand size or strength to rack a slide, hold a gun sideways and pump his arm while shooting at crowds (but missing everyone).

Anyone have any legitimate thoughts on where to take a 2 year old for a few hours to have fun where (preferred pronouns: he/him) a young cis-gendered boy can have fun with other kids?
    My mom just took my 2 year old niece and 4 year old nephew to I Dig Dinos in Griffith on the corner of Broad and Main. They all had an excellent time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My mom just took my 2 year old niece and 4 year old nephew to I Dig Dinos in Griffith on the corner of Broad and Main. They all had an excellent time.
    Amd it's north of us30.
    It's a la cart for the activities from what baby sis told me.

Dig fossils
    Ride the dinos
    Paint dinos
    Etc..

He might be a tad too small still to fully understand/appreciate it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom