NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    PM sent to prior volunteers.
    @d.kaufman did not ask you since you already said yes.

@actaeon277 can you ask your dad and other brother (not peter) if they would be interested.

Event is most likely in June like before.

New guys PM (private message) or just post if you are interested. We need a minimum of 14 instructors/range officers/ skeet operators to pull this off.

The goal is to email directly by end of week to start getting them to think or ask indy (hq) about it
    I would be glad to help if needed.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Waited 25 minutes in the Walgreens pharmacy line yesterday, and just as I was pulling out my credit card to pay for my meds, a lady came running back saying "Does anyone here drive a blue Nissan truck?". She said "Someone just hit your truck." I flew out of the store and my mom, who was waiting in the truck at the time, had detained the woman who backed into me. (Clearly if it had been much of a challenge, she would have lost.) I checked the tailgate area where she had backed into me, and I saw absolutely no sign of damage. It must have been her bumper hitting my bumper. I took her name and phone number and took a picture of her license plate. I have to go to Nissan anyway tomorrow morning; I'll have them check it out.

That was just one part of a whole circus of BS that happened yesterday, culminating with the washer lid coming down and cracking me in the head when I was reaching for those last few things to put in the dryer. Swelled up and bled just a little, but nothing serious. Here's to a better day today.

GRAVES219

Black Rifles Matter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Hobart
    Waited 25 minutes in the Walgreens pharmacy line yesterday, and just as I was pulling out my credit card to pay for my meds, a lady came running back saying "Does anyone here drive a blue Nissan truck?". She said "Someone just hit your truck." I flew out of the store and my mom, who was waiting in the truck at the time, had detained the woman who backed into me. (Clearly if it had been much of a challenge, she would have lost.) I checked the tailgate area where she had backed into me, and I saw absolutely no sign of damage. It must have been her bumper hitting my bumper. I took her name and phone number and took a picture of her license plate. I have to go to Nissan anyway tomorrow morning; I'll have them check it out.

That was just one part of a whole circus of BS that happened yesterday, culminating with the washer lid coming down and cracking me in the head when I was reaching for those last few things to put in the dryer. Swelled up and bled just a little, but nothing serious. Here's to a better day today.
    Not to be that guy, BUT at least the damage wasn't worse, and at least the head injury wasn't worse!

I would've exploded upon either of those happening, but I'm in reform, and trying to be more positive. *cheers* 2022

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

tenor.gif

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Not to be that guy, BUT at least the damage wasn't worse, and at least the head injury wasn't worse!

I would've exploded upon either of those happening, but I'm in reform, and trying to be more positive. *cheers* 2022
    No, you're fine. I was lucky on all counts. It was just one of those days when a bunch of little crap ganged up on me.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart

@actaeon277 can you ask your dad and other brother (not peter) if they would be interested.

New guys PM (private message) or just post if you are interested. We need a minimum of 14 instructors/range officers/ skeet operators to pull this off.

The goal is to email directly by end of week to start getting them to think or ask indy (hq) about it
    Wait.....

You guys are going to shoot guns?

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County

Well, here's hoping that today is a much better day for you. I have had several experiences with very minor collisions where I couldn't see anything damaged and agreed to call it good. You always wonder if you did the right thing as they drive away. The last one was an elderly lady bumping the back of my wife's car on 30 in front of Pete's RV's in Schererville. One of the screws of her front plate left a faint round indentation in the plastic fascia on the rear bumper. I let it go and didn't bother telling my wife about it. Six months later, she actually noticed it and asked me what it was. At that moment, I was acutely reminded of why I don't tell her things like that.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

I'll consider participating. Keep me in the list.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why don't you start a thread for this stuff?
    @KLB
    Cause this was a semi-feeler.
    We got enough volunteers and volenTOLD to get started.

jedi emailed DNR this evening to see if they want to do it in 2022. If they say yes then we open up that tread.

@2A_Tom and @Ballstater98
    Ya are on the volenTOLD list. :)
    We have 16 so far not including the new guys so we should be OK.

@???
    Adam (actaeon's brother) is called Larry's brother. :)

Actaeon's dad is called Dad.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom