NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It looks like I'll be coaching at the Junior Olympics in Salt Lake City in late February. A total of 7 of our kids qualified. 4 of which are actually my students. The other 3 are students I don't personally coach but are kids I work with, one I helped with college selection, another I hooked up with an Olympian to coach because she is way too good for me to help. Normally we have 1 student, or less qualify. So normally we have no coach at the event. But 7. Unprecedented.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Off soon to file my homestead exemption since the refinancing. While there I'm taking my appraisal to further back my assessment appeal. For my 2nd year living here, an increase of 39.379% is insane not even setting foot on the property. The assessment was $37k higher than the appraisal (1 year later).

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Off soon to file my homestead exemption since the refinancing. While there I'm taking my appraisal to further back my assessment appeal. For my 2nd year living here, an increase of 39.379% is insane not even setting foot on the property. The assessment was $37k higher than the appraisal (1 year later).
    Its UNAMERICAN to not pay the king. ;)

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    I fought them on my last houses assessment. I told him my number (over the phone), he said no way. He then said we'll have to dispute it in front of the board or something, sounded like court. I said fine, cya there. About 3 months later he called and asked is there a number we could settle on and not go to court today? Lol, I was at work, had totally forgot about it. No way of going, but repeated my number and he said fine. Stick to them guns!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I fought them on my last houses assessment. I told him my number (over the phone), he said no way. He then said we'll have to dispute it in front of the board or something, sounded like court. I said fine, cya there. About 3 months later he called and asked is there a number we could settle on and not go to court today? Lol, I was at work, had totally forgot about it. No way of going, but repeated my number and he said fine. Stick to them guns!
    Reported. :p

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Year 1 they tried 15+%. This is getting old.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Well, you just had to build in Yuppyville!

We don't have those problems in Cedartucky!

I keed! I keed!

We just spent $100 million on schools, on top of the 70 million a few years ago. Can't wait to see my new tax bill.

My area was one of 6 targeted areas where they raised the assessments. They must be hoping folks just accept it or forget to appeal it. They need to target another area.

I'll tell the 2 neighbors across the road, with chickens, they are Yuppies.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    My area was one of 6 targeted areas where they raised the assessments. They must be hoping folks just accept it or forget to appeal it. They need to target another area.

You may want to try to get some eggs before the name calling?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Ha! Yea, I have a neighbor 2 doors down with chickens. They're always getting out of his little fence onto the neighbor-in-between's yard, driving them crazy. If it was my yard, they'd end up as Sunday dinner!

p.s.: and I thought all the rednecks were south of 30!

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Ha! Yea, I have a neighbor 2 doors down with chickens. They're always getting out of his little fence onto the neighbor-in-between's yard, driving them crazy. If it was my yard, they'd end up as Sunday dinner!

p.s.: and I thought all the rednecks were south of 30!

Yeah, I was going to put up 2"x4" welded wire fence inside my 6"x6" welded wire fence and the neighbor to the south of me stopped me cause she liked our chickens coming over. So I stopped. I then heard from the 2 or 3 doors south neighbor in a mailbox note. Lol. Went back to 2"x4" fence install, all stay home now... They are mostly freeloaders right now, we don't wake em up early to enhance egg production. Kinda winters off for them. From what I am hearing about eggs and meat prices/availability may have to start back up?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom