NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As of an hour ago Bass Pro had 13k cci large pistol magnum primers. Priced at $79.99 per brick. Limit 1
    Plenty of ammo too but not the greatest prices. Lots of 9mm, 40, 45, 357/38 223/556 in stock
    No powder other than muzzleloader. Good selection of bullets. Lots of berry's and hornady

View attachment 184317
    9 left now.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So now that I have them, (Large Magnum Pistol Primers) the question is can I use then for 45 ACP or do I need to trade them for LPP.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    The new ceiling fan is up and working. It was much easier the second time around. My wife helped by doing the mundane work of assembling the blades. After installing two different units, I noticed several differences with the replacement which make me think the original one from last week had been previously returned and repackaged for sale. The defective one had several missing small parts plus I now realize that the generously long wiring harness that they ship with had already been clipped to size. Anyway, it's done and my wife is happy now.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    So now that I have them, (Large Magnum Pistol Primers) the question is can I use then for 45 ACP or do I need to trade them for LPP.
    I would ask that question on the Ammunition/Reloading thread. It's been a regular topic lately for guys wanting to use small rifle and small pistol magnum primers in place of standard small pistol. More than likely, someone will report back that they have done exactly what you are asking about. There are also a lot of discussions about this, new and old, on other forums if you Google the topic.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    While I have never had the need to do it, I wouldn't hesitate to in a pinch. I'd drop my current powder charge down .2 or start at minimum load and work up form there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So you get 5 pto days without taking pto days?? All seriousness tho, hope you’re ok.

PTO :rofl:

Only way you get paid to be sick, is if it's proven to be covid, or it's so bad you're placed on sick leave.

And if you go on sick leave.. well they only pay that by the week.
    So, if you're back goes out on Tuesday, well, you don't get sick leave that week because you already worked a day.
    And, if a doc on friday says you're okay to go back to work, well you don't get paid that week, because you can still work a day.

Had that happen with my back. Missed two weeks.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Called off work tonight. I think the last one was about 2 years ago when I got the OG Flu. Sinus infection. I probably could have worked with it but I don't feel like it and people call off for less all the time. I had them do a rapid coof test to head off USS Medical because everything is Covid to them. They'll probably call Monday asking what's up and say the rapid isn't good enough.

Put you on a crane a couple days, and you've already adopted the lifestyle.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Dasha my Russian fencing student update:

Dasha is Russian by passport but her family lives in Kyiv, Ukraine and all of her extended family live in Ukraine. She lives with my family part time and at Notre Dame most of the year.

I don't know how she is doing it but apparently she is using fencing as her escape from reality. She won 13 of her 14 pool bouts today and goes into the direct elimination round guaranteed to finish in the Top 4 places in the ACC Championships.

I'd love to see her wearing a gold medal today. But she already succeeded in maintaining her focus, despite an exhausting and stressful week for her. I know she has not been sleeping and has been crying.

Her family fled Kyiv when the bombing started and went to Lviv. Lviv started getting bombed. They are now in a small mountain resort area. It is normally a 5 hour drive from Kyiv to Lviv, but it took over 30 hours to get to Lviv. It took another full day to travel 180 miles to a ski resort city that is isolated in the mountains.

Probably helps that her mom and family are all safe right now. They are (at least for now) staying in Ukraine. There is a mountain pass that they can cross to get into Romania. It is the closest border and as long as the weather cooperates they can make it.

I'm in daily contact with the family, her grandparents are elderly, grandfather had heart surgery last week. He doesn't want to go over the mountain pass.

Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 4.24.38 PM.png

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Dasha my Russian fencing student update:

Dasha is Russian by passport but her family lives in Kyiv, Ukraine and all of her extended family live in Ukraine. She lives with my family part time and at Notre Dame most of the year.

I don't know how she is doing it but apparently she is using fencing as her escape from reality. She won 13 of her 14 pool bouts today and goes into the direct elimination round guaranteed to finish in the Top 4 places in the ACC Championships.

I'd love to see her wearing a gold medal today. But she already succeeded in maintaining her focus, despite an exhausting and stressful week for her. I know she has not been sleeping and has been crying.

Her family fled Kyiv when the bombing started and went to Lviv. Lviv started getting bombed. They are now in a small mountain resort area. It is normally a 5 hour drive from Kyiv to Lviv, but it took over 30 hours to get to Lviv. It took another full day to travel 180 miles to a ski resort city that is isolated in the mountains.

Probably helps that her mom and family are all safe right now. They are (at least for now) staying in Ukraine. There is a mountain pass that they can cross to get into Romania. It is the closest border and as long as the weather cooperates they can make it.

I'm in daily contact with the family, her grandparents are elderly, grandfather had heart surgery last week. He doesn't want to go over the mountain pass.

View attachment 184402

I hope everything works out for her family

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    CT to my NWI doorstep in under 24 hours would have been fantastic with standard shipping. Gotta keep up the reserves with a 3rd shooter in the fold will soon be cranking through the .22lr.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    CT to my NWI doorstep in under 24 hours would have been fantastic with standard shipping. Gotta keep up the reserves with a 3rd shooter in the fold will soon be cranking through the .22lr.
    Daughter goes thru around 10k rounds of 22lr per year. Doesn't count me or the wife.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Daughter goes thru around 10k rounds of 22lr per year. Doesn't count me or the wife.
    Goal has always been to hit good sales and grab some every walk through a store. Recent times have made that challenging. Helps his grandpa is good for tossing out a brick to punish some pop cans in the back yard.

Side note: All his cattle are sold for the year. The last PITA one will get a .22 between the eyes tomorrow. Pinned me against the barn wall this year & was sore for a while and kicked a gate dad was holding, causing an injury, to separate the herd. They had to throw him in the bull pen at the locker. I'd almost be willing to drive down to pull thr trigger myself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom