NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    This was the 1st opportunity I had where there wasn't a mile long line. Plus, she's sitting in the garage for the next 2 days.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    This was the 1st opportunity I had where there wasn't a mile long line. Plus, she's sitting in the garage for the next 2 days.
    I think I've done mine twice in the last 30 days. Got it a little over 2 years ago and washing it is the only thing that I have found to be a pain in the butt with a dually. So a little jealous with auto wash and fitting in garage... No line for dummies standing out in the cold with the hand sprayer though. Lol

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Yep, glad the week's over. My graphic artist has been on vaca for 8 production days - her first in three years (her choice). I do pretty good with it, but no way I can keep up. So next week is catch-up week, and things should smooth out a bit. I hope.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yep, glad the week's over. My graphic artist has been on vaca for 8 production days - her first in three years (her choice). I do pretty good with it, but no way I can keep up. So next week is catch-up week, and things should smooth out a bit. I hope.

Parts supply issues have been killing me. Can't for the life of me make a plan to get work done. Gets shattered everytime I place an order.

Parts on backorder with no ETA. Supplier has 10s of thousands of parts on order with no idea when will see them. 7 vendors to find a single part. Times that by 5 or six per week. Time on the phone tracking down parts needed is slowing production significantly.

Good news is have more work than I know what to do with, so move on to the next....if it were only that simple

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    So I come home, spook this guy over the fence into my backyard, dog right there to spook him up the house... I think we will name him Jedi or Ewok?

Attachments

• IMG_20220211_200241786~2.jpg
      IMG_20220211_200241786~2.jpg
      226.1 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_20220211_201301287~2.jpg
      IMG_20220211_201301287~2.jpg
      119.1 KB · Views: 6

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    P.s. I think we are a cat down this week. Yotes I think?
    This the season where they're hungry for an alternate food source. It was rabbits for us last year. They wiped out all of them in the woods by the house. Wish they'd catch the coons and squirrels.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Good.

Cats should not be allowed to roam outside. They need to be eliminated as they have no natural place in our ecosystem and kill the native songbirds. Last thing I want to see in the woods or on my land is a freakin house cat, porch cat, stray cat or feral cat.

Keep those damn things inside! An outside cat is a nuisance, an inside cat is a pet/companion.

:ranton:

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Good.

Cats should not be allowed to roam outside. They need to be eliminated as they have no natural place in our ecosystem and kill the native songbirds. Last thing I want to see in the woods or on my land is a freakin house cat, porch cat, stray cat or feral cat.

Keep those damn things inside! An outside cat is a nuisance, an inside cat is a pet/companion.

Don't hold back, let us know how you really feel? My cats stay pretty much here, between heated exterior garage with cat door and to house area and acres of moles and mice.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Good.

Don't hear or see much for chipmunks or mice anymore with the feral cats that hang out around our home. They also chase the squirrels away from the maters and raspberries when In season. Seen them run a few of jedis minions off too! Never had them damage anything so I actually see them as an asset to my ecosystem. To each their own however

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    … Never had them damage anything so I actually see them as an asset to my ecosystem. To each their own however
    They destroy the native wildlife species. Are responsible for the decline in game and songbirds. You won’t see them destroy or damage anything like a structure, they don’t do that. But it does not mean they are not a harmful and invasive species. In some areas they are considered a serious nuisance animal and some states have considered hunting seasons on cats because of the damage they do (but people don’t “see”). Rather than opening a season, most states turn a blind eye to hunters who dispatch freaks and strays.

No responsible cat owner should allow them outside because of the damage they do. But yes, they reduce the rodent population. People consider that a benefit but then disregard, typically out of ignorance, the massive harm they do to other species.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    They destroy the native wildlife species. Are responsible for the decline in game and songbirds. You won’t see them destroy or damage anything like a structure, they don’t do that. But it does not mean they are not a harmful and invasive species. In some areas they are considered a serious nuisance animal and some states have considered hunting seasons on cats because of the damage they do (but people don’t “see”). Rather than opening a season, most states turn a blind eye to hunters who dispatch freaks and strays.

No responsible cat owner should allow them outside because of the damage they do. But yes, they reduce the rodent population. People consider that a benefit but then disregard, typically out of ignorance, the massive harm they do to other species.

I guess I have to agree with you about feral cats. I don't want feral cats on my property, though I think one eats with my PET cats and the racoons on the front porch. I don't know anyone who wants feral cats or a feral melensdad roaming around either, but if someone claims you, and you get your shots, I suppose you're alright. I'll put some coffee on the porch in the morning....

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yote or car. Those are the two biggest causes of cats disappearing around here.

I wish our cats would do a better job on the barn swallows. I keep hearing about how cats kill everything in sight. Out here anyway, they don't do a very good job. Even with barn cats we have rabbits, mice, moles, opossums, and who knows what else on our property. Mine must be inferior specimens.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I guess I have to agree with you about feral cats. I don't want feral cats on my property, though I think one eats with my PET cats and the racoons on the front porch. I don't know anyone who wants feral cats or a feral melensdad roaming around either, but if someone claims you, and you get your shots, I suppose you're alright. I'll put some coffee on the porch in the morning....
    Unless your porch cats are fixed and on a large piece of property 50+ acres, they are not actually your pets. Cats roam a lot farther away than most people realize. A cat will easily travel a half mile or more away from its porch.

Most states consider an uncollared cat to be the property of the owner of the land upon which it is found. We had a "neighbor a 1/2 mile down the road with porch cats, some eventually went feral. That was 20 years ago. The cats were all over our woods and all the surrounding properties, killed our woodcocks, pheasants, songbirds, rabbits, etc. They were aggressive toward the kids in the area. It took YEARS to get rid of those damn cats.

They couldn't complain when one of their cats was found on another neighbor's property and dispatched; they didn't actually own the cats under law, but their roaming cats did a hell of a lot of damage.

And for whatever it is worth, I actually like cats. But anyone who has outdoor cats seriously needs to rethink their position because outdoor cats are dangerous to our lands.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom