NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My poor mail gal said she had to practically get out at every mailbox because it wasn't plowed close enough...that is except mine and the neighbor's, but I met her at the end if the drive since I was snowblowing. She was probably relieved since there was a big box for the wife aboard.
    When snow is blocking a mailbox on our block, they have no problem with driving on by.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    US 20 going to Columbia ave just recently to work was crap but was able to cruise at 40 to 45. Watched 2 cars just randomly go off the road in front of me. They were only doing 25 to 30. Most people were doing 30. Thank god for AWD and knowing how to drive. Now to wait 8hrs to see if I get forced over for OT.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    So they had to answer the phone every 25 minutes? But they have time to post on Facebook? Wow, sucks to be them.

I wonder how many of those were to find out if the roads were officially "closed".

Folks should be more self sufficient and not be looking for someone to hold their hand but this response is over the top.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    So they had to answer the phone every 25 minutes? But they have time to post on Facebook? Wow, sucks to be them.

I wonder how many of those were to find out if the roads were officially "closed".

Folks should be more self sufficient and not be looking for someone to hold their hand but this response is over the top.
    Odds are 95% of the callers have a smart phone.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My poor mail gal said she had to practically get out at every mailbox because it wasn't plowed close enough...that is except mine and the neighbor's, but I met her at the end if the drive since I was snowblowing. She was probably relieved since there was a big box for the wife aboard.

I usually get in front of the mailbox. But I went inside to take a break. And I fell asleep. I guess that's tomorrow's job, to fix the blower

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    On another note, my neighbor is plowing for a 3rd time. The boredom over there must be off the charts.

View attachment 179407

While I understand the rationale behind it, I still say F their red.
    They "shut down" the county a while back.
    I left my phone on record so I could count the cars and open businesses.
    Plenty of cars and plenty of businesses.
    What a bunch of crap.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The person making Facebook posts for Schererville PD probably doesn't answer emergency calls. They probably have a public relations person whose whole job is talking to the news, writing media statements, and handling any social media accounts. Also they clearly weren't being TOO serious, considering the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man picture.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    All these people complaining about how Illinois' roads are so much cleaner during the winter should move there and eat their high taxes.

Had a lady come into our shop yesterday complaining that the Illinois roads were twice as bad as Indiana. Go figure.

I felt like saying, well yeah, you're out in a freakin blizzard, picking up your yahtzee scratch pads, dumb b****!

I need more :coffee: , I think.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Had a lady come into our shop yesterday complaining that the Illinois roads were twice as bad as Indiana. Go figure.

I felt like saying, well yeah, you're out in a freaking blizzard, picking up your yahtzee scratch pads, dumb b****!

I need more :coffee: , I think.

I print my own Yahtzee papers. I also have a basic winner/loser tally sheet that I use for Gin, Sorry, and Scrabble. Hey maybe I should print some more. Our POS printer is very temperamental and won't print half the time, but I'm trying to use up two black cartridges before I junk it.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I print my own Yahtzee papers. I also have a basic winner/loser tally sheet that I use for Gin, Sorry, and Scrabble. Hey maybe I should print some more. Our POS printer is very temperamental and won't print half the time, but I'm trying to use up two black cartridges before I junk it.

PM me your email Ms Snap, and I will contact you. I can print you a lifetime supply for pennies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom