NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Republic services will not be operating at least tomorrow, probably Thursday :nuts:
    So if they suspend service for the week, is everyone getting a credit?

From the Town of Cheese:
    "Republic Services garbage trucks grounded for snowstorm with no makeup day scheduled

Republic Services—the Town of Chesterton’s refuse and recycling contractor—is taking the winter storm barreling down on Northwest Indiana seriously.

Very seriously.

So are Republic Services’ transfer contractors, who haul the trash to the landfills. So, for that matter, are the landfills.

With 18’’ of snow in the forecast between late tonight, Tuesday, Feb. 1, and late Thursday, Feb. 3, Republic Services has opted to ground its fleet of garbage trucks—for all of its customers—on Wednesday and Thursday. The company pretty much has no choice, as far as that goes, as their transfer contractors have grounded their rigs as well. And the transfer contractors would have no place to dump the trash anyway, because the landfills will be closed too.

So Street Commissioner John Schnadenberg learned early this afternoon.

What that means to Chesterton residents is this: folks on the Wednesday and Thursday routes, Feb. 2-3, will not have their trash collected this week. Republic Services has not—repeat, has NOT—scheduled a makeup day.

God willing and the snow drifts don’t rise, Republic Services’ garbage trucks will return to service on Friday, Feb. 4—but they’ll ONLY be collecting the Friday route.

Chesterton residents on the Wednesday and Thursday routes—and Chesterton residents only—whose 95-gallon rollaways typically fill up fast may bring a few bags of trash—and a few only—to the Street Department for disposal in its dumpster. Please WAIT, however, until after the storm has run its course, Friday or Monday, Feb. 7, say, and then check in first at the Street Department Office, 1490 Broadway. Better yet, CALL first: 926-2222.

Schnadenberg is unable to remember anytime in the last 30 years of his tenure as Street Commissioner when Republic Services, or Able Disposal, grounded its fleet in advance of a snowstorm."

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    So if they suspend service for the week, is everyone getting a credit?

From the Town of Cheese:
    "Republic Services garbage trucks grounded for snowstorm with no makeup day scheduled

Republic Services—the Town of Chesterton’s refuse and recycling contractor—is taking the winter storm barreling down on Northwest Indiana seriously.

Very seriously.

So are Republic Services’ transfer contractors, who haul the trash to the landfills. So, for that matter, are the landfills.

With 18’’ of snow in the forecast between late tonight, Tuesday, Feb. 1, and late Thursday, Feb. 3, Republic Services has opted to ground its fleet of garbage trucks—for all of its customers—on Wednesday and Thursday. The company pretty much has no choice, as far as that goes, as their transfer contractors have grounded their rigs as well. And the transfer contractors would have no place to dump the trash anyway, because the landfills will be closed too.

So Street Commissioner John Schnadenberg learned early this afternoon.

What that means to Chesterton residents is this: folks on the Wednesday and Thursday routes, Feb. 2-3, will not have their trash collected this week. Republic Services has not—repeat, has NOT—scheduled a makeup day.

God willing and the snow drifts don’t rise, Republic Services’ garbage trucks will return to service on Friday, Feb. 4—but they’ll ONLY be collecting the Friday route.

Chesterton residents on the Wednesday and Thursday routes—and Chesterton residents only—whose 95-gallon rollaways typically fill up fast may bring a few bags of trash—and a few only—to the Street Department for disposal in its dumpster. Please WAIT, however, until after the storm has run its course, Friday or Monday, Feb. 7, say, and then check in first at the Street Department Office, 1490 Broadway. Better yet, CALL first: 926-2222.

Schnadenberg is unable to remember anytime in the last 30 years of his tenure as Street Commissioner when Republic Services, or Able Disposal, grounded its fleet in advance of a snowstorm."
    I switched over to total disposal out of Gary. I have been happy with them and pay at beginning of year for discount. Although I don't know if they are being like republic on this matter as my pick up is Tuesday. (Cancelled Republic when I stopped doing the recycle can and they charged me $30 to pick up can without telling me.. Called them after I saw charge on bill and said I'm not paying that. They said sorry nobody told you but that's the charge to pick up the can. I then informed her that I still had the can cause nobody picked it up. Lol. Yup, didn't pay.)

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    So, someone knocked on my door today.
    Which I hate. I have a DOORBELL for a reason. So I can HEAR it.
    I am under no obligation to answer when someone knocks or rings at my door. It often goes unanswered.

Just got home from La Porte. 94 moving fine both ways from there to Grant St., just rainy so far.

I don't have to leave the house until Sunday at the earliest. Took care of shopping and other errands today.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So, someone knocked on my door today.
    Which I hate. I have a DOORBELL for a reason. So I can HEAR it.

Anyway, woman says her kids phone is missing and it shows that it's at my house.

So, my car is at Ford, so how was I supposed to get this phone?
    No. I don't have kids or grandkids.
    Have your kids been playing in my yard, and it's under the snow?

I had to show her, on her phone, the GPS says my address, but it also says she's 150 feet away.
    So, probably one of my neighbors kids have it (for some reason).
    So, I tell her which of my neighbors have kids.
    Then, another of her kids tells her someone just started playing a game on the phone.
    So, obviously me, I'm standing right there.
    Also, turns out the game needs a password. So probably someone that knows the kid and the kid let him know the password.

You should be proud of me.

I refrained from telling her I thought the kids were too young to be trusted with phones.
    That Karen was NOT afraid of you! What!!! U r losing your touch.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    where is jedi feets and feets of snow!!! Where!!!

made it to chiraqi without any issues. The IL roads where clean and well salted. Took jedi about 40mins no crashes, no slow drivers (well jedi this time).

now on the indiana size 80/94 was a snowshi...cake! No plows, no salt, could not see the highway. Typical but to be expected.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Merrillville doesn't look so bad. I just went on the porch, and it was still kinda dark, but the neighbors cars didn't look to bad. Couple inches maybe

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is what jedi texted to someone that use to work in chiraqi but now 100% teleworks for the same place jedi does.

The problem with YOU and the rest of the covid-19 stay indoors people is YOU have gone soft!

Everything scares you now, you forgot how to live outdoors, how to move about.

Those of us in <removed> and the mailroom we continued to live like usual while the rest of the world hid. We did not gain the weight most of you did sitting at home.

We continued to deal with the elements just like before covid-19 just like you use to.

This was in reference to the person complaining why a "snow day" was not issued. jedi reminded the person that a snow day would NOT count for them since they are on telework. It would only help those of us that still work at the site and we came I'm just fine.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Driveway shoveled. I did help a little bit. Had about four inches total so far. Called off the girls for work. Nothing in the shop that can't wait another day. I'll go in and hold down the fort. Hope all my customers stay home for the day also, but I know I'll get a few crazies.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    I'd say at least 4-5 on way to Michigan city. Everyone seemed ok driving except on hwy 6 east near 400 E where someone stopped/couldn't make it up the hill and everyone behind him had to stop on the hill. Rough stuff, I had thought about that hill and took 400 to 6 so I didn't need to go up it. No one in my rearview whole way to Westville.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    This is what jedi texted to someone that use to work in chiraqi but now 100% teleworks for the same place jedi does.

The problem with YOU and the rest of the covid-19 stay indoors people is YOU have gone soft!

Those of us in <removed> and the mailroom we continued to live like usual while the rest of the world hid. We did not gain the weight most of you did sitting at home.

We continued to deal with the elements just like before covid-19 just like you use to.

This was in reference to the person complaining why a "snow day" was not issued. jedi reminded the person that a snow day would NOT count for them since they are on telework. It would only help those of us that still work at the site and we came I'm just fine.

Nothing but coal for you next Christmas from the former office crowd!

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI

Just have them look on the bright side, just checked weather online and the pollen count is very low / none! Yippee

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom