NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Anyone else get this?Screenshot_20210201-174117.png

I got it twice, on two different email accounts. One that I used for the DNR and the other I used for the BMV. I ever signed up for any emails from the DOH.

It doesn't look like a scam, but I don't like that they hijacked my email addresses and set up "accounts". I'm sure somewhere in the TOS I agreed to on the DNR and BMV sites there's wording that allows them to do this.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    NWI INGO right of first refusal. Kinda like nonprima nocturne.

300 rounds Tula steel case .223 Rem $12 box $180 for lot. .60 round.

20210201_162637.jpg

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    That bit of sun was sufficient to melt the thin layer of packed snow left on the sidewalk and driveway after shoveling this morning, so that was nice.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    No good deed ever goes unpunished. Like today, thought I'd be a nice guy and bust off the neighbor's driveway after mine. One more swipe and WTF. The cable to the auger snaps. :rolleyes: Now I essentially have a plow.
    Ya, I can fix it, but I have the repair plan (which has paid off every 3 year pay cycle). Bad news is can't get a repair guy out here until the 17th. 8am-5pm window :rolleyes::rolleyes: Already took the day off because it needs done, and damn it, I paid for the service.
    So, jedi, you can delay you feets dance for a while.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Anyone else get this?View attachment 123649

I got it twice, on two different email accounts. One that I used for the DNR and the other I used for the BMV. I ever signed up for any emails from the DOH.

It doesn't look like a scam, but I don't like that they hijacked my email addresses and set up "accounts". I'm sure somewhere in the TOS I agreed to on the DNR and BMV sites there's wording that allows them to do this.
    Last I heard is they were going to open up vaccinations to those 65 and older now. Looking at the ISDH’s vaccine information page, it does appear they have started that now. So, that email’s gotta be legit.

My Pops got his first shot last Thursday (he’s 76). That was a huge weight off my chest.

I am anxiously awaiting for my turn to get vaccinated. I’m in Public Education and vaccinations are supposed to open for that field “soon.”

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Anyone else get this?View attachment 123649

Nope, I'm not old enough to play. :stickpoke:
    Mom got one and scheduled her appointment. She's getting the Pfizer, Dad is older and got the other.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Last I heard is they were going to open up vaccinations to those 65 and older now. Looking at the ISDH’s vaccine information page, it does appear they have started that now. So, that email’s gotta be legit.

My Pops got his first shot last Thursday (he’s 76). That was a huge weight off my chest.

I am anxiously awaiting for my turn to get vaccinated. I’m in Public Education and vaccinations are supposed to open for that field “soon.”
    Nope, I'm not old enough to play. :stickpoke:
    Mom got one and scheduled her appointment. She's getting the Pfizer, Dad is older and got the other.
    My point was that I have never given an email address to the Indiana Dept. of Health. They not only sent me the info, they set up an "account" with them. I got this on both email accounts that I have given to state agencies for other purposes, the BMV for the account to renew plates online and the DNR for my fishing license.

I wonder what other agencies share my personal information that I don't know about?

I use different email addresses for different purposes - that way when I get spam I know who is selling my info or who was hacked.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No good deed ever goes unpunished. Like today, thought I'd be a nice guy and bust off the neighbor's driveway after mine. One more swipe and WTF. The cable to the auger snaps. :rolleyes: Now I essentially have a plow.
    Ya, I can fix it, but I have the repair plan (which has paid off every 3 year pay cycle). Bad news is can't get a repair guy out here until the 17th. 8am-5pm window :rolleyes::rolleyes: Already took the day off because it needs done, and damn it, I paid for the service.
    So, jedi, you can delay you feets dance for a while.

A few years back, I helped a friend of my mom.
    Very last swipe of the driveway, I suckered up one of those free phone books they throw on driveways.
    Made it into the auger for the chute before jamming everything up

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Do they make 2WD Jeeps? On the way home yesterday a guy in a newish Grand Cherokee or whatever spun out and got stuck in the snow bank on the side of the road from the plows. I didn't have a tow strap but lucky for him he did and I pulled him out.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My point was that I have never given an email address to the Indiana Dept. of Health. They not only sent me the info, they set up an "account" with them. I got this on both email accounts that I have given to state agencies for other purposes, the BMV for the account to renew plates online and the DNR for my fishing license.

I wonder what other agencies share my personal information that I don't know about?

I use different email addresses for different purposes - that way when I get spam I know who is selling my info or who was hacked.
    Are they sharing your information if it stayed within the domain of in.gov?

Last edited:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    US. 6 from the east laporte county line to 35 heading south sucks
    And from 49 to 149, 149 north was snowing rather well this morning, road was slick

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Do they make 2WD Jeeps? On the way home yesterday a guy in a newish Grand Cherokee or whatever spun out and got stuck in the snow bank on the side of the road from the plows. I didn't have a tow strap but lucky for him he did and I pulled him out.
    Yes, unfortunately too many Jeeps are 2WD, even some Wranglers are. People are weird.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom