NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Just ran the snow blower. Kinda light stuff. But...
    1) I don't like to risk missing more work due to my back, and twisting all them times is a big risk.
    2) I needed to test that the locktite kept the collars and set screw on.

Test is GOOD.
    I shoulda done that the first time.
    Al long time ago, I had the money in the safe for a snowthrower, but didn't mind shoveling as it was good exercise. Then a heavy snow came and I tweaked my back. Some 4 letter words followed accompanied with a shovel getting chucked. Hopped in the truck, drove over the snow, and headed to the store.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Al long time ago, I had the money in the safe for a snowthrower, but didn't mind shoveling as it was good exercise. Then a heavy snow came and I tweaked my back. Some 4 letter words followed accompanied with a shovel getting chucked. Hopped in the truck, drove over the snow, and headed to the store.

I had a theory that I was going to get the snowblower in the late winter, when "they" were going to want to unload their inventory.
    So, I shoveled the entire driveway, I was amazed I was feeling so good.
    Got into my car to work afternoon shift.
    Got out of the car, felt as if my back was 2 spears mounted pointy end to pointy end, stabbing each other, and the surrounding tissue.
    The guard, which normally ignores everyone, was so concerned, he came out of the shanty to ask if I needed an ambulance, cause I was walking, shuffling bent over. Thought I might have had a heart attack.
    So I got into work. Worked half the shift, was able to sit in the chair.
    But about half way through, it was worse, and I asked myself if I could barely sit, how was I going to answer a call.
    So I told the boss to call in someone, and then I went to medical. Because it wasn't a work place injury, they just tried some hot/cold compresses for awhile, then sent me back so I could go home.
    I went to the wash house and changed. Walked all the way to the gate (which is far), before I noticed I forgot my wallet in the wash house, with my gate pass.
    I had to walk all the way back to get the pass. Walking/shuffling back to the gate, everyone working the shift passed me by.
    Ugh.
    I either missed one or two weeks.

So much for saving money.
    :xmad:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Got some stuff done today, finally.
    Wasted half the vacation week.
    And as much as I got done, and not working that hard, I keep thinking if I worked my butt off last couple days, I'd have so much done.
    And then I think, what the hell. There'll always be something to do, till I die.

And with that thought, time to attack my taxes.
    I'm sure that will put me in a good mood.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I finished my portable reloading bench today. It rests on my butcher block and works great.

Act asked me how I was going to make room for a bench when he was in my cramped home the other day.

I will post pics manãna.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Ugggh. I'm a Duty Officer (dispatcher) for the Red Cross. It's a volunteer position. I generally cover the entire Indiana Region (most of Indiana, NW Ohio, SE Illinois and a couple of KY counties near Evansville. Got a call about a fire in Evansville about 0410 this morning. So much for more sleep tonight! But I d=got a couple of volunteers to call the displaced folks and get them some help.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Screw migraine and sinus issues. Another sick day spent in a dark room sleeping until the day was done and then sleeping again.

An excedrin migraine pill, washed down with a mountain dew helps me out.. sometimes.
    Don't do like it did, and pop those excedrin like pez candies.
    They'll burn a hole in the stomach.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    An excedrin migraine pill, washed down with a mountain dew helps me out.. sometimes.
    Don't do like it did, and pop those excedrin like pez candies.
    They'll burn a hole in the stomach.
    Agreed Do you guys remember old Dr Carmody, the eye doctor? His office was on about 52nd and Broadway for the whole time I was a kid. I went to him until he was about 90 years old. He always recommended aspirin and caffeine for me, and that's what has always worked best on the pain (the nausea is a whole different thing).

Last edited:

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Someone here a week or two back was relaying their experience with 219 Armory. I forgot what they said and remember it being positive, so I want to give their budding business some support.

I just received a Beretta 92fs (firearm #2 and the model I've always wanted) and got a couple of upgrade parts from Beretta to put into it. Its inaugural use is tonight and I wanted to get a feel for how it comes stock before changing it up, but after tonight it'll lay dormant for a while. So, off to 219 Armory it'll go!

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Someone here a week or two back was relaying their experience with 219 Armory. I forgot what they said and remember it being positive, so I want to give their budding business some support.

I just received a Beretta 92fs (firearm #2 and the model I've always wanted) and got a couple of upgrade parts from Beretta to put into it. Its inaugural use is tonight and I wanted to get a feel for how it comes stock before changing it up, but after tonight it'll lay dormant for a while. So, off to 219 Armory it'll go!
    You won’t be disappointed, Aaron’s a great guy and an amazing gun smith

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

That was probably me. Had them swap sights on an xds that I couldn't get the old sights out of, even with a sight pusher.
    Quick turnaround time and he boresighthed the new ones. They were spot on

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom