NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    no no u cant go outside.

C-virus will get you.
    Looters/rioters are waiting around da corner.
    The ozone has a hole and you will get burned to death.
    Hum.. trump!!!!

:rofl:
    Morning PinkDragon!
    Dont use roundup!!! UNLESS you suit up all the way. That stuff works but is super, super bad for humans on skin or to breath in. Avoid it.

Morning Jedi. Yes, I know Roundup is bad stuff. That's why I'm using the home made stuff. I even bought some concentrated vinegar. Should do the trick.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The only thing I know is that I posted a you tube video a long time ago.

I used round up for years with no e Illinois afect>vas.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The only thing I know is that I posted a you tube video a long time ago.

I used round up for years with no e Illinois afect>vas.
    Been around Jedi too much? :):

I think occasional careful use is not going to do much to you. Using it all the time and not taking precautions might.

How anyone can think that any chemical designed to kill something, plant or animal, would not be bad to get on you is beyond me. I always try to not get it on me, and wash off any that does in a timely manner.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    But but u r a farmer! Ya use that stuff all the time and put it on your eggs 4 breakfast as well. :p

In other news when is jedi's snow suppose to arrive?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I used it for 5 years before there were any lawsuits. I took no precautions and one time that I recall walked around on clouds of it while trying to kill 3 ugly weeping willow trees that were falling apart but they would not let me cut down.

Two weeks later they ordered me to cut them down.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I used it for 5 years before there were any lawsuits. I took no precautions and one time that I recall walked around on clouds of it while trying to kill 3 ugly weeping willow trees that were falling apart but they would not let me cut down.

Two weeks later they ordered me to cut them down.

Gotta love bureaucracy, they know whats best for us, even if they have no idea what is best.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm more worried about the pups than me. I can mask up/cover up. They can't.

61%2BWYKX-0TL._AC_SL1050_.jpg

:)

Cant believe they have that but amazon does sell it. :facepalm:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    In other news when is jedi's snow suppose to arrive?

Hopefully never. With the way 2020 has been going though, we'll get nuked or Yellowstone will blow its top in August and snow will follow soon after as the dust blocks the sun. There's also an equal chance that Manbearpig will collect all the sacred butt plugs or whatever and bring about global warming. Exciting times ahead.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Morning Pete. It is a beautiful morning. I need to spray some weed killer since it's not going to make it out of the 70's today. Anyone had any luck with the vinegar/salt/Dawn DIY? Going to try it.
    tried it once with zero results, told my old neighbor about it (hubinger, owns the landscape company) he laughed at me

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    tried it once with zero results, told my old neighbor about it (hubinger, owns the landscape company) he laughed at me
    Actually it works pretty well if you use a strong enough solution, my guess is you mixed it too weak.

He probably wanted to extract $$$ from your wallet by selling you something he sells.

Vinegar is an acid. It acts as a nonselective herbicide and pretty much kills all common weeds, flowers, etc. Biggest downside is it has very little residual effect so it kills what it hits but a new weed will replace the old weed in a few days.

Salt is a soil sterilizer and kills plants. It has a long residual effect so if you spray salt water on your lawn you’ll end up with a dead lawn and it will be very difficult to grow anything in that area for quite a while.

Dawn (or other soaps) will basically cause the solution to stick to what it is sprayed onto. It does nothing more other than to act as an adhesive to hold the salt/vinegar onto the plants.

Plenty of evidence to show it works. If you want to make a solution to keep plants out of an area (like a gravel driveway) increase the salt solution ratio a bit. If you want to replant an area then decrease the salt ratio and increase the vinegar a little. There are lots of recipes on the inter webs.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Actually it works pretty well if you use a strong enough solution, my guess is you mixed it too weak.

He probably wanted to extract $$$ from your wallet by selling you something he sells.

Vinegar is an acid. It acts as a nonselective herbicide and pretty much kills all common weeds, flowers, etc. Biggest downside is it has very little residual effect so it kills what it hits but a new weed will replace the old weed in a few days.

Salt is a soil sterilizer and kills plants. It has a long residual effect so if you spray salt water on your lawn you’ll end up with a dead lawn and it will be very difficult to grow anything in that area for quite a while.

Dawn (or other soaps) will basically cause the solution to stick to what it is sprayed onto. It does nothing more other than to act as an adhesive to hold the salt/vinegar onto the plants.

Plenty of evidence to show it works. If you want to make a solution to keep plants out of an area (like a gravel driveway) increase the salt solution ratio a bit. If you want to replant an area then decrease the salt ratio and increase the vinegar a little. There are lots of recipes on the inter webs.

I got some of this. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DKCY2W3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I will probably dilute it to about half strength, but that's still at least 5 times stronger than grocery store vinegar.

All that being said, I think it's too windy to spray today. :(

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The recipe I saw had no vinegar only salt and dish washing liquid.

Put a couple pounds of salt in the bottom of the bucket and add really hot water. Stir it up and let it sit over night. All of the salt will not melt, because only so much will go into solution. Add the DW liquid in order to thicken it so it will stick to the plants. If you desire you can add color to be able to more readily see where you have sprayed.

As someone above said, it is the salt that kills the foliage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom