NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Thats what ballstater said earlier. Put an app in for cr england since a buddy I worked with works there and is a manager now.

I know CR will help you get your cdl through their school but if you test in their truck you'll have an automatic restriction on your license. Only way to remove it is to retest in a manual trans. truck. Not sure how important that would be to you, just something to think about.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I know CR will help you get your cdl through their school but if you test in their truck you'll have an automatic restriction on your license. Only way to remove it is to retest in a manual trans. truck. Not sure how important that would be to you, just something to think about.

Originally my plan was to get a class b through work. When I went to college for diesel tech most of the newer trucks are auto now so the trucking co can fill jobs as some can't double clutch.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I hate trucks with auto trans, they're so damn slow to get going

Went to interview with DOT Foods in IL a few years ago, all of their trucks are auto. I had to ask the the guy doing the interview how to make the truck go, hadn't ever been in an automatic before.
    On my test ride with an empty 53 footer we almost got run over trying to merge on to 57, had it to the boards and couldn't get near highway speed by the end of the ramp. I'd hate to see what would happen in a loaded truck.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Originally my plan was to get a class b through work. When I went to college for diesel tech most of the newer trucks are auto now so the trucking co can fill jobs as some can't double clutch.

That's why you gotta get the old school guys to teach you to float :cool: Bad knees run in the family and double clutching in 80/94 traffic will wear you out. I know lots of companies are going auto, I just wanted to have as many options as
    I could when I got my license.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Should have been teleworking yesterday but had a migraine so bad I actually had to use a sick day. Was actually nauseous. Glad it's over so I can go back to work. Have to save my days in case of another shutdown.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    That's why you gotta get the old school guys to teach you to float :cool: Bad knees run in the family and double clutching in 80/94 traffic will wear you out. I know lots of companies are going auto, I just wanted to have as many options as
    I could when I got my license.

I hear that would like to eventually get several endorsements.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom