Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I don't even know how old these guns are, my wife is guessing 40-50 years old each. And they don't know how to use them. They want some 12ga and I have some extra that they will get. But I'd be hesitant to see them with anything more powerful than a quail/rabbit load given their lack of training.

Other than that I have a ton of Gun Club target loads in 2 3/4"...and will have since GPIW is on lockdown

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Agreed.

Also, having survived the end of the world 10 or 12 times helps assuage panic.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    As you get older, it's generally curves.

giphy.gif

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'll toss this one in here: Training always trumps guns and ammo ... and I'm not just talking about shootin' training either.

100 rounds and a Pistol or Rifle class is worth more than a couple cases of ammo with no training. I pity everyone that feels they need more ammo but never think about signing up for a class.

When this blows over, take the opportunity to fix it. The peace that comes from being prepared is worth it.

YUP

100%

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'll toss this one in here: Training always trumps guns and ammo ... and I'm not just talking about shootin' training either.

100 rounds and a Pistol or Rifle class is worth more than a couple cases of ammo with no training. I pity everyone that feels they need more ammo but never think about signing up for a class.

When this blows over, take the opportunity to fix it. The peace that comes from being prepared is worth it.

well said!
    By the way, I love your CS Lewis quote!

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Last night was absolutely sobering. Oddly 1101 was SLAMMED as I drove by... But that was the only business that had more than 4 cars in the lot. Coming back from Cal city about 1am was just insane.... Stopped for gas at Speedway on 41 & 30 and just a single Schererville squad rolled by while filling...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Last night was absolutely sobering. Oddly 1101 was SLAMMED as I drove by... But that was the only business that had more than 4 cars in the lot. Coming back from Cal city about 1am was just insane.... Stopped for gas at Speedway on 41 & 30 and just a single Schererville squad rolled by while filling...
    Shades of 9/11 only a whole lot worse. For those who lived thru it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom