Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Good description.

Glad I could gross everyone out.
    :)

As for the rain, I'm glad I live on a slab.
    I've got 2 coworkers that had basements with a couple feet of water.
    We're on a concrete crawlspace that had a trickle of water running from one end over to the floor drain, but never any standing water. The mayor of Crown Point had 3 feet of water in his basement. I'm sure that the old neighborhood I used to live in got it bad. Between the clay soil and the fact that the whole subdivision was low, everybody flooded.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    We're on a concrete crawlspace that had a trickle of water running from one end over to the floor drain, but never any standing water. The mayor of Crown Point had 3 feet of water in his basement. I'm sure that the old neighborhood I used to live in got it bad. Between the clay soil and the fact that the whole subdivision was low, everybody flooded.
    You got rain today?? I got a sprinkle around 9 but that was the extent of it, worked in the yard all day. Saw storms all around us on the radar though but you’re really close to me

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @klb looks like the highway construction into chiraqi is being done at night. Same mess this morning coming in at 3am. Down to 2 lanes, no express.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You got rain today?? I got a sprinkle around 9 but that was the extent of it, worked in the yard all day. Saw storms all around us on the radar though but you’re really close to me

I was out on the motorcycle and the sky was dark to the south. As I rode south from St John about 2pm it was really ugly to the southwest. Got home before 2:30. Rain in west suburban Lowellabama started a little after 3pm. Never really got a hard rain, didn't last more than 90 minutes. Was very light for part of that time. We we got rain near the state line. No clue how far north it got.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well this week's prediction has gone from five days of thunderstorms to four to three to two to just today. Glad I kept watering stuff.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We had a 5 minute sprinkle on Tuesday and about the same yesterday, if that. Today is the first real rain I've seen in CP since the flooding.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm continuing a lawn project (all grass, no weeds) I started last fall, and with no irrigation, this has been great. Rain of some amount Tues, Weds. and today...I'm loving it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom