d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    :tumbleweed: Almost time to get takeout for the wife's mother day dinner. Some day we will get back to going out for dinner. :rockwoot:

We never go out for dinner. Wife would rather have me cook. That way she knows it'll be cooked right and will taste better. Saves me some coin as well, so I'm definitely good with that

Since we knew weather was gonna be crappy today I did Filet and crab legs yesterday. Today is Reubens. Corned beef has been in the crock pot since 9:30 this morning. Just about ready

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    We never go out for dinner. Wife would rather have me cook. That way she knows it'll be cooked right and will taste better. Saves me some coin as well, so I'm definitely good with that

Since we knew weather was gonna be crappy today I did Filet and crab legs yesterday. Today is Reubens. Corned beef has been in the crock pot since 9:30 this morning. Just about ready
    Sounds like you will have lunch for tomorrow at work.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Sounds like you will have lunch for tomorrow at work.

Nah. No way to toast the bread at work. Second dinner in a couple days. More than enough corned beef I could probably make it 2 more dinners. Have salami for sammies all week at work.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So for those of you who remember her, my Russian girl saber fencing students officially signed with Notre Dame. Assuming Covid allows it, she will be attending Notre Dame this fall, on a substantial scholarship. She asked us to take her to ND for move in day. We get to come for parents weekend events too.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So for those of you who remember her, my Russian girl saber fencing students officially signed with Notre Dame. Assuming Covid allows it, she will be attending Notre Dame this fall, on a substantial scholarship. She asked us to take her to ND for move in day. We get to come for parents weekend events too.

:yesway:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

That's great, we'll be pulling for her.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That's great, we'll be pulling for her.

THANKS

She no longer lives with us, we shipped her off to Boston so she could be at a more competitive club. My club is mostly recreational fencing with only a handful of competitors who attend national events. She is so good that I really couldn't coach her, but she trusted me to be her coach at several national competitions; I dunno why. Dasha only competes at national and international events. Well that is not true, while she lived here she competed in the local high school conference and was undefeated for the entire season winning the gold medal in every event. We were supposed to be traveling together to national events this year but Covid changed those plans. We did travel together early in the season, pre-Covid, made plans for her to spend Easter/Spring break back here with us (didn't happen because of Covid) so we remain close.

For anyone interested, this is Dasha :) We introduce her as our daughter. We act as if she is our real daughter, we joke with her that she is our adopted daughter. She is a good kid. Honors student, and an honest to goodness advanced mathematics genius. She wants me to teach her how to shoot :ar15:

And obviously a NOTRE DAME fan :rockwoot:

Whats-App-Image-2020-05-09-at-8-53-18-AM.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2020-05-09-at-8-53-19-AM-1.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2020-05-09-at-8-53-19-AM.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm single with an apartment, chores and projects are few and far between.

•Gun ranges are closed.
    •Let's be honest, reloading is kinda mind numbing, after just 100 rounds on a single stage, I'd rather go out and watch the grass grow.
    •I've been out on the bike a lot but like Jedi always(probably) says, my ass can only take so much.
    •Drinking alone is kinda pathetic.
    •Everything is friggin closed.

My dog is loving it at least.

Well, if one week is killing you, I suggest NOT joining any branch of the military.
    Cause there's a whole lot of hurry up and wait involved.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I am drunk enough to join the navy though

It took me like six trys to get that right auto correct kept putting Nazi lol

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

I now have a reason to listen when any ND news comes on. :rockwoot:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    THANKS

She no longer lives with us, we shipped her off to Boston so she could be at a more competitive club. My club is mostly recreational fencing with only a handful of competitors who attend national events. She is so good that I really couldn't coach her, but she trusted me to be her coach at several national competitions; I dunno why. Dasha only competes at national and international events. Well that is not true, while she lived here she competed in the local high school conference and was undefeated for the entire season winning the gold medal in every event. We were supposed to be traveling together to national events this year but Covid changed those plans. We did travel together early in the season, pre-Covid, made plans for her to spend Easter/Spring break back here with us (didn't happen because of Covid) so we remain close.

For anyone interested, this is Dasha :) We introduce her as our daughter. We act as if she is our real daughter, we joke with her that she is our adopted daughter. She is a good kid. Honors student, and an honest to goodness advanced mathematics genius. She wants me to teach her how to shoot :ar15:

And obviously a NOTRE DAME fan :rockwoot:

Whats-App-Image-2020-05-09-at-8-53-18-AM.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2020-05-09-at-8-53-19-AM-1.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2020-05-09-at-8-53-19-AM.jpg
    Congratulations to her, great news. Also pretty good school too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom