Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Anyone here have no family?

Going to be eating Christmas dinner alone?

I'm going to need to borrow some chairs so let me know how many you have.

That's really nice of you to extend an invitation to people! While I am lucky enough to be hosting part of my family for Christmas dinner there always are some who have the day off but cant travel to be with theirs, so you are certainly earning some karma!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That's really nice of you to extend an invitation to people! While I am lucky enough to be hosting part of my family for Christmas dinner there always are some who have the day off but cant travel to be with theirs, so you are certainly earning some karma!

:facepalm:
    Jedi is pretty sure melensdad is joking.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone here have no family?

Going to be eating Christmas dinner alone?

I'm going to need to borrow some chairs so let me know how many you have.

Jedi will allow you to borrow chairs BUT you must take all of jedi's family so jedi can eat dinner alone. Oh and some of the chairs may be pink. :p

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It's Saturday during the height of competitive fencing season so of course I will be locked in a field house all day.

This is a team event. Its normally a fun event too.

I have 3 boys teams and 1 girls team that will be competing today.

Top 3 teams in each of the events earns a medal. I'm hoping my top boys team + my girls team each earn medals today. That would be a good day. A good day indeed. Doubtful my 2 lessor boys teams can pull of an award but I am thinking we have shots with my girls and my boys 'A' team.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    While i'm at it, for those of you interested in my Russian saber fencer.

Despite the fact that she moved to the east coast to train, we still communicate most every day. Over the past week+ its been a constant stream as she has needed help with some of her high school finals and also she has been finishing up her college admissions.

Yesterday I was contacted by a top college coach (NCAA multi year champion) and was told that he didn't need my letter of recommendation. He had already gotten her cleared with the admissions and financial aid offices. She's just a formality now, her paperwork will clear and she will be in with a generous package.

2 days ago the coach at another top college with nearly as impressive a record indicated that she will be sending admissions a letter on Dasha's behalf for admissions (no mention to me of scholarship $).

I don't know most of the top NCAA coaches well enough to get messages like this, but these 2 schools are in Dasha's top 5 choices. I doubt any other school coach will preemptively contact me with information about her. This is all 'unofficial' as a coach cannot definitively say that a student is in, nor can a coach promise $, but typically if a coach is talking to another coach, and says it plainly and clearly, then its a done deal and the admissions and financial departments have already approved it.

Both of these schools are elite universities, she will get the best education possible if she chooses either of them. Both have elite level fencing programs, she will get the best possible fencing if she chooses either of them.

Again, no guarantee, all unofficial, but these are very good signs indeed :rockwoot:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Off to take the grand son to see Santa this morning at the Indiana Welcome Center on Kennedy and 94 and just happen to go in Cabela's as long as we are close.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Just 5 more days and we can stop playing xmass songs. :)

Who says we even started? Though we did play the Readers Digest 5 LP box set when decorating the tree and wrapping the boy's gifts. Got that from my mom when I was 16 after my Aunt gave me her old turntable and 8 track tape deck.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The likelihood of getting a migraine on any given day is directly proportional to the amount of **** you put off to do on that day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom