Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Gotta cut grass again. Got it cut once Saturday and now to lower it back to normal. Had some lawn company come to my door yesterday to ask if I needed yard maintenance done. Sign on the door said dont ring or knock baby sleeping. I pointed to the eagle globe and anchor rock statue next to the door and told him we do our own work here.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Hopefully I still have some luck left in the 4 pennies I found last night FRA just showed up today and will be inspecting my track.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    If you or the kids like to read...

Remarkable Book store closes May 22.
    Sale going on now.
    Depending on the book you buy, most are $3 or less.
    If I remember right, mass market paperbacks are $1. Hardcover $3. And $2 for (I think) the bigger paperbacks.
    Also, ONE free book to a customer....
    From sign on the front door
    Get your free book here
    No purchase necessary
    No coupon necessary
    No catch
    No strings attached
    No fine print
    No contract
    No commitment
    No foolin

7227 Taft St., Merrillville
    Sad that he's closing. Really sad I can't help get more books. Or have a place to trade them in anymore.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Gotta cut grass again. Got it cut once Saturday and now to lower it back to normal. Had some lawn company come to my door yesterday to ask if I needed yard maintenance done. Sign on the door said dont ring or knock baby sleeping. I pointed to the eagle globe and anchor rock statue next to the door and told him we do our own work here.

I bet they got off your lawn real quick ! :ingo:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I was taught never to walk on someone else's lawn.

When I was at my previous home, I had a chainlink fence in back with a gate that connected my yard with the neighbors behind me. Neighbor's kids would open the gate, cut through my yard on the way to/from school, and not close the gate. My dogs would get out occasionally because I couldn't tell that the gate was not latched. When I asked the parents not to allow their kids to cut through my yard, they made me out to be the bad guy because their kids would have to walk a whole two blocks more.

The cutting through stopped when my Lola nipped one of the kids (8-9 y.o. boy who was always throwing things at the dogs and yelling at them) in the ankle. Parents did not make a fuss because they knew their kid was at fault.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    How about this weather?

2d88fb2a02baee0bd04b08b622b0a2ed2b9a14c6r1-790-480v2_uhq.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Mama Snap wanted me to plant the flowers and tomatoes today, but I want to hold off another week. I have the flats sitting on the deck with clear plastic tubs nearby so I can cover them if I need to.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Mama Snap wanted me to plant the flowers and tomatoes today, but I want to hold off another week. I have the flats sitting on the deck with clear plastic tubs nearby so I can cover them if I need to.

Ive been chomping at the bit to get my garden in, but i haven't even been able to till all the good chicken poop in yet with all the rain. Was hoping to plant Saturday, but if we get 3" of rain that'll probably push it back again. Looking like its gonna be a late year for veggies and getting the pool up and running :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom