Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    All of my dogs except Lucy have been adopted or just plain given to me. I bought Lucy almost 15 years ago from a backyard breeder before I knew any better. The eight after her were "used" dogs.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Its been a long time my fellow region ingoers, good to see a lot of familiar names still around, that is all...i might duck back into lurk mode for another 5 years
    Feel free to join in the 7th Annual NWI/INGO DNR Winamac Youth Shoot and get your over needed hug from Jedi and put names to faces.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I was going to ask what your plans were for the puppies but I don't think I could provide a suitable home for the breed. If we had more property, maybe.

She's been gone almost 4 months and I still miss my dog terribly but we're getting to the point where we want another dog.
    They will be sold to people looking for working livestock guardians. Not something you find at a shelter. If you have livestock of some sort, they are invaluable. They will give their lives to protect whatever animal it is they bond to and guard.

They don't necessarily need a lot of land, but they can be very protective and very loud. :): They bark at everything, so they will annoy neighbors if you have a lot.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    One of my boys finished 9th at The Arnold Fencing Classic in Columbus, Ohio. Another finished 20th, and another a few spots below that.

Really proud of them. Its their first national level competition.

And it is a big competition!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;668xziZS0OY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=668xziZS0OY[/video]

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    If any one seriously needs help finding that special adoption let me know, not only is the girlfriend a vet but she works with a local rescue and personally finds/fosters dogs.

Last load she brought was 17 dogs from Alabama, that was eventful.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    If any one seriously needs help finding that special adoption let me know, not only is the girlfriend a vet but she works with a local rescue and personally finds/fosters dogs.

Last load she brought was 17 dogs from Alabama, that was eventful.
    I'll have to keep that in mind. I do want another one day.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I read these are not for beginners or passive dog owners. They either need to be working or actively engaged by their owners all day. We could do that. I still feel though that it would be unfair not to give them the space to run or let them do what they were bred to do ... guard livestock.
    All true. They are very intelligent and very independent minded. As a pet you would have to make sure they understand the family is in charge.

I love the breed now that I have some, but I am hesitant to bring one inside. It would not be a good life for the dog. Someday when I am ready to retire and will be home a lot more, I may do so.

I have to say that animal instincts are truly amazing. Watching the dogs guard and work together just blows me away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom