Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Morning all. South Shore is running again. Was out yesterday until like noon. Roads were fun and filled with the best drivers. Seriously surprised there wasn't way more accidents.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We have a Briggs and Stratton generator now... have had it a couple years. No complaints. Cheaper and smaller footprint than the Generac that we had.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Generac is good. Just be sure that you secure it in a cage. They tend to disappear.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Looking at whole-house backup generators. Any brand recommendations, pro or con?
    We have a Generac with an ATS. We chose to get one big enough to run everything, since without power we can't do much of anything.

It is now around 6 years old and we have had no issues with it.

When I was looking initially, I was leaning toward Kohler. They didn't have near as many installers around though. Generac is easier to get support for. Plus we ended up getting it installed by someone we knew.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    We have a Generac with an ATS. We chose to get one big enough to run everything, since without power we can't do much of anything.

It is now around 6 years old and we have had no issues with it.

When I was looking initially, I was leaning toward Kohler. They didn't have near as many installers around though. Generac is easier to get support for. Plus we ended up getting it installed by someone we knew.

My thoughts are the same as what you did, and I have a good client that does Generac, that I should probably recipricate with my business. I was initially thinking Kohler too, based on the motor, but if Generac is solid, I'll most likely go that route. You read good and bad about every brand, hence my question. Read good things about the briggs&stratton also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom