• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Yzerman19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    NWI
    My understanding is that Yzerman wants to learn how to actually hunt.

Jedi doesn't hunt for food :ar15:
    Jedi doesn't hunt for game trophies :biggun:
    Jedi hunts because he likes to cuddle with the furry little bandits :wwub:

Its just not the same thing. Its also wrong on so many levels.
    You would be correct, sir. While I'm not against a man and his floofs, I am indeed trying to learn how to actually hunt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    billb i know hunts. not sure who else from the group.

He goes up to Michigan, and he consistently hunts on a schedule.
    I go by my parents in southern Indiana + northern Kentucky & out at the inlaws in Iowa mainly for deer, pheasant, and dove, but that's pretty far and I am not consistent. I'm guessing your talking more local? A couple others in here hunt. What type of hunting are you curious about?

Yzerman19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    NWI
    He goes up to Michigan, and he consistently hunts on a schedule.
    I go by my parents in southern Indiana + northern Kentucky & out at the inlaws in Iowa mainly for deer, pheasant, and dove, but that's pretty far and I am not consistent. I'm guessing your talking more local? A couple others in here hunt. What type of hunting are you curious about?
    I did have local in mind yes. I wouldn't necessarily rule out a mini road trip either but I also dont want to impose. I was mainly interested in deer hunting but wouldn't mind tagging along for anything else. You have to start somewhere, right?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I did have local in mind yes. I wouldn't necessarily rule out a mini road trip either but I also dont want to impose. I was mainly interested in deer hunting but wouldn't mind tagging along for anything else. You have to start somewhere, right?

I'm going to recommend local in this case. Some people walk a timberline, some people hunt from a stand. Also, time of day and duration is a factor. Many do strike out. After all it's called hunting, not catching

Yzerman19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    NWI
    I'm going to recommend local in this case. Some people walk a timberline, some people hunt from a stand. Also, time of day and duration is a factor. Many do strike out. After all it's called hunting, not catching
    Understandably so. I am completely ready to accept striking out as well, I understand that's part of the process. I've been listening to this podcast and they were just talking about how you get these guys who want to be taken hunting and assume you're going to tag something everytime you go out, which obviously is not the case. Thank you for the input though, I appreciate it!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Understandably so. I am completely ready to accept striking out as well, I understand that's part of the process. I've been listening to this podcast and they were just talking about how you get these guys who want to be taken hunting and assume you're going to tag something everytime you go out, which obviously is not the case. Thank you for the input though, I appreciate it!

Just another suggestion for you, you may want to try and join a club. We have an Isaac Walton here in Hobart. Also there is a Porter County conservation club in Valpo. They are basically a fishing club but I know a lot of members hunt too. I’ve been a member there for over year now and I’ve only made about a third of the meetings but I’ve been asked a few times to join them on some of their hunting and fishing trips. It’s just another way of getting to know people and them getting to know you too.

Yzerman19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    NWI
    Just another suggestion for you, you may want to try and join a club. We have an Isaac Walton here in Hobart. Also there is a Porter County conservation club in Valpo. They are basically a fishing club but I know a lot of members hunt too. I’ve been a member there for over year now and I’ve only made about a third of the meetings but I’ve been asked a few times to join them on some of their hunting and fishing trips. It’s just another way of getting to know people and them getting to know you too.
    That's a great idea! I was actually considering joining earlier this year because I heard they have a moderately active skeet community.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom