• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Decided to paracord wrap my AK's tube stock.
    A. To have paracord available.
    B. Improve the cheek weld.
    C. Insulation as the days are getting colder.

I don't know how some people enjoy this as a hobbie. My fingers are going to probably feel that in the morning. I can see how people become obsessed with it though.
    :gotpics:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    1st time ever doing this. I had to partially unwrap a small section when I was pulling the melted end through, but apparently I did not melt it properly :n00b:. Rewound it and REALLY had to pull as I had already cut the excess that I was holding off. My lighter skills were better on round 2.
    View attachment 50789

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I don't know how some people enjoy this as a hobbie. My fingers are going to probably feel that in the morning. I can see how people become obsessed with it though.

I bought a sample bag from this place. Started wrapping every handle on every bag, bracelets, a few knives... My wife called me Martha Stewart. It wasn't funny when she said it, and you shouldn't be laughing so much either :bat:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I like the looks of other wraps, but I chose this way to keep the side folder operation and to be shot from either shoulder without any bumps that might bother me.

I was also worried about it catching facial hair. Tested it out. Nada! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Bulletsmith.... wow... I think I like.... it's about twice the price I was looking at though...

I was using the Vortex calculator to figure out my load/rifles use of the dead hold bdc reticle on the crossfire II 30 mm 6 thru 24 by 50 scope and all I could get it to do was 500 yards and I kind of feel this should be my last scope for my Remy 700 PSS so it should take me out to 1000 yards hopefully... Yours is close... Guess I got to read what a mrad is yet though....

WD... yeah send me his number... I'll have to find something to sell yet but... I've got access to this 710 yard range now so I need to do some upgrades to my bolt gun...

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Bulletsmith.... wow... I think I like.... it's about twice the price I was looking at though...

I was using the Vortex calculator to figure out my load/rifles use of the dead hold bdc reticle on the crossfire II 30 mm 6 thru 24 by 50 scope and all I could get it to do was 500 yards and I kind of feel this should be my last scope for my Remy 700 PSS so it should take me out to 1000 yards hopefully... Yours is close... Guess I got to read what a mrad is yet though....

WD... yeah send me his number... I'll have to find something to sell yet but... I've got access to this 710 yard range now so I need to do some upgrades to my bolt gun...

They don't give them away, that's for sure. It's the most I have ever spent on a scope. We've talked about meeting up before, maybe we should and you can give it a test run to see if it fits your needs.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My trailer is finally finished. Built it with my own hands.

trailer3%20-%20Copy_zpskofcbu2y.jpg

trailer1%20-%20Copy_zpsdu7wb0i7.jpg

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0

https://www.atncorp.com/x-sight2-hd-day-night-rifle-scope-5-20x

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It looks nice. Now all it needs is a license plate.
    What was the cost, if I may ask?

I've got the plate right here on my desk, ready to put on.

$399 at Harbor Freight. I had a 20% off coupon, which they don't allow on trailers any more. Brought it down to $320. With plywood and hardware, back to $400. BTW, it is the foldable model, but folding it involves unbolting the plywood from the frame and removing six more bolts from the frame, all of which are very difficult to access. This thing is never going to be folded.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    BillB, I had the original 1st gen version of the X-Sight and it is nice, the newer version has some very nice updates too. My only problem with the original was it eats AA batteries. Not sure if the newer one has the same issue or not... I plan on getting another one but for now I want a scope that doesn't require batteries to work on the old PSS.

Nice trailer snap... Looks about the right size to put a tear drop cabin on...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom