KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That is exactly the way it works.

• Carter sends us into a recession.
    • Reagan makes deep tax cuts and is accused of voo doo economics the economy begins to takeoff.
    • The recovery continues under GHWB but read my lips kills him.
    • Clinton takes over in a time of economic prosperity and to this day gets credit for the recovery.
    • GWB gets control of the country as the Clinton tax hikes are slowing the economy and 911 hits. Miraculously with a two front war he keeps the country on an even keel foe 6 years until the electorate saddles him with a democrat congress that spends like drunken sailors and the media hype a recession that didn't actually happen until the last two quarters of his administration. The headline was "Well it may not actually be a Recession, but it sure feels like one.
    • BHO gets in and for 8 years he blames Bush for anything and everything. The first US president to never have a year of over 3% GDP
    • when Trump mentioned that this past year is at 1% GDP Hillary snapped back that it was Bush's fault.
    That is a big oversimplification of things. I know people love the

How was it the Dem Congress' fault under Bush, but it is not the Rep Congress' fault under Obama?
    How do you forget the huge expenditures under Bush for those two wars when you talk about how much was spent? Or the fact that the deficit did not increase when the Dems took control of Congress, but rather went down over the previous few years. Well, up until the great bailout, which was bipartisan.
    51384-Figure1-HomePage.png

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It was the republican congresses fault under obama. They kept giving Obama and the democrats everything they wanted. They refused to fight because they are not constitutional conservatives. A few stood up and tried and became pariahs in their own party.

Yes, I realize that was a gross oversimplification.

Bush, a good man, wanted to try to get along with the democrats. He made a lot of mistakes. He didn't want to be remembered as a fighter, but a uniter. Yes again very simplistic.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    At 36K miles (OEM brakes), I was told my brakes were at about 60% of life left. Today at 70K miles, I went in for brake replacement because I guessed it would be time and saw there is about 50% left. Winner, winner!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got to drive through all the fall colors with the leaf changes. Cool, sun is shining, brass is flying...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Picked up a Capture Clip by Peak Design today. Seems like a solid product, and I'm hoping it will persuade me to take out the DSLR more often than I do. I'll be using it tomorrow at the zoo, and hopefully I'll be able to get in one more camping trip/hike before it gets too cold. Might do a quick write up on it if I have time.

Peak Design's website is down, probably due to the major DDoS attacks today, but here's an amazon link.
    https://www.amazon.com/Peak-Design-Capture-Camera-Clip/dp/B00H7JGOS4

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Picked up a Capture Clip by Peak Design today. Seems like a solid product, and I'm hoping it will persuade me to take out the DSLR more often than I do. I'll be using it tomorrow at the zoo, and hopefully I'll be able to get in one more camping trip/hike before it gets too cold. Might do a quick write up on it if I have time.

Peak Design's website is down, probably due to the major DDoS attacks today, but here's an amazon link.
    https://www.amazon.com/Peak-Design-Capture-Camera-Clip/dp/B00H7JGOS4
    I use it on my hikes, love it. Great system, rock solid. Quick release, yet very secure.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    At $200 an hour, take your time explain exactly what you want, could you go over that again please....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom