xc75.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I put a portable battery starter on my Cristmas list...we shall wait and see.

Man, it's already 20 degrees hotter at this time than yesterday. Heat wave for sure.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Auto Zone will test your starter, battery and alternator. Free in about 2 minutes. If you hace a dead cell you will have this problem until it wont work at all.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I put a portable battery starter on my Cristmas list...we shall wait and see.

Man, it's already 20 degrees hotter at this time than yesterday. Heat wave for sure.

Or consider a new battery?

Auto Zone will test your starter, battery and alternator. Free in about 2 minutes. If you hace a dead cell you will have this problem until it wont work at all.

I never bought a portable charger before. Never needed one.
    Always keep up on maintenance. Always keep an eye on battery age. Change before trouble.

Ford just said my battery was installed March of this year. But they have replaced a bunch. They might have had a bad batch. So they are checking it out.
    Suspect it's the battery. Hope it's the battery. Better than a short or vampire load.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Hey Wild Deuce... what do you think of this ?

[video]https://youtu.be/jX7dcl_ERNs[/video]

Never mind ... I have it playing in the background ... he's addressing the issue.
    He's bass ackwards on his hits though. The Earth rotates FROM west TO east; therefore the targets to the east are "dropping out" from underneath the bullet while the targets to the west are "rising up" to the bullet. But his west target had low strikes and his east target did not. Either he screwed up his description or I heard him wrong.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.
    400 amps @12v through what, 18 gauge wire? yeah, for maybe a second.

yea,and...?

it has no issues. MY old one, which was similar, but a different brand, started my 460 BBF. You have to def read the directions on these though. if it doesnt fire the first time, there is a cool down period. If not, they will swell and could blow up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The original question still stands.
    If you leave such a device in the car in these harsh, cold climate wont the battery pack also suffer the same faith as the car battery?

I have been lucky with my battery in my old car. It lasted 8 years in the interpid and through both of those harsh winters last 2 years hout any issues. That was when the battery as 7 and 8 years old! Got it at walmart and it was the biggest amp size for the battery sizE for that car.

The current van its battery is 3 years old but i dont trust it. This week it had trouble starting the van. I think its just a std battery as oppose to a bugger amp one. Im holding off replacing it until it dies on me. Sears last year told me its good but will need replacing in 12 to 18 months. So the time ia coming up for it.

Guess i just dont see the need for such a jumper battery if you keep up with your battery.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The original question still stands.
    If you leave such a device in the car in these harsh, cold climate wont the battery pack also suffer the same faith as the car battery?

I have been lucky with my battery in my old car. It lasted 8 years in the interpid and through both of those harsh winters last 2 years hout any issues. That was when the battery as 7 and 8 years old! Got it at walmart and it was the biggest amp size for the battery sizE for that car.

The current van its battery is 3 years old but i dont trust it. This week it had trouble starting the van. I think its just a std battery as oppose to a bugger amp one. Im holding off replacing it until it dies on me. Sears last year told me its good but will need replacing in 12 to 18 months. So the time ia coming up for it.

Guess i just dont see the need for such a jumper battery if you keep up with your battery.

My battery was bought in March of this year.
    Several from the same timeframe have been brought in for the same problem.
    How do you "keep up with your battery" without even 1 year on it.
    As for wear and tear. The battery pack will need the battery every so often, just like any other battery.
    It's not the cold that damages it, it's the frequent deep cycling.
    Or in my case, it was a defective battery.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    But your larry and by default the gods hate you and thus why your battery issues.

For the rest of us with normal batteries you did answer my question. Ill skip that pack for now. Cause the snob wants me to leave it in the car in plain site.
    If i do that i should leave the glock and "clips and bullets" also in plain site so that people can see the pack is protected right? :faint:

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    NO. Mines been in the car for a month and still shows a full charge. Every other week ill plug it in just to top it off and it never takes more than a few seconds. It makes a great gift, as my first one was to me.. Used the **** out of it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom