Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Talk to the parents who don't make their children dress properly where your legislators then pass a bill with specific mandatory cancelation policies. Your government protecting yourself from yourself.
    -15°F at bussing times will get the 2 hour delay to closing call.
    -20°F over that 2 hour delay time brings the cancelation.

Thanks i didnot know that. What i find odd owever was griffith made the close annoucement at 10:15pm yesterday. That is 9hrs before the bussing time.

But if mother nature is hearing me can you just make it minus 25 for all of dec jan and feb then. Yea i wont ike it and it will hurt my lungs but lets ee whatbthe stupid school system does then.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Plus, you can blame fluids in the busses and air brakes that can fail at those temperatures. Yes, you can changes those fluids like up in Minnesota, but I am told it is pricey to equip the busses for 3 months...unless you want taxes raised...then everyone groans and we go back to calling off.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Plus, you can blame fluids in the busses and air brakes that can fail at those temperatures. Yes, you can changes those fluids like up in Minnesota, but I am told it is pricey to equip the busses for 3 months...unless you want taxes raised...then everyone groans and we go back to calling off.

Lets take sadclowns approach on this one.
    A few less people is no biggie.

Still i say,no school dec thru jan and just add it in summer.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I never saw so many cars AND semis disabled on the side of the road like I did on the way home today. This weather is tough on man, beast, and machine.
    Nothing beat a couple years ago when I was driving down the interstate during that harsh Polar Vortex and semis were exploding left and right. One was just off my rear quarter-panel...scared the :poop: out of me!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was taking out the trash at work one day when the cutest little mouse (think Fievel) came up to me and looked up at me. I fished out a scrap of food and bent over to feed the thing. It was tiny ... barely done being a baby. The thing sat up to nibble on the scrap of food and then ... WHAM! A co-worker stomped the crap out of it and narrowly missed taking my fingers with it. It was flat as a pancake with its guts squirted out the front and back. My co-worker just said, "Kill em! Don't feed em! They carry disease." I was P'od that he almost took my fingers off.

Well he does have a point.
    But then again i suspect you would feed a racoon as well right!
    Plus he did not harm you but saved your life from all those diesases micky has.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I love it. Hopefully my lot is full tomorrow morning with trucks

:yesway:...yup...get 'em in the shop for a no start, then make your real money on the other stuff you find wrong...

We used to LOOOVE the first cold spell of the winter back when I wrenched on them German carz....$$$$$

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    :yesway:...yup...get 'em in the shop for a no start, then make your real money on the other stuff you find wrong...

We used to LOOOVE the first cold spell of the winter back when I wrenched on them German carz....$$$$$
    When I used to work at Sears in the mall cold weather would be batteries and first snow was new tires.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    And while we're talking cars... what's the latest word on whether you should warm up the engine first before you drive in the cold? I thought you always should, but I read something recently that said it's only necessary with older (70's-80's) cars.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I'm all for a LITTLE prestart...under 5 minutes or so. It helps the engine warm up slowly without putting stress on hard cold seals and gaskets. Also, the same goes for the power steering system and the tranny. You get worse mileage due to winter blend anyhow, so I'm willing to take the small hit for the benefits.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I do the comfort thing too.... I pay for it though...

They close the schools today for the weather because everyone there gets a trophy for just being there anymore...

pussified....

I complain about the weather and the pain but I still get out in it... These people today need consoling to make it through a winter storm anymore because of a failed educational system and family upbringing...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom