• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well with the wind out of the south today I wanted to avoid going to Chesterton. Rode 28.5 miles from Hobart to Griffith, then turned around and went to Portage and ended up back in Hobart. Good ride but was a tad slow since I went with my brother in law and my 12 year old niece.
    I know I'm old and set in my ways, but I just can't wrap my mind around the silly looking clothes that serious bike riders wear.

Or the helmets.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I know I'm old and set in my ways, but I just can't wrap my mind around the silly looking clothes that serious bike riders wear.

Or the helmets.

I never got into the riding gear, including the helmet. Until I took a spill riding in an unfamiliar area. Taking a turn and hit some loose gravel. Jerked my head up at the last minute to avoid my melon hitting the ground. My melon did not hit the ground, but by pulling up so hard I pulled some muscles in my neck and side. Took over a month to heal up. Better pulled muscles than a concussion or worse. No riding gear for me, just a helmet.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    When I use to ride my bike I never wore a helmet or any of those fancy tight clothes. I did wear sweats more than I would normally though as it allowed me to workout on the bike to make it go. Jeans can be a bit uncomfortable when riding. Good shoes are a must also and those padded bike gloves, but I use those for shooting magnum gun's anymore too to soak up the recoil. I am hoping to get some riding time back in this summer but don't know if work is going to make that possible yet...

Riding into the wind will burn carbs right now.... All those fancy riding clothes come into play when your fighting a 40 mph wind but otherwise it is just flashy clothing....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo-events/384262-july-nwi-ingo-meet-eat.html
    All this talk of food has brought you this to ponder. I say the next eat we pick some place Mexican. So any suggestions for a place as I've seen a few would be great. Anywhere that can handle roughly 20 people as that seems to be the ave so far for the eats.
    If it is Mexican food then I am out.

I love Spanish food but absolutely dislike 90% of the commonly available Mexican food. Unless you are thinking about someplace that has things like goat meat or some of the seafood dishes from Baja, etc. The normal crap like tacos, burritos, fajitas, etc can all take a flying leap...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If it is Mexican food then I am out.

I love Spanish food but absolutely dislike 90% of the commonly available Mexican food. Unless you are thinking about someplace that has things like goat meat or some of the seafood dishes from Baja, etc. The normal crap like tacos, burritos, fajitas, etc can all take a flying leap...
    When the thread comes out for a place to go voice your opinion and it will be voted on.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    I HATE MOTORCYCLISTS.....

I know some of you have one and maybe you can clarify this for me...

So, I left my in laws today heading down 85th by Dan's house, and these 2 F-in guys were riding side by side which is stupid imo. The one guy was literally riding on the double yellow lines. This road is fairly narrow to begin with. Wtf makes him think he can do this and have on coming motorist swerve damn near off the road to avoid hitting him? I stood my ground and he damn near hit me.(I'm not gonna wreck my car because of some idiot) Im sorry but if ur stupid enough to ride ur bike like an idiot then you deserve to get hit. Im so sick of these kinda people thinking they own the road and we have to yeild to them. Another for instance is, we saw a big group one time, prolly 10-12 of em and they made a left turn from a stop sign.... Why do they think they can do this? They all together are not one vehicle! They should all stop and turn separately right? When there is a group of Classic cars driving in a pack, they obey the laws like they are supposed to.

Sorry for the rant.... Just pisses me off

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Seems like the younger kids on the sport bikes popping Wheelies **** me off more then anything. Bikes in general I don't mind.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219

Or the helmets.

The shorts are normally padded with a chamois on the inside to help absorb the sweat. They are a GODSEND if you are doing any sort of mileage and not on a beach cruiser with an 8" padded seat. The jerseys are handy with the pockets in the back to hold a couple tools, tire patch kit, pump, keys, etc. I haven't gotten a helmet yet, but after doing 20 miles on LSD on Sat I have decided that I need one because I can't control what OTHER people do. The shoes I have clip into the pedals and have stiff soles in order to transfer the most power possible....helps a lot. As for the gloves, mostly an amenity and I haven't even looked into any yet as my hands don't get sore while riding.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The shorts are normally padded with a chamois on the inside to help absorb the sweat. They are a GODSEND if you are doing any sort of mileage and not on a beach cruiser with an 8" padded seat. The jerseys are handy with the pockets in the back to hold a couple tools, tire patch kit, pump, keys, etc. I haven't gotten a helmet yet, but after doing 20 miles on LSD on Sat I have decided that I need one because I can't control what OTHER people do. The shoes I have clip into the pedals and have stiff soles in order to transfer the most power possible....helps a lot. As for the gloves, mostly an amenity and I haven't even looked into any yet as my hands don't get sore while riding.
    Oh I understand the function, but I just don't get all the bizarre logos and crap. Can't they make some more normal looking (no flames, no lighting bolts, no corporate/team logos) clothes that still have the features you describe?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Oh I understand the function, but I just don't get all the bizarre logos and crap. Can't they make some more normal looking (no flames, no lighting bolts, no corporate/team logos) clothes that still have the features you describe?
    None of my stuff has logos, and I would say the majority doesn't. You must either see some pro riders around or just really douchey ones.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Gators won't last long around here... Someone released it and it will be ok for the summer and then just another frozen piece of meat by winter...

Something to try some 458 SOCOM loads on though...

Morning all.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom