• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    Crazy evening yesterday. Had a guy over to buy my jeep that had been sitting and doesn't run. He brought his buddy with a van and tow dolly, parked in the street on curb. As we are looking at the jeep and finishing up the sale a guy driving down the road crashes into this guy's van and dolly. He tries to reverse it but the car is stuck in the van. The dolly is all bent and busted up. The driver was claiming he couldnt see because the sun was blinding him. We call the police to make a report and all of a sudden the guy to was driving the car is GONE. We were like where the heck did he go? He was just right here! We start looking at the car and notice bullet holes all over it, driver window was smashed out, all door handles broke off, etc. Wtf?? Lady pulls up to crash and say she recognizes car, belongs to her neighbor who lives on the next street. She gave his name/info and it matched description of the guy who got out of the car. Police show up and we file report. They leave to find this guy. Tow truck shows up, tells us this car had just been released from impound this morning and it turns out this guy's had just gotten out of jail that morning too. Police show back up with the guy in the back, going back to jail. Guy still bought my jeep but couldn't take it home yet. They drive away in the van. Crazy freaking situation

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    bad mojo at HD96's...

although might just be the season as yesterday I had a leaking tire which once checked let me know I had two tires that are ready to go into the afterlife so very expensive day at the tire shop....

Didn't even get to shoot anything yesterday...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Crazy evening yesterday. Had a guy over to buy my jeep that had been sitting and doesn't run. He brought his buddy with a van and tow dolly, parked in the street on curb. As we are looking at the jeep and finishing up the sale a guy driving down the road crashes into this guy's van and dolly. He tries to reverse it but the car is stuck in the van. The dolly is all bent and busted up. The driver was claiming he couldnt see because the sun was blinding him. We call the police to make a report and all of a sudden the guy to was driving the car is GONE. We were like where the heck did he go? He was just right here! We start looking at the car and notice bullet holes all over it, driver window was smashed out, all door handles broke off, etc. Wtf?? Lady pulls up to crash and say she recognizes car, belongs to her neighbor who lives on the next street. She gave his name/info and it matched description of the guy who got out of the car. Police show up and we file report. They leave to find this guy. Tow truck shows up, tells us this car had just been released from impound this morning and it turns out this guy's had just gotten out of jail that morning too. Police show back up with the guy in the back, going back to jail. Guy still bought my jeep but couldn't take it home yet. They drive away in the van. Crazy freaking situation
    At least the accident wasn't a deal breaker. What are the odds?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Chef, no I haven't been out there, are they good ?

CTC, No way on stracks, tough is what I get at stracks and with the condition of my teeth I know good filets when I melt one in my mouth.

Meat has no carbs so I eat it a lot....

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Chef, no I haven't been out there, are they good ?

CTC, No way on stracks, tough is what I get at stracks and with the condition of my teeth I know good filets when I melt one in my mouth.

Meat has no carbs so I eat it a lot....

Their ribeye steaks taste great and melt in your mouth hot off the grill. I like their homemade flavored beef stick and beef jerky. With warmer weather coming, they have a grill going in their parking lot on Saturdays with steak sandwiches, hamburgers, and hot dogs.:drool:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well there goes your revolver fund.....

PS: Snap have you tried ginkgo for your tinnitus ? Been doing some reading and not sure if it is worth anything or not...

Chef, I'm always up for some good steaks and burgers minus the carb content of course...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hope for the best and good luck with the friendship. Does he like shooting and revolvers? Could be a match made in shooters heaven.

He went to Blythe's with me last week. He has some vision issues so may not do a lot of shooting. But he does have a sweet old Winchester .22 rifle that belonged to his aunt.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well there goes your revolver fund.....

PS: Snap have you tried ginkgo for your tinnitus ? Been doing some reading and not sure if it is worth anything or not...

Chef, I'm always up for some good steaks and burgers minus the carb content of course...

No, I haven't tried Gingko. Have you? I've pretty much just come to terms with the tinnitus, and it only bothers me once in a while.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I haven't tried it yet... Not sure if I want to, the buzzing is pretty aggravating though.

Some years back I had tried billberry for enhancing my vision and after two years of using that the eye surgeon got a hold of me and had to do a laser surgery on me for what they diagnosed as diabetes retenopothy "sp". It appears that ginkgo increases blood flow overall and in the case of the tinnitus to the inner ear, rally don't want to increase any blood flow to the eye accidentally though... Might try it though.... Wondered if you had or anyone you knew...

Good luck on the new relationship...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom