Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I've just about given up on my lee safety scale. I re-calibrated it and set to zero slid it over to 4 grs and measured 4 times to double check my thrower. All was good and relaod 150 rounds. Checked the weight after every 50 rds and still good.

I decide to weight my 45's to see if I can find one that I might of miss charging, so I pull out my digital scale and start going to town. i find a few that weigh 315gr and most in the upper 320 to 330gr range. I pull the 315 apart and carefully dump the powder into the tray. I get 4.6 on the digital scale which is where I wanted to be with my 45's. I measure what I'm throwing for my 9mm and start getting 4.4 grs, so I put back on the lee scale and it shows 4.

I think its time for a better scale. I've seen the 505's online with good reviews anyone care to bet their lives on them before I go looking? I see a few on ebay going for 54 with free ship. I do not trust a digital scale anymore unless someone is willing to bet their life on it or have been using it for years and is still made. I've alwaqys had good luck with beam scales even in high school and college.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    lyman 1000 electronic scale, I think it's a 1000 model... Just make sure you set your scale up on a separate table that doesn't get any vibration from loading or anything else and there isn't ant heat ducks or fans blowing over it. Love my lyman electronic scale... Think it was like 60 bucks at Cabelas when I got it...

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have a lee and a cheapo electronic. I think if I buy a new scale, it would be one of those fancy all in one that dumps the powder for you.

Or if I could figure out how to make one with an arduino.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Driving home today and take a glimpse over and happen to see a Grand Prix smoking IN A DRIVEWAY.. I think about it, I didn't see anyone out there, but they may have been dealing with a blown radiator hose... I get another block down the road and something tells me to go back. Mind you the house is a good 2 football fields from the road, so who knows what may have been going on.

As I drove up I see flames dropping under the car. I start banging on their door til they answer. Let them know what was up
    11wcoenh.jpg

Tried to rep you for doing the right thing.
    But I've given out too much in the last day.
    Someone please hit him up for me.

*sigh* Midnights called off again. I'm going to stay until 3am.

Sure you didn't get hired where I am?
    Cause it looks like you're OT is going up.

Replenishing that revolver fund...

There comes a certain point, where you work so much overtime, where you want to punch people that say that.
    I'm hoping Snap isn't at that point.
    She looks like she could be a scrapper.

To each there own!

:)

Must be nice. I wish I had a job where I could actually get holidays off.
    Maybe if we had a union....oh, wait, we do, nevermind.

Today is a paid holiday for us. And I'm off. :woot:
    Sunday is a holiday for everyone else, and I'm off. :woot: But that's cause the mill right now is struggling (that's the nice word for it. It looks bad).

Unions must suck. No union here and I get holidays off :):

Unions don't have the magical powers everyone attributes to them. At least not anymore.
    Though I blame a big part of that on the members.
    Unions aren't the officers. Unions are the members.
    If the members are unwilling to strike for their beliefs, the company will take advantage of that.

Then there's the media. Like on the Whiting strike. Talking about how evil the union is, striking. Always talking about what the union wants.
    But conveniently forgetting to mention the companies side.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    At 10 am this morning Cabela's had approximately 32 100 round boxes of CCI mini-mags in .22lr. Price is $9.08 with tax, limit one per customer.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Blocked by the Times' ****ty paywall.
    That's ok, I'm sure he's so well known that used 'Hobart Man' instead of his real name to prevent the masses from storming his castle in support.

Always right click the times links and open in "private window" or whatever your browser calls it. Never get blocked again.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Finally got to test some new loads and a new gun. 5.0 grains of bullseye works good for my .45acp. Time to start production up.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :hehe:Good thing he had a helmet on!

[video=youtube_share;1E3a8ejSqB4]http://youtu.be/1E3a8ejSqB4[/video]

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    The wife is currently roughly 7 weeks pregnant and this morning had started bleeding. She called her obgyn and got an ultra sound scheduled. 2 weeks ago the Babies heart rate was 140, today it was 106. The doctor is putting her on bed rest for a week and has an ultra sound scheduled for Thursday. Hopefully not bad news.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom