Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Back home from Wrigleyville where it was pretty chilly in the shade. Iowa relatives are Cubs fans, so we humored them. After game drinks. Met up D'Agostino's with other relatives, then back home. Babysitter survived and the house is full. Time to Easter it up tomorrow and the kid is taking everyone to the Chesterton Art Center to show them his artwork.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Busy day.. for a retired guy.
    New stock onto a new 10/22. Took off the flash arrester to fit my suppressor.
    Installed a red dot.

Grabbing a gun bag to go to the range, I found another red dot that I had been looking for for months. Well, on and off, mostly off, but I kept THINKING about looking.
    Anyway, the red dot was in the bag. AAARRRGGGHH
    So, installed that on my Scorpion SBR.

Took both to the range and got one sighted in, and the other one almost sighted.

Other stuff was chores, which suck.

Last edited:

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Can't keep track of all the bits and pieces for my projects either. My Shield Plus in 30SC is still sitting here untouched. Have a dot to mount but it's red,....decided to go green so have one on the way. Front night sight on the gun was dead out of the box so I've been 90% waiting to decide what to do about that. Didn't want to mount the dot if I have to ship it in to S&W. Smith is just sending me a replacement sight so that's in process. Point being,......I have a dozen Holosuns sitting within reach of my chair, none of them know for sure where they're going. They're just collecting dust.

Dug out an AR10 that's been sitting in a box nonfunctional for 3 or 4yrs. Finally looked into why it's nonfunctional. Mismatch upper and lower assemblies don't play well together. When I bought the upper it was advertised as a PSA and came in a PSA box so I thought I was good there. Nope, it's a DPMS upper so a whole new kit is on its way from PSA(complete kits are only a few dollars more than complete uppers and no uppers were in stock anyway). So now I'm back to tearing the house apart trying to find a box of MagPul AR10 mags I KNOW I have around here somewhere. Just ordered them in October and I swear I've already been looking for them for a yr.

They were in the kitchen. Who stores boxes of magazines in the kitchen? Me, apparently.

On the brighter side,....also in that box was a 13rd Shield9 magazine that had me shopping for a 9mm Shield Plus(got the mag, gotta get the gun, right?). Well, once I found the AR10 mag box with the Shield mag in it, it turns out it's a 10rd mag so that saves me from having to buy a new gun. I'm not buying a whole new gun just because I have a 10rd mag. Now if it was a 13rd mag,.......

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    So now that I've ordered a Green Holosun to put on my 30SC you might be wondering what I'm going to do with the red Holosun sitting here on the table. Well, don't worry, I've got that all figured out. Just ordered a second 30SC yesterday.

Next step is to continue shopping for another green one.

If anyone wants to question my sanity, this is where you'd want to do it. Bought the 30SC back in November. Haven't shot it. Wanted to put a green ACSS reticle Holosun on it but although announced, Holosun wasn't actually making one yet so for the time being I decided to buy a red 6moa 407k to put on it. Once that dot got here I stumbled on a green 6moa dot that I prefer, so I bought that one. Then one day I was rolling around on ebay and found the long awaited 407k with the ACSS reticle so I jumped on it. Musta been leftovers from SHOT or something, mounted but never fired. Only problem was that it was red but since Primary Arms(the originator of the ACSS reticle)and Holosun announce models and colors that take yrs to come to market, I decided red ACSS was good enough. Then earlier this week I was back on that ebay thing and found that Primary Arms had some green ones surplus from SHOT,......so a green one is on the way. This is the fourth Holosun I've purchased for a gun I haven't fired yet,.......and I just purchased a second gun of the same model, supposedly as a backup.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Don't forget to do your bi-yearly main water value shut off test this weekend.

1. Locate your main water value and turn it off.

2. Open a faucet to let water run.

3. Check the water meter it should NOT register any water being used. The numbers on the meter should NOT move.

4. Turn off the faucet after running it for 60 seconds or more.

5. Open the main water value all the way.

6. You should see the water meter registering that water is being used and then the numbers should stop.
    This means the city water was refilling your houses water pipes and once full it stopped.*

7. Now open the faucet again and look at the water meter it should start registering water being used.

8. Turn off faucet you passed the test!

Doing the test ensures the main water value is used regularly because if it is not and one day you need to turn off the water the value could be stuck open or worse break from lack of use. Then it's gonna cost you BIG MONEY to have a plumber replace it and the cost of the city having to turn off the water in the street.

*if the meter is still running and you have all the faucets off this means you have a leak in the house somewhere in the pipes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom