• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    did it once when nascar was still relevant, was a cool experience, suite at the start finish line. traffic in and out of the speedway SUUUUCCKS, or it did when people still went
    We have access to the box, an air conditioned tent... Etc..

We probably won't go on a race day but perhaps a qualifying or practice race.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Serious question for those church-going NWI members. Mama Snap and I have been invited to Easter service by a friend. It's been a LONG time since I've set foot in a church. What is the going contribution when they pass the collection plate these days?

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Serious question for those church-going NWI members. Mama Snap and I have been invited to Easter service by a friend. It's been a LONG time since I've set foot in a church. What is the going contribution when they pass the collection plate these days?
    What ever you feel comfortable with. My wife and I give 10% our income. Some people give more than that some give less.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Reminds of the song:

"And the sign said
    "Everybody welcome
    Come in, kneel down and pray"
    But when they passed around the plate at the end of it all
    I didn't have a penny to pay
    So I got me a pen and a paper
    And I made up my own little sign
    I said, "Thank you, Lord, for thinkin' 'bout me
    I'm alive and doin' fine"
    Woo!"

Oh, you said serious question.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    since the talk was EV's recently I thought I'd share. 2017 nissan leaf in the shop today, 21k miles on it, customer hardly ever drives it, just sits on the charger waiting to go, well until today anyway. battery is DOA. $17,000 to replace it! needless to say the customer declined. I think we might need to send PD for a wellness check later cuz the sound they made didn't sound healthy.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    What ever you feel comfortable with. My wife and I give 10% our income. Some people give more than that some give less.
    If one is not a regular attendee at the church I think 10% of your income would be ridiculously high.

ETA: In fact I recently went to my neighbor's church to watch his daughter play guitar in a program and I put in $5.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    since the talk was EV's recently I thought I'd share. 2017 nissan leaf in the shop today, 21k miles on it, customer hardly ever drives it, just sits on the charger waiting to go, well until today anyway. battery is DOA. $17,000 to replace it! needless to say the customer declined. I think we might need to send PD for a wellness check later cuz the sound they made didn't sound healthy.
    Wow. That is like $0.81 per mile just for batteries. If gas costs $3.50 per gallon, that is like getting 4.3 miles per gallon. And that doesn't even consider the cost for the electricity to charge it or anything else.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You are a visitor and a guest.

Nothing is expected.

Anything is appreciated.

Do whatever is comfortable for you.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Wait electricity isn’t free when it is charging an EV?
    And any electricity used to charge an EV miraculously gets to that EV with ZERO emissions. There are no emissions or environmental impact when building the infra-structure to support EVs. When you charge your EV they pay you for doing your part to save the planet.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    And any electricity used to charge an EV miraculously gets to that EV with ZERO emissions. There are no emissions or environmental impact when building the infra-structure to support EVs. When you charge your EV they pay you for doing your part to save the planet.

Absolutely amazing what people will pay to hold others accountable for their “green sins” this applies at the grocery store as well as the lithium mines.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom