• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    I think they are a useless gimmick BUT if you start with banning them what is next? Repeat after me "IT IS NOT THE TOOL, IT IS THE ONE USING IT."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’ve been thinking that the next time the subject comes up, and my SIL or BIL pull the “that’s different” I’m going to tell them that the thing they say is different about it doesn’t doesn’t follow. It’s nonsense. It’s an excuse so that they don’t have to face the fact that their strong feelings about the one and not the other is inconsistent with the reasons they claim they’re against guns.

But I’d stop there. I wouldn’t claim that the real difference is that if we implement the same car control that they want for guns, it’d affect them. That’s true, but it’s not true enough. Banning cars would have a much bigger impact on more individuals in society. More than 85% of families have at least one car, which they depend on for their livelihoods.

We have become so dependent on vehicles. I have always been in need of one for my trade. I had to travel A-B every day. Sometimes A-B-C-D-E and then some.
    As I have mentioned before blaming the tool (gun) and not the tool using it (psycho) is the easy road and the prime ingredient in the MSM/political :koolaid: so so many have drank copious amounts of. It requires merely speaking out. To effect the real changes we as a society need would be far to hard for these people to take on.
    1st it would be admitting they have been wrong...Not gonna happen
    2nd it would require putting down the phone and actually parenting their children. Not being their friend but a real tough love parent.....Again, not gonna happen.
    3rd, being offended is a way of life for far to many. I still believe we as good people still outnumber them but our thoughts/opinions/points of view do not sell air time or generate click bait.....so again, change is not gonna happen.

I truly believe we have passed the tipping point.The road ahead is well paved with this safe space snowflake false narrative bravo sierra. We are fast fading away.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If my last post sounds like I am giving up I am just weary. I address this at every turn but my facts/figures/common sense falls on deaf ears. The wall has been erected and I can not penetrate it. The anger and resistance is at epic levels with these people.

I need a safe space.....and a woobie.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If my last post sounds like I am giving up I am just weary. I address this at every turn but my facts/figures/common sense falls on deaf ears. The wall has been erected and I can not penetrate it. The anger and resistance is at epic levels with these people.

I need a safe spade.....and a woobie.

It's not impossible for ideologically gripped people to start thinking in terms of what's true, what's real, and what's just perceived from the perspective of dogma. I hold out hope for my wife's sister's family. They're both smart, successful people, but they live in suburban Denver. I look at their Facebook and they're all existing in the same ideological bubble. They need to have their beliefs truly challenged. A constant image of the world as it is rather than the world they think it is. That's really what we all need to stay sane. Listen to the other. Think it through. Compare it to the most honest reality you can perceive.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Even in our own ****ing community. It sickens me.

People will sit there and agree and say passing more gun laws isn't the answer to reduce shootings which I 100% agree, and then in the next breath they wanna pass laws raising the age limit to keep other Americans from buying guns. Hypocrite much?

You do realize you're talking about your president, right? ;)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So far, the three things being floated are

1. Enhancing background checks
    2. Banning bump stocks (will need congressional action)
    3. Raising age to buy a specific kind of scary looking rifle.

I don't see how anyone can spin this as not losing more of the 2A cake.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

3 more chinks in the armor.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Haven't they already said a couple of times that it does?

Maybe.

But they've also asked for comment regarding additional rulemaking.
    https://www.ammoland.com/2017/12/at...ed-rulemaking-bump-fire-stocks/#axzz57kbAi7i5
    https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...to-bump-fire-stocks-and-other-similar-devices

This ANPRM is the initial step in a regulatory process to interpret the definition of machinegun to clarify whether certain bump stock devices fall within that definition. If, in a subsequent rulemaking, the definition of machinegun under section 5845(b) is interpreted to include certain bump stock devices, ATF would then have a basis to re-examine its prior classification and rulings. See Encino Motorcars v. Navarro, 136 S. Ct. 2117, 2125 (2016); FCC v. Fox Television Stations, 556 U.S. 502, 515 (2009).

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    We should not raise the age for anything to 21. We should lower everything to 18. Old enough to die for your coiintry then you are old enough to vote for or out of office who put you there. Also old enough to to drink and to buy your own damn gun since they have no problem issuing you one at 17 and 18 and teaching you to kill people.
    Seriously **** these politicians and anyone else who wants to regulate or pass laws to silence others.
    Go live your damn lives and leave everyone else the hell alone.

If anything gets raised to 21, everything should get raised to 21... 18 or 21, but not half-***

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Every day the news cycle on this stuff calms down more. The gullible darlings that the news media is in love with are being exposed as the liberal schills they are being used for.

Good money says none of these "floated" things will happen.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If anything gets raised to 21, everything should get raised to 21... 18 or 21, but not half-***

As long as everything includes the Ruger Mini 14 and everything like it.

We can't allow "scary black rifles" to get classified as something different or unique, or we lose a lot more than a small slice of 2A-cake on this one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

1. I'd be okay with that if it made background sufficiently selective, which I'm not sure is possible.
    2. Banning bump stocks is just giving up something meaningless to placate the insane.
    3. Raising the age is philosophically the same as background checks are now. it assumes that denying rights to a large class of people is justifiable in the belief that doing so will reduce a relatively small number of offenses. Millions of people between 18 and 21 manage to own firearms without killing anyone. It's a knee-jerk reaction.

All three are examples of what people come up with when society foolishly demands, don't just stand there, do something, anything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. I'd be okay with that if it made background sufficiently selective, which I'm not sure is possible.
    2. Banning bump stocks is just giving up something meaningless to placate the insane.
    3. Raising the age is philosophically the same as background checks are now. it assumes that denying rights to a large class of people is justifiable in the belief that doing so will reduce a relatively small number of offenses. Millions of people between 18 and 21 manage to own firearms without killing anyone. It's a knee-jerk reaction.

All three are examples of what people come up with when society foolishly demands, don't just stand there, do something, anything.

As to #2......Placation aint gonna happen. As a child will test the edges/boundary's as they mature one has to fully mature 1st to actually know where the boundary's are. If you get my point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As to #2......Placation aint gonna happen. As a child will test the edges/boundary's as they mature one has to fully mature 1st to actually know where the boundary's are. If you get my point.
    Sure. I think the people who think we can appease the other side by giving them something we don’t actually care about all that much, don’t understand what you’re saying. Parents who appease their children incrementally, with things that don’t matter per se, ratchet their appeasement to things that eventually do matter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sure. I think the people who think we can appease the other side by giving them something we don’t actually care about all that much, don’t understand what you’re saying. Parents who appease their children incrementally, with things that don’t matter per se, ratchet their appeasement to things that eventually do matter.

Bingo. And those little darling take this along with their attendance trophy's and awards out into the real world.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom