• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And a question, what happened to the bumper height laws we used to have? Lifted trucks and Jeeps had to have drop bumpers to legal height back in the day and it was enforced...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think I need to add a V plow to appease the flakes
    Nope. 2 stage snowblower, always on. If you're gonna hit it, shred it.

Go big or go home.

My only beef is guys who overcompensate with a big 2500/F250 or bigger and all they do is commute. Hell, I know one guy with a 3500 and its a grocery getter. He doesnt even OWN anything that needs towed. SMH. Granted, although I think its ridiculous, I won't deny them their right to spend too much money on the truck, gas, tires, etc. :dunno:

EDIT: And I'm surprised they havent tried to go after big trucks sooner, but for environmental reasons. They use the same reasoning with guns. "Nobody needs a gun that powerful!" Well, by that logic, nobody needs a sports car, you only need a truck if you are towing something, etc. The logic between the two arguments is parallel. (and ridiculous)

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh, the libs have been whining about trucks for decades. Money talks, whiners walk. The American public loves buying trucks, because trucks are great.
    The Marxist control freaks have made attacks on trucks before and a great vehicle was a causality of those attacks when Ford succumbed to pressure and stopped production of the Excursion. I read recently that Ford was bringing back the Excursion again soon.

A side note, the Excursion is so popular that they still command high prices relative to other similar age vehicles and a brisk business has been built doing high dollar restoration to modern equipment and new condition. I have read some are spending between $35,000-$50,000 for this.

One thing never mentioned is that CAFE standards have gutted cars of strength and the people are smart enough to know that a truck is stronger and likely safer. People like the road vision of sitting up not laying back in a car.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Nope. 2 stage snowblower, always on. If you're gonna hit it, shred it.

Go big or go home.

My only beef is guys who overcompensate with a big 2500/F250 or bigger and all they do is commute. Hell, I know one guy with a 3500 and its a grocery getter. He doesnt even OWN anything that needs towed. SMH. Granted, although I think its ridiculous, I won't deny them their right to spend too much money on the truck, gas, tires, etc. :dunno:

EDIT: And I'm surprised they havent tried to go after big trucks sooner, but for environmental reasons. They use the same reasoning with guns. "Nobody needs a gun that powerful!" Well, by that logic, nobody needs a sports car, you only need a truck if you are towing something, etc. The logic between the two arguments is parallel. (and ridiculous)
    Why?

If you ain't towing or hauling, I'd much rather have the ride quality of a 150(0).

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    If pedestrians would stay out of the road there wouldnt be a problem. If the driver is distracted and smokes someone it doesnt matter if they are driving a smart car or a peterbilt, the outcome is going to be very similar. If someone prefers to drive a one ton daily, then by all means go for it. Its none of my buisness what anyone drives or does with their vehicle.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If pedestrians would stay out of the road there wouldnt be a problem. If the driver is distracted and smokes someone it doesnt matter if they are driving a smart car or a peterbilt, the outcome is going to be very similar. If someone prefers to drive a one ton daily, then by all means go for it. Its none of my buisness what anyone drives or does with their vehicle.
    Pedestrians are starting to push the limits of "Right Of Way" around here. Walking right out in the road after sundown and wearing dark clothing. I near took out a group the other night in our Caddy. It sets near Camaro low and would have cleaned them at the knees and below.

There are sidewalks. Go figure.

Looks like they will have good reason to stop here. Multiple trucks and we are working on recovering at least a few of the pieces lost when the Toon capsized.

Screw them all. Each and every one and then screw the mush brained dip :poop:s THAT WOULD LISTEN AND OR AGREE. STEP OFF

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    <Driver staring at phone> WHY DID YOU WALK OUT INTO THE STREET, IN A CROSSWALK, WITH A WHITE WALK SIGNAL? THIS IS YOUR FAULT

<Pedestrian staring at phone> WHY DID YOU DRIVE THROUGH A GREEN LIGHT AND HIT MY JAYWALKING ARSE? THIS IS YOUR FAULT

<moronic urban dwelling author who maybe owns a Prius but more likely uses taxis, trains and Ubers to get around> ITS ALL THE FAULT OF BIG LOUD TRUCKS, THERE CLEARLY IS NO OTHER REASON WHY PEDESTRIANS GET HIT BY CARS, I BET TRUCKS STRIKE BICYCLISTS TOO SINCE BICYCLISTS *never* DISREGARD STOP SIGNS OR TRAFFIC LIGHTS

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    The Marxist control freaks have made attacks on trucks before and a great vehicle was a causality of those attacks when Ford succumbed to pressure and stopped production of the Excursion. I read recently that Ford was bringing back the Excursion again soon.

A side note, the Excursion is so popular that they still command high prices relative to other similar age vehicles and a brisk business has been built doing high dollar restoration to modern equipment and new condition. I have read some are spending between $35,000-$50,000 for this.

One thing never mentioned is that CAFE standards have gutted cars of strength and the people are smart enough to know that a truck is stronger and likely safer. People like the road vision of sitting up not laying back in a car.
    The new Excursions are out, I saw a black one the other day and I had to do a double take. I didn’t even know they were making them again:

1615758659338.jpeg

As for the Marxist control freaks, what’s funny is they almost got their anti-truck wish during Obama. Gas prices were so high that folks had started moving away from trucks into more fuel efficient cars, then Ol’ 45 was elected and the economy corrected. Fuel prices and vehicle prices went down, and more folks had more money to spend, so trucks started flying off the lots again. Ironically, the biggest push BACK into trucks was COVID. People were driving less and fuel was way down so they could afford the car that they wanted.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I’ve been waiting for this. Honestly vehicles have gotten bigger and bigger and it’s ridiculous. (I’m lost in irony as I’m typing this from the driver seat of my 2018 1500 Chevy on a 3 inch lift and 33’s). I can barely see over the new mom mobiles. My ol square body which has a 6 inch suspension lift and 38’’ mud tires and I now pull up next to normal stock 2020 SUV’s and 1500 pickups that I’m looking up at.

anyway, a news station did a measurement and apparently 13 kids seated in front of an Escalade before you see one?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I’ve been waiting for this. Honestly vehicles have gotten bigger and bigger and it’s ridiculous. (I’m lost in irony as I’m typing this from the driver seat of my 2018 1500 Chevy on a 3 inch lift and 33’s). I can barely see over the new mom mobiles. My ol square body which has a 6 inch suspension lift and 38’’ mud tires and I now pull up next to normal stock 2020 SUV’s and 1500 pickups that I’m looking up at.

Squarebody on 38s "looking up" at a current generation, stock Tahoe, Expedition or half-ton pickup?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Squarebody on 38s "looking up" at a current generation, stock Tahoe, Expedition or half-ton pickup?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
    video comparison of a stock 2017 Colorado z71 vs a lifted square. Look about level to me.

mine isn’t much taller than a stock Tahoe and is definitely the same height as a friends 2500 high country

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Read the article. The wording is directed at males and defines us as dangerous to everyone.

Incredible.

Don
    I read about half of it before I had to stop, the stupid hurt too much.

Here is some of the wording:

Styling trends are almost as alarming. Pickup truck front ends have warped into scowling brick walls, billboards for outwardly directed hostility. “The goal of modern truck grilles,” wrote Jalopnik’s Jason Torchinsky in 2018, “seems to be… about creating a massive, brutal face of rage and intimidation.”

One key driver of pickup growth relates to how they are now being used. If you overlook their gleefully violent styling and garage-unfriendly footprint, these vehicles have become more practical as family vehicles.

In 2020, 85% of pickup trucks sold had “crew cabs” or “extended crew cabs” or one of a handful of other tough-guy euphemisms with two sets of seats for five people — most with four doors.

Personal vehicles are not merely functional appliances: They are used as refuges, fortresses and private enclaves, and serve as important signifiers of class and gender identity, as Sovacool explored in a 2018 study.

To Albert, the booming appeal of bigger and more brutish trucks reflects “a crisis of masculinity,” he says. “Nothing could be more emasculating than driving a minivan. So you want the vehicle that’s going to maintain your performative masculinity.”

And of course, because Trump:'

The fact that supersized pickup trucks were often deployed as political props (and weapons) during the Trump era did not escape the notice of scholars like Cara Daggett, a professor of political science at Virginia Tech. In a widely shared 2018 journal article, Daggett coined the term “petro-masculinity” to describe flamboyant expressions of fossil fuel use by men (and some women as well, but mostly men) as a reaction against social progress. To these drivers, “the affront of global warming or environmental regulations appear as insurgents on par with the dangers posed by feminists and queer movements seeking to leach energy and power from the state/traditional family,” she wrote.

And that's where I had to stop. What utter ********.

Top Bottom