• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    This just in: An ever growing group of Individual States have opted to end payment of taxes to a tyrant Federal Government. One Governor was quoted as saying "We've got it from here, creepy Uncle Joe. We know how to build walls and protect our citizens, we'll send you a bill for the rest."

No money, no power. Have the state governments stop sending it. Clearly, the fed has enough...why is more necessary? Garnish their 'wages' to cover unpaid responsibilities like the care of our Vets and the security of our Republic.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    This just in: An ever growing group of Individual States have opted to end payment of taxes to a tyrant Federal Government. One Governor was quoted as saying "We've got it from here, creepy Uncle Joe. We know how to build walls and protect our citizens, we'll send you a bill for the rest."

No money, no power. Have the state governments stop sending it. Clearly, the fed has enough...why is more necessary? Garnish their 'wages' to cover unpaid responsibilities like the care of our Vets and the security of our Republic.

**** the central state.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

When you say states should stop sending money to the federal government, you mean like federal taxes collected from individuals? State governments don’t pay federal taxes per se.

It’s an interesting idea. States might be able to tell employers to stop withholding federal taxes, and they might be able to pass laws that decriminalize failing to pay taxes. Probably wouldn’t hold up.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    **** the central state.
    This one? Yeah. **** Joe Biden and his candy ass cronies.

But, there is a legitimate role for the central government to play in a free society. And I do think we will see a time of increased freedom (relative to now).

The problem is that the media still thinks they’re the gatekeepers of information. They’re clinging to it with all they have. They don’t know they’re dead yet. We don’t need a fourth estate. We don’t need them. Or gatekeepers. Kill old media and the rest of the power of the establishment crumbles.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn’t vote for that ************. Let Democrats pay for Biden’s crazy ideas. And by Biden, I mean the DNC because there ain’t no way Biden is running the country. If he were in charge he’d have signed the executive order by now to have chocolate pudding on Tuesdays instead of tapioca, and move Saturday Bingo start time up an hour so he could go to bed sooner.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    When you say states should stop sending money to the federal government, you mean like federal taxes collected from individuals? State governments don’t pay federal taxes per se.

It’s an interesting idea. States might be able to tell employers to stop withholding federal taxes, and they might be able to pass laws that decriminalize failing to pay taxes. Probably wouldn’t hold up.

The employers do withhold for federal taxes but the state could enact legislation to require those Federal funds, collected within the state's borders, be sent directly to the local state government for the state to remit to the Fed. Then the state clearly spells out what it's expectations are regarding those funds, i.e. 'for Federal use as specified within the guidelines of the Constitution of the United States of America. Willful misuse of funds will be grounds for discontinuance or reduction of future payments.'

Texas want's a wall along the state border it shares with Mexico as part of the federal border system? One of the JOBS of the Federal Government is to secure it's borders; it clearly isn't doing that. No problem, Texas get's a quote for the expense...funds the build out of dollars earmarked for the fed and sends a copy of the invoice in it's place. They create an open AR with a running total of what's owed. When Federal tax dollars have covered the cost of the wall, they send whatever tax dollars are left on to the Fed with a copy of an invoice indicating the border wall expense was paid in full.

Yes, this is a ridiculous oversimplification but the theory is more sound than what we are tolerating now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The employers do withhold for federal taxes but the state could enact legislation to require those Federal funds, collected within the state's borders, be sent directly to the local state government for the state to remit to the Fed. Then the state clearly spells out what it's expectations are regarding those funds, i.e. 'for Federal use as specified within the guidelines of the Constitution of the United States of America. Willful misuse of funds will be grounds for discontinuance or reduction of future payments.'

Texas want's a wall along the state border it shares with Mexico as part of the federal border system? One of the JOBS of the Federal Government is to secure it's borders; it clearly isn't doing that. No problem, Texas get's a quote for the expense...funds the build out of dollars earmarked for the fed and sends a copy of the invoice in it's place. They create an open AR with a running total of what's owed. When Federal tax dollars have covered the cost of the wall, they send whatever tax dollars are left on to the Fed with a copy of an invoice indicating the border wall expense was paid in full.

Yes, this is a ridiculous oversimplification but the theory is more sound than what we are tolerating now.
    I think I’d rather cut out the middle man. Let me get to pick what my tax dollars get spent on. I think the state could force that into being. But that’s as far as I want state government to go.

So how about this? No more tax withholding. You write a check for your own taxes each pay period. Or quarterly for businesses. When you send your check in, you check the boxes and fill in percentages for where you want your money to be spent.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    I think I’d rather cut out the middle man. Let me get to pick what my tax dollars get spent on. I think the state could force that into being. But that’s as far as I want state government to go.

So how about this? No more tax withholding. You write a check for your own taxes each pay period. Or quarterly for businesses. When you send your check in, you check the boxes and fill in percentages for where you want your money to be spent.
    WHY do you think everyone went to a virtual copy of a pay stub? So employees never really see what the government is stealing from them. I had to explain to my 20yr old son that INCOME TAX isn't something that has been around forever and it is something that could go away if enough people gave a crap about affecting change in this system.

How about a flat tax? Lots of revenue going to pay the IRS to audit income tax returns...what revenue would be salvaged if all that bureaucracy went away??? Did we just find room in the budget to avoid having to raise the debt ceiling? [gasp!] Gee that was hard!

People need to get mad! People need to sit down and let this roll around and marinate in their brains: there is actual discussion about GIVING a non-citizen a settlement of $450,000 FOR BREAKING OUR LAWS!!!! How long would it take you to WORK to receive $450,000?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've never filed a suit against anybody on contingency so I have no idea if the percentage law firms get is "flexible" or regulated by something. Maybe someone more experienced can weigh in, but if it's strictly contractual, the lawyers representing these illegals could be walking off with nearly the entire federal payout. Be interesting to get the names of those firms and see what their connection is to dc leadership.

Always follow the money

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've never filed a suit against anybody on contingency so I have no idea if the percentage law firms get is "flexible" or regulated by something. Maybe someone more experienced can weigh in, but if it's strictly contractual, the lawyers representing these illegals could be walking off with nearly the entire federal payout. Be interesting to get the names of those firms and see what their connection is to dc leadership.

Always follow the money
    Since DC is so rife with nepotism i'm sure if you followed a money trail it would lead to somebody's relative.

Top Bottom