• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We carry the limited edition LOST CITY Opus X collection. They are a bit more money than the standard Opus X cigars, but a bit less cash than 'rare' collections, which can go up to about $50 each.

And Bubba is sick. Boo. Maybe next time, folks. Have fun!
    Bummer, hopefully we'll see you next time. Probably have another one in January or February for the INGO group.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Headed over about 6:45 and should be there around 7:15 to 7:30 with Bullfrog4Ever
    Not sure if he appreciates a good cigar or not, but definitely interested in the verbal gun exchange...

(Dang, still have that Oliver image of Jedi on the North side of 30... gotta see my psychologist about that!!! )

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    If anyone is interested I have 600 rounds of 7.62x39 and several boxes of 9mm defensive ammo for sale or trade here with me.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Good time tonight, and pretty good turnout. Great gun talk, and of course it got better when everyone realized I was the guy with the "tainted" Ruger SR1911.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How do I get my eyes to stop burnin?
    Had a good time. Met some new people, new to me anyway.
    Met Andy, avoided the pistol.
    Almost late to work. Repeter had to remind me to take the pistol off.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I think you have a new guard at the 1101.

1115122105c.jpg

No one steals cigars when Larissa is on duty.

1115122107b.jpg

1115122107c.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    A special thanks to Ghost of Winter & Lady Ghost for brining in the Pumpkin Pie and the Apple Pie.

Turnout was good, probably the 2nd best for a cigar lounge Open Carry night. Oh, and I think I was the only INGO member who was carrying concealed. The biggest event we had was at the old Pine Island store when it was standing room only and people out the door. But we probably had about 20 INGO members in the house yesterday, some arrived early and left early, some arrived early and left late, but I think all had a good time. A small group of us stayed for an hour or so after the store closed just sitting around, until IN_Sheepdog broke the toilet. . . and then stunk up the place with a GRAPE flavored Swisher Sweet. Not sure exactly what time we locked the door but I know I followed Andy south on 41 until he turned off in Cedar Lake, that was sometime after 10:15pm.

One of the non-INGO folks who attended lives in New Jersey and is actually pro-gun, he is in town on business for a few days each week and stopped into the lounge. I got to talk to him for a while and he was in love with our gun laws. He lived in Indiana for a few years and carried while he lived here but his job got him transferred back to NJ. I think I got him hooked on buying a Detonics, or two. Field stripped mine for him, slapped it back together, all in a matter of seconds. No tools. He has a Kimber 5" 1911 and couldn't believe how much easier it is to tear apart/reassemble a Detonics, loved it, loved the craftsmanship and fitting, loved the fact that each Detonics is hand made by a single gunsmith from start to finish. And then he bought an Opus X cigar. I think that is like a message and a happy ending. :):

The highlights last night were the eyes of some of the non-INGO members when Andy's S&W 500 and Desert Eagle 50AE got pulled out for display. Then later when Sadclown's AR showed its face. A non-INGO member who is a retired Army Major and current ROTC instructor took the AR and pretty much swept the muzzle across the lounge while playing with it . . . and I refrained from shouting "Black man with a gun" while he had that AR pointing at me.

I think most people had a good time, I know I did. But nobody saw Jedi peeping over from across the road. Apparently his new tactical pink digital camo works pretty well. :cool:

Last edited:

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    A small group of us stayed for an hour or so after the store closed just sitting around, until IN_Sheepdog broke the toilet. . . (I DID NOT BREAK YOUR FRIGGIN TOILET, I MERELY INFORMED YOU OF THE FACT THAT IT WAS INOPERATIVE... fortunately it was not a visit requiring the use of the Swisher!! ) and then stunk up the place with a GRAPE flavored Swisher Sweet. (CIGAR SNOBS...Geesh! ) Not sure exactly what time we locked the door but I know I followed Andy south on 41 until he turned off in Cedar Lake, that was sometime after 10:15pm. (I KEPT TRYING TO LEAVE, AND THEN THE DISCUSSION WENT OFF AGAIN IN ANOTHER INTERESTING DIRECTION... GREAT TIME !)

One of the non-INGO folks who attended lives in New Jersey and is actually pro-gun, he is in town on business for a few days each week and stopped into the lounge. I got to talk to him for a while and he was in love with our gun laws. He lived in Indiana for a few years and carried while he lived here but his job got him transferred back to NJ. I think I got him hooked on buying a Detonics, or two. Field stripped mine for him, slapped it back together, all in a matter of seconds. No tools. He has a Kimber 5" 1911 and couldn't believe how much easier it is to tear apart/reassemble a Detonics, loved it, loved the craftsmanship and fitting, loved the fact that each Detonics is hand made by a single gunsmith from start to finish. And then he bought an Opus X cigar. I think that is like a message and a happy ending. :):

The highlights last night were the eyes of some of the non-INGO members when Andy's S&W 500 and Desert Eagle 50AE got pulled out for display. Then later when Sadclown's AR showed its face. (LARISSA Looked better with it than the other guy... jus sayin...) A non-INGO member who is a retired Army Major and current ROTC instructor took the AR and pretty much swept the muzzle across the lounge while playing with it . . .(we did inform him however that considering everyone else he was sweeping was armed, that was NOT a good idea... I thought GofW was gonna draw on him! jk) and I refrained from shouting "Black man with a gun" while he had that AR pointing at me. (He was a really nice guy. Talked to him for quite awhile, but does need a little "edu-macating" on proper gun handling:

I think most people had a good time, (don't know anyone who didn't... but Mrs Sheepdog was really curious (suspicious?) why my eyes were so bloodshot when I got home... After 34 years, It isn't often I get ordered to strip my clothes off at the back door... (i know i know... too much information! )
    I know I did. But nobody saw Jedi peeping over from across the road. Apparently his new tactical pink digital camo works pretty well. :cool: I think saw him, he was hiding behind the neon sign with the Caddy sitting next to it...(pink of course) he was just protecting his reputation...

Great time... and the swisher only came out after two fine cigars previous... You had already closed out your register by that point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom