Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I put some bird cakes out but the squirrels keep chasing the birds away from them. They like sitting at the base of an oak
    tree eating acorns also. The age old question being how to keep squirrels away from bird feeders.

View attachment 302711

Eat them. Yes. Eat them. No repeat offenders. Sucks for them that I like pecans too.

Have to be a little stealthier in the neighborhood - 22 Shorts are quiet out of the longer-than-normal factory barrel of the Browning 22 short in the 2nd photo.

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_2191.jpg

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Pellet or arrows would work out great in a neighborhood but you should have a plan for what to do with them after… eating is the obvious choice. They are delicious.
    I have eaten squirrel before and no problem doing it again. Got a recipe for some squirrel stew around here somewhere. I have
    put salt and pepper on them and baked them in foil when there were only one or two.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I have eaten squirrel before and no problem doing it again. Got a recipe for some squirrel stew around here somewhere. I have
    put salt and pepper on them and baked them in foil when there were only one or two.
    My favorite is fried. Just like chicken but I precook on the pressure cooker and then just brown the breading.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    A friend came from out of town yesterday and we were sitting at the picnic table on the patio. Had my Black Widow that
    is pictured. Got a couple of shots off and I swear one of them little rats must have felt it a little bit. Skimmed it with a non leathal
    judo tip and 18 yards or so. Also good practice shooting while sitting for deer hunting.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Back home from the Colts game. That's enough windshield time for today.
    My grandson and his girlfriend left Fort Collins , Colorado Friday afternoon to come back to Greenfield, Indiana for his dog and some stuff to take back to his new home. They left early this morning and around 11:00 this morning they were half way thru Nebraska. He said about 16 hours each way for some major windshield time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom