Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The US is deporting 95 year old Naturalized Citizens to Isreal for trial, because they were Privates, or Seargants in the German Army stationed in Concentration Camps. I don't think this outcome will be good.

We need Ambadador Dennis Rodman to negociate his safe release. Trade Merrill Newman for Mily Cyrus!

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Aren't we a member of the all powerfull United Nations ? You know, that august body of world powers that have the ability to change world order. The organization that is heavily funded by the United States - that doesn't give a crap about U.S. policy. Let's let the U.N. impose sanctions on N. Korea. Oh, forgot that would also take an affirmative vote - which China, Russia, and an additional conglomerate of other third world countries headed by despots, dictators, and tyrants would fail to do.

I don't think the captured gentleman demonstrated very good common sense with his travel itinerary - especially if he expected the United States governmet to come to his aid if needed. I guess he should consider himself luckier than the U.S. diplomat that was murdered in Benghazi. We (the U.S.) handled that really well - with full and open disclosure !

Technically, the United Nations is still at war with North Korea.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And worrying about their image?

That must be why they shoot across the dmz.
    And make theats about artillery shelling.
    And put commandos in mini subs and drop them off South's coast.

Hey, look who headed their PR firm for years?
    Kim_Jong-il_Team_America_World_Police.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Perhaps to convince their own people that they are extremely vengeful, never forget, and have no fear of anyone, including us? Sounds like perfect mass intimidation to me.

Trying to ascribe rational explanations for the behavior of the irrational is an exercise in futility. NK does what it does because it's NK.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    And worrying about their image?

That must be why they shoot across the dmz.
    And make theats about artillery shelling.
    And put commandos in mini subs and drop them off South's coast.

They probably still teach that the US conducted germ warfare in the North during the war. The first time I visited the military museum in Beijing (2006) even they had an exhibit on this. By 2008 they had pulled it down in favor of a glitzy display on the modern PLA (well, and the Olympics may have been a factor as well). DPRK is increasingly isolated.

I thought about taking a tour recently. Glad I passed up the opportunity to see wretched starving subjects.

Our own wretched subjects are spectacle enough...

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I went to North Korea as a kid. We visited the DMZ and we could walk abut 15 feet in to North Korean territory while in one of the UN buildings that straddles the border. I've been across the border, so I count it on my list :) However, I don't believe I'd want to visit under normal, whatever that may be for that country, circumstances.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Couldn't the US go in and rescue these hostages of which we speak?

Yes and no.
    We could.
    But it depends on if someone is willing to risk their political heinie.

Sending armed troops into another country, without their permission, is an act of war.
    Yes we have done it before.

Not only the political side, but North Korea has a lot better anti-air capability than say Pakistan.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nothing. I don't understand what point you're trying to make. Holding an elderly man hostage does not make good PR. I'd imagine they have a reason.

Leader's uncle rose to No. 2 in North Korea
    Among his "crimes" he is accused/convicted of......
    "In its sharply worded character assassination, KCNA castigated Jang for "unwillingly standing up from his seat and half-heartedly clapping" when Kim received an important title."

Half heartedly clapping.

Yup, they must be worried about their image.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Leader's uncle rose to No. 2 in North Korea
    Among his "crimes" he is accused/convicted of......
    "In its sharply worded character assassination, KCNA castigated Jang for "unwillingly standing up from his seat and half-heartedly clapping" when Kim received an important title."

Half heartedly clapping.

Yup, they must be worried about their image.

That article isn't relevant to the old guy getting held hostage. I was correct when I said that "they have a reason." That reason turned out to be quite good. The elderly man had fought had trained guerrilla fighters to cause havoc behind enemy lines. Upon reentering North Korea he told his GOVERNMENT GUIDE that he wanted to contact KNOWN GUERRILLA FIGHTERS that he has trained 60 years ago.

Lets summarize: Enemy of NK trains people to be terrorists, 60 years elapse, same man attempts to reconnect with terrorists.

Their hostage taking seems to be making A LOT more sense.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That article isn't relevant to the old guy getting held hostage. I was correct when I said that "they have a reason." That reason turned out to be quite good. The elderly man had fought had trained guerrilla fighters to cause havoc behind enemy lines. Upon reentering North Korea he told his GOVERNMENT GUIDE that he wanted to contact KNOWN GUERRILLA FIGHTERS that he has trained 60 years ago.

Lets summarize: Enemy of NK trains people to be terrorists, 60 years elapse, same man attempts to reconnect with terrorists.

Their hostage taking seems to be making A LOT more sense.

North Korea said he wanted to contact.....
    North Korea claims.... but I tend to disbelieve what they say on general principle, based on real world past experience.

The article is relevant, because you claimed they wouldn't do anything that would make them look bad.... bad PR.
    Executing someone, and one of the charges is "not clapping enough" makes you (North Korea) look bad.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    North Korea said he wanted to contact.....
    North Korea claims.... but I tend to disbelieve what they say on general principle, based on real world past experience.

Wrong. Try reading. Here is an article to begin with: Korean War veteran Merrill Newman gives details of detention by Pyongyang - The Washington Post

According to Merrill Newman, the guy who was actually held hostage, he did try to contact individuals who he had trained to be terrorists in their nation.

Merrill Newman said, "...I innocently asked my North Korean guides whether some of those who fought in the war in the Mount Kuwol area might still be alive, and expressed an interest in possibly meeting them if they were."

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Wrong. Try reading. Here is an article to begin with: Korean War veteran Merrill Newman gives details of detention by Pyongyang - The Washington Post

According to Merrill Newman, the guy who was actually held hostage, he did try to contact individuals who he had trained to be terrorists in their nation.

Merrill Newman said, "...I innocently asked my North Korean guides whether some of those who fought in the war in the Mount Kuwol area might still be alive, and expressed an interest in possibly meeting them if they were."

Ya because a 85 yr. old man and a few who might still be alive at age 85 are planning to take over NK.......Rambo style.....Ya if I was NK I would be so terrified I wouldn't be able to sleep at night......What part of 85 yrs. old don't you understand.....LOL

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom