• BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Posted: 05:21 AM ET
    art.clinton.afp.gi.jpg
    Hillary Clinton says North Korea's refusal to discuss nuclear program could provoke arms race.

corner_wire_BL.gif

BANGKOK, Thailand (CNN) — North Korea launched a scathing personal attack on U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Thursday after she likened the leadership in Pyongyang to "small children and unruly teenagers and people who are demanding attention."
    At a meeting of southeast Asian nations in Phuket, Thailand, a North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman blasted Clinton for what he called a "spate of vulgar remarks unbecoming for her position everywhere she went since she was sworn in," according to the state-run KCNA news agency.
    The spokesman called Clinton "by no means intelligent" and a "funny lady."
    "Sometimes she looks like a primary schoolgirl and sometimes a pensioner going shopping," the statement said.
    Full story

:laugh: :popcorn:

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    Talk, Talk, Talk. North Korea has proven by its actions over the years that it is nothing but a rogue state. The rest of the world is going to keep whining and sniveling and making concessions in an attempt to cajole Kim Jong-Il and company into giving up their nukes while the DPRK continues to build up its stockpile. Then one morning the world will wake up to discover that those lunatics have enough nukes to be a serious threat to the planet. Slag the bas****s now, before they can do it to us.:soapbox:

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Talk, Talk, Talk. North Korea has proven by its actions over the years that it is nothing but a rogue state. The rest of the world is going to keep whining and sniveling and making concessions in an attempt to cajole Kim Jong-Il and company into giving up their nukes while the DPRK continues to build up its stockpile. Then one morning the world will wake up to discover that those lunatics have enough nukes to be a serious threat to the planet. Slag the bas****s now, before they can do it to us.:soapbox:

Amen! Let's quit pissing around and nip it in the bud!:draw::+1:

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    Yup, they did hit the nail on the head when it comes to Hillary! :D

But, by doing nothing now, we're only going to make the eventual confrontation with NK even worse than it will be. Though first we must get everyone in the region on board with us, espcially China. China is going to be the key to stopping NK, I believe.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

But, by doing nothing now, we're only going to make the eventual confrontation with NK even worse than it will be. Though first we must get everyone in the region on board with us, espcially China. China is going to be the key to stopping NK, I believe.

Not going to happen. China is more than pissed at the US right now for the way we are printing $$$$. We are making all the bonds they purchased worth nothing. They have warned the FED, more than once, to STOP PRINTING MONEY. If the FED doesn't listen to the country that owns them, I don't see them backing us here.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Now see, I thought BO and HC had it all planned out. All you gotta do is talk nice to NK, they will then see the light and hand over all their weapons and beg forgiveness. Apparently sitting around a campfire and singing Kumbaiya wasn't enough.....we have to talk nicer...or something....ROTFL

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Could you please detail why it's our responsibility to address NK? I'm curious why you advocate war against a nation that's 4,500 miles from Honolulu, 5,100 miles from Seattle, & 6,700 miles from Anchorage.

Do you have a checkpoint set up in your neighbor's house to ensure the safety of yours?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think their opinoin on Hillory is spot on.

That being said, we will continue to do nothing about No. Korea.

Took the words from my mouth.

Could you please detail why it's our responsibility to address NK? I'm curious why you advocate war against a nation that's 4,500 miles from Honolulu, 5,100 miles from Seattle, & 6,700 miles from Anchorage.

Do you have a checkpoint set up in your neighbor's house to ensure the safety of yours?

Why, yes, thank you. One of the few advantages of suburban lifestyles is the ability to befriend a well armed neighbor or two.. :D

I think it became our responsiblity through the UN Security Council. Another good reason to kick the UN back across the pond...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Because one EMP over Nebraska could screw this nation up for . . . who knows how long.

Not advocating war, but North Korea is a rogue state and it is in our national interests to prevent them from, 1. doing something stupid in South Korea, 2. selling nukes to The Base, 3. continuing their current government.

I don't know what is best, but we must address North Korea. Maybe Radio Free Korea? Airdrop bacon and Levis?

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Because one EMP over Nebraska could screw this nation up for . . . who knows how long.

Not advocating war, but North Korea is a rogue state and it is in our national interests to prevent them from, 1. doing something stupid in South Korea, 2. selling nukes to The Base, 3. continuing their current government.

I don't know what is best, but we must address North Korea. Maybe Radio Free Korea? Airdrop bacon and Levis?

Could you please define "rogue state".

When I hear that term, I think of a nation which desires to determine it's own destiny. In other words, a nation which wants to retain its sovereignty.

Are you so willing to trample the sovereignty of other nations because of your un-based fears?

It's very hypocritical that the "Land of the Free" & "Home of the Brave" is threatening the freedom of other nations simply because of our fears.

:wallbash:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

When I hear that term, I think of a nation which desires to determine it's own destiny. In other words, a nation which wants to retain its sovereignty.

Are you so willing to trample the sovereignty of other nations because of your un-based fears?

It's very hypocritical that the "Land of the Free" & "Home of the Brave" is threatening the freedom of other nations simply because of our fears.

I'll define rogue state. It's a nation that wishes to do others harm regardless what anyone else says or does about it. It doesn't want to retain sovereignty. It wants to retain the right to take back South Korea, or wipe it out, sell nuclear weapons to people that could actually use it to hurt us for helping South Korea, and it wants to be friends with anyone out to hurt us.

It's not about our fears. It's about their intentions. What you are describing is the Cold War. Both sides were so afraid of the other side that they always felt as though the other side was out to get them. When in fact both sides just wanted to be left to their own devices.

North Korea is NOT that way. They want to hurt people. They want South Korea back. They want us to die for helping South Korea. That's why we have a say in it. We are protecting an ally that we gave our WORD we would help defend.

Should we just renig and say, "Sorry bout cha!" as we scramble to stay clear of the coming on-slaught? What's that say about Americans?

Please make sure you understand the facts of the situation, not the emotion from the media.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

You would be mistaken. You describe Switzerland, I am describing a communist hellhole like North Korea, any of the barefoot kleptocracies of Africa, or the medieval lunacy of the Taliban. A rogue state is a, 1. starving rathole of a nation ruled by a, 2. nutjob or group of nutjobs, 3. that threaten others.

North Korea:
    1. is a starving rathole of a nation,
    2. is ruled by a total and complete nutjob,
    3. threatens others (Japan, RoK, USA, etc.)
    4. is a rogue state.

See below:

Rogue state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rogue state is a term applied by some international theorists to states considered threatening to the world's peace. This means meeting certain criteria, such as being ruled by authoritarian regimes that severely restrict human rights, sponsor terrorism, and seek to proliferate weapons of mass destruction.[5] The term is used most by the United States, though it has been applied by other countries.[6]
    In virtually all international foreign policy circles, rogue states are considered to be those nations utterly ruled by individuals (rather than subject to a popular electoral process) and whose legitimacy, intentions, and notions of the process of legitimate succession (if any) is highly suspect. Furthermore, rogue states (as opposed to nominal non-newsworthy dictatorships which pose no external threat) typically become consequential due to their engagement in the threat - or conduct of - war, particularly against neighbor states, without regard to international law.

Ummm, unbased? No, it was the North Koreans that attacked South Korea in 1950 and they announced that they will do so again. If any trampling is to be done, it will be the communists. You do realize that North Korea recently declared that it is ready to go to war with the RoK, right?

You do realize that PRNK has shot off ballistic missles over our allies in Asia? You do realize that PRNK is openly hawking missle tech to other nations that have ties to terrorist groups who seek the destruction of the USA?

This is not irrational fear. Irrational fear would be being afraid that Switzerland may attack us. Rational fear is being afraid that The Base may strike again and this time bring nukes.

No one is saying that we send the 2ID into PRNK, but what we can do, isolate them, convince their ally (China) to help us, not them, stop their criminal enterprises (narcotics, gunrunning and counterfeiting) and work on changing their regime internally.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    NK's biggest threat is regional stability, which in turn results in a huge economic impact on our economy and influence in the region, read China. You already have the Hawks in Japan wanting to modify their defense constitution and pushing for their own nuclear program, as well as SK wanting the green light from the US to develop more advanced missile technology.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, you guys make it sound like the US is a "Rogue State".

The United States of America:
    1. is a starving rathole of a nation. (in 3...2...1... "Your unemployment has run out")
    2. is ruled by a total and complete nutjob :whistle:
    3. threatens others (North Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, etc, etc, etc.)

Oh wait, I forgot. God told you it's OK for us to have ICBMs, Nukes, etc & that nobody else can have them.

It's this hypocrisy which gains us enemies. :twocents:

Metro 40

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008

Nice parroting of the libertarian party line.

Fortunately for the rest of us, our nation takes an interest in world affairs in order to safeguard our security and well-being. What happens in the region where NK is located does matter to us, and to the rest of the world. Instability in that region is not only dangerous to the countries close to NK, it is dangerous to us.

Despite our missteps in foreign policy, being involved is a good deal better than sitting on the couch at home and ignoring what is going on in the world. You can damn sure bet that if we pull back from world affairs, countries that don't exactly have our best interests at heart will move right in.

Ignoring the problem will not make it go away. We are a global economy, like it or not. The days of horses and buggies, and "what happens 1000 miles away doesn't effect me" are over. Besides, NK and SK are technically still at war, with only an armistice in place, not a peace treaty. SK is our ally. If abandoning our allies becomes our new foreign policy, then it won't be long before every dictator with a funny hat starts challenging us. Weakness brings less security, not more.

If people like you were in charge, we'd be speaking German right now.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Moral Equivalency? You would equate the USA with North Korea? Perhaps Nazi Germany and the USSR as well?

The USA does not restrict human rights, does not starve its people (have you looked at how fat people are?), does not sponsor terrorism and does not profligate nuclear weapons to madmen, does not threaten others who do not threat it. North Korea does all of these things.

Oh wait, I forgot. God told you it's OK for us to have ICBMs, Nukes, etc & that nobody else can have them.

No, that would be internation law, not God. I do not want madmen sitting on dungheaps like North Korea popping nukes off over Nebraska just for kicks.

North Korea agreed to give up its nukes and badly embarrassed the Clinton Administration by deceiving everyone involved. North Korea must be shown the err of its ways.

There is evil in this world and when you look at North Korea, you look right down the barrel of it.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Nice parroting of the libertarian party line.

Fortunately for the rest of us, our nation takes an interest in world affairs in order to safeguard our security and well-being. What happens in the region where NK is located does matter to us, and to the rest of the world. Instability in that region is not only dangerous to the countries close to NK, it is dangerous to us.

Despite our missteps in foreign policy, being involved is a good deal better than sitting on the couch at home and ignoring what is going on in the world. You can damn sure bet that if we pull back from world affairs, countries that don't exactly have our best interests at heart will move right in.

Ignoring the problem will not make it go away. We are a global economy, like it or not. The days of horses and buggies, and "what happens 1000 miles away doesn't effect me" are over. Besides, NK and SK are technically still at war, with only an armistice in place, not a peace treaty. SK is our ally. If abandoning our allies becomes our new foreign policy, then it won't be long before every dictator with a funny hat starts challenging us. Weakness brings less security, not more.

If people like you were in charge, we'd be speaking German right now.

Oh, that's right. The Constitution specifically states that we should seek out & maintain entangling alliances. Thanks for the reminder.

I wouldn't have so much of a problem with it if we'd go ahead & admit we all want a global empire, then perform the tasks necessary to kick ass & make it so.

This half-arsed global domination strategy which drains our coffers & lowers our standard of living without providing any additional security is simply crazy.

Do you really think NK would be making threats if we hadn't immorally backed them into a corner for the last 5 or 6 decades? Our foreign policy is insane. In my eyes, we're the aggressor, not NK. But, I guess I won't be able to convince any of you otherwise...

What sort of threat do you think NK actually poses to us? Do you really think we can defend against covert destruction by puffing out our chests? Why use missiles when they can smuggle stuff in through Mexico?

Where can I get my "Let's get mired in another foreign war!" magnetic tailgate ribbon?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow, you guys make it sound like the US is a "Rogue State".

The United States of America:
    1. is a starving rathole of a nation. (in 3...2...1... "Your unemployment has run out")
    2. is ruled by a total and complete nutjob :whistle:
    3. threatens others (North Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, etc, etc, etc.)

It's this hypocrisy which gains us enemies. :twocents:

I wouldn't give my 3y/o a .50BMG Barret with incindeary rounds to shoot, why would you want to give terrorists nukes?

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    No, that would be internation law, not God. I do not want madmen sitting on dungheaps like North Korea popping nukes off over Nebraska just for kicks.

So, International "Law" trumps national sovereignty now? I guess we do have a NWO after all.

Until NK attacks someone, they're just a big talker. They've not been aggressive. An attack upon them now would make us the aggressor.

AOI:

Ability - NK doesn't have the ability to strike us. They do have limited ability to strike into Russia & SK.

Opportunity - NK doesn't have the opportunity to strike us or destabilize their region. Any aggression on their part would be quickly quelled.

Intent - NK hasn't proven intent. They've certainly feigned it, but I don't believe it to be wholehearted.

All 3 of these conditions must be fulfilled to justify a self-defense shooting. It's my opinion that this is applicable to foreign policy as well.

I suppose some of you feel that they've fulfilled all 3. I believe them to be at less than 50% on each. They bear watching, but invasion would be an aggression on our part, not theirs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom